Don’t know what is wrong with my vape, pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack55

Oct 3, 2017
I have never bought a vape before, so yesterday I bought the kangertech eVod pro v2. I didn’t have a chance to use it until today. I primed the ohm .5 coil and filled the tank about 1/4 of the way.(a friend gave me the rest of his juice because I didn’t buy any.) Anyway, I hit it a few times and realized that every time I turned it on and took a few hits, it would start spitting juice out. I can’t figure out how to stop it, if someone could help me that would make my day.

Zack55

Oct 3, 2017
HI and welcome. Are you getting any vapor at all? Or just juice? If not, the coil is probably not properly installed. If you get some vapor, plus juice, the coil is probably flooded, and vaping on it a bit usually fixes it.
I am getting all vapor for the first 2-3 long hits, then it’s droplets of juice with the vapor. I checked twice, the coil is on perfectly, not overtightened. Also, how vaping usually fixes it if that’s the case?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I am getting all vapor for the first 2-3 long hits, then it’s droplets of juice with the vapor. I checked twice, the coil is on perfectly, not overtightened. Also, how vaping usually fixes it if that’s the case?
Then I don't know what's wrong. How vaping fixes a flooded coil is by evaporating the extra juice.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hello & Welcome...Wish I could help with that but I have zero experience with an eVod...Only Kanger I use is a TopTank Mini...But I use that with the air pinched off to almost nothing at low watts with a 1.6 coil...The eVod is pretty different so I wouldn't want to even venture a guess...Someone will have a good answer...Trig

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Evod Pro uses the CLOCC coils, comparable to the Cubis BF coils. They're prone to flooding. You can do one of three things (in order of preference by me...):

1. Invert the entire thing, and kind of flip it... like snapping a towel... or knock it against a pad of paper towels in the palm of your hand. This will remove most of the e-liquid built up in the coil.

2. Using a Q-Tip, VERY VERY gently swab the inside of the coil and chimney by inserting the coil through the drip tip. I say VERY VERY because poking around in the coils can bend them and ruin them, but this method will remove excess e-liquid.

3. Develop a taste for hot e-liquid... lol... no, don't do this.

To prevent or minimize this, look for juices with higher VG levels. More VG means more viscosity and slower seeping through the coils.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello & Welcome...Wish I could help with that but I have zero experience with an eVod...Only Kanger I use is a TopTank Mini...But I use that with the air pinched off to almost nothing at low watts with a 1.6 coil...The eVod is pretty different so I wouldn't want to even venture a guess...Someone will have a good answer...Trig
Sorry Trig, I guess I had you mixed up with someone else from another thread. :oops:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some general guidelines with clearomizer tanks.

VAPING TIPS:

Flooding is a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. The definition of flooding is getting juice into the air passage of the tank. This can include any point between the mouth piece and the very bottom part that connects to the battery. Each tank has holes in that air passage, where the wicks passthrough. This is required for the device to work properly. Unfortunately, this opens up the possibility for flooding. The trick with flooding, is knowing how to avoid it. I’ll explain a little more, but a few common causes for flooding a tank include: improper filling, over filling, pulling too hard when hitting the device, and the temperature can even play a role and/or damage.

Before I get into the explanation, let me explain how an e-cig works a little more in depth. Nearly every tank has a wick that is used to absorb the juice in the tank. This wick cuts through the air passage. Typically, the wicks look like strings hanging in the tank, but some have smaller wicks located at the bottom of the tank and the ‘strings’ are not visible unless the tank is disassembled. Each wick has a piece of wire that wraps around it in a coil. When you activate the button on the battery, you send electricity through the wire. As the wire heats up, it vaporizes the juice that is in the wick.

Improper Filling: When filling your tank, you have to be careful not to get juice into the center tube of the tank. This center tube is the air passage. When you take a draw, air comes from the bottom of the tank, through the air passage and into your mouth. If you get juice into this passage way, your tank is flooded.

Over Filling: If you over fill a tank (specifically a top coil like the ones that come with the starter kits and gift boxes), the wicks can become over saturated and just like a rain cloud, they will leak into the air passage. Once this happens, you have a flooded tank.

Pulling Too Hard: As I mentioned the wicks absorb the juice in the tank. As you "pull" on the device (taking a draw or vape), you cause a vacuum effect that pulls juice into the wicks. If you pull too hard, you can pull in more juice then the coil can vaporize. If this happens, the juice leaks into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Temperature: E-Juice is a viscous liquid. Which means that as it warms up, it will thin out. And in the opposite form, it will thicken when it gets cold. When it thins, it is more difficult for the wicks to hold back the thin juice. This usually causes the wicks to over saturate and, you guessed it, it will leak into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Damage: There are o-rings and gaskets used that can wear out with usage. If certain ones fail or get lost, leaking will occur, in turn flooding the air passage and causing you to have a flooded tank. Other than accidentally losing something, damage can occur when its carried in a purse or a pocket or by over tightening the tank to the battery. Over tightening is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid Pam don't you have experience with evods?

No, just the earlier iterations of that type of mod. I recommend it to beginners because I wish it had been on the market when I started. I think the advice given here is great and should fix the problem. I used to do the things that @Shawn Hoefer recommended and that always worked with the eGo mods and clearomizers. Good luck, @Zack55!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you hold down the button, blow OUT through your airholes (if it's a bottom airflow device, not sure) and use a paper towel to catch the drops that come out. Really my preferred method to deal with flooding as it's fast, easy, and you won't be flinging juice around. You may have to do it a couple of times, but that should work. Don't just hold down the fire button alone, you will toast your coil and burn your juice, yes. That's not usually ever recommended unless you are using a very different type of equipment where coils are cleaned by dry burning (an RTA or RDA), but that's about the ONLY time I can think of that doing that is useful.... And it's certainly not indicated for your situation.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have never bought a vape before, so yesterday I bought the kangertech eVod pro v2. I didn’t have a chance to use it until today. I primed the ohm .5 coil and filled the tank about 1/4 of the way.(a friend gave me the rest of his juice because I didn’t buy any.) Anyway, I hit it a few times and realized that every time I turned it on and took a few hits, it would start spitting juice out. I can’t figure out how to stop it, if someone could help me that would make my day.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I bet you feel like you have hooped into a Ferrari and have never driven before. You may need quite a bit of hands on help. If possible, might visit your local B&M Vape shop and they may be able to answer your questions. The vape shop folks could tie things together for you in order to justify your expense.
Might like to read:
Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
You need to remove the excess liquid from the coil/head and/or airtube. Some of the liquid may just be condensation.

.Roll up a piece of paper towel into a ling thin piece to stick all the way thru the airtube down to the coil. Let it sit a minute or two to sop up the liquid. May have to repeat.

Vape upside down to burn off the liquid while preventing more liquid getting to the wick...3-4 puffs...don't dry out the wick. Yes, you will get liquid in your mouth.

Turn up the wattage to burn off more liquid.

Use thicker liquid (more VG).

When you refill, just start threading the top back on, then turn it upside down and finish screwing it down. This keeps the air pressure from flooding the coil.

Since this is a top airflow tank, I doubt you can blow it out, but you can try.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread