Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
We go out of our way to be good to people, but every now and then we get a mad customer. I want everyone to know I will refund your money and delete your account if you are rude to Sara on the phone/email. She works too hard to have to deal with people telling her shes a liar ,or that her customer service is trash.

This is my reply to the latest email about wait times. Keep in mind I hardly ever answer the emails because Sara does them every day like clock work. If you want to yell or talk mean to some one about wait times fell free to call me 248-346-3205.

Hi. I have offered you a full refund + $10 for your trouble , and Sara has tried to make you happy at every turn. The fact is GLVs are made by me and me only. We have 6 different products that have to be built ..meaning I have 6 different list to build every day. Not to mention the FIRST run of a NEW product. At this point you have done nothing but call Sara a liar and bad mouth our customer service. None of witch made your GLV go out any quicker. You can post a bad review in any forum you would like. Our customer service speaks for its self. I don't like the lead time being what it is but, there is nothing I can do about that as of right now. We are very busy and most people understand that, and are patient . If you can't stand a longer then maybe a GLV is not for you. I am planing on training the right person to help build them, but we work from home, with a new baby so you can see why we don't want just anyone working with us. By the way your GLV is in today's batch to go out. We try to estimate lead times ,but unforeseen issues with the V3 has held up first run production. Second round customers will have a shorter wait time , because of the patient first round customers that waited /helped through the small bumps in the first round road. We are sorry for the holdups and delays Hope you like your GLV and thanks for your order.

No reply needed.

-jay

monarch79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Why hassle the small business owner?
These are just people like you and me... Only they build awesome PVs, and we don't.

I'm ITCHING to get my hands on my GLV like nobody's business...
It was a birthday present, and yesterday was my birthday, and it was not here yet.
That sucks, but you know what? F it. I'm not gonna die without it.

Distracting people by spitting venom will only make GLVs go out slower......
That kind of stuff could get a man lynched round these parts. :evil:

That is all, carry on.

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Hi I am normally a miserable person but in all the dealings I had with Sara, she has been pleasant, helpful, and professional. I live in Canada so once you ship mine I have another 2 or 3 weeks to wait. I promise I won't yell and scream at you guys because I have a brain and can figure out that waiting is part of the game with any new product. Buy Sara some chocolates, flowers, and jewellery, that always seems to put them in a better mood.
Drac

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Hi I am normally a miserable person but in all the dealings I had with Sara, she has been pleasant, helpful, and professional. I live in Canada so once you ship mine I have another 2 or 3 weeks to wait. I promise I won't yell and scream at you guys because I have a brain and can figure out that waiting is part of the game with any new product. Buy Sara some chocolates, flowers, and jewellery, that always seems to put them in a better mood.
Drac

A cushion cut diamond around her neck would be beautiful!!

htdsnjup

Jul 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
No he didn't want it. It was an attempt to make him happy , he was never going to get both. There were several emails between him and Sara before I replied.

Oh whew! That's good to know. I hate seeing impatience and rudeness get rewarded (like sometimes in a restaurant). I thought we've already learned, since we all were once children, that crying and yelling does not get you want you want any quicker. I guess some people don't grow up.

EDIT: I love how this is a sticky! Feels very family-esque
"Don't yell at mom!"

Last edited:

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
I have not had the pleasure yet of dealing with Sara or Jay but I do want to put in my two cents about customer service. I do not understand why some low class idiots feel it is their God given right to yell at, cuss at, or demean anyone in customer service. I don't care if you feel you are not getting what you deserve, want, or feel entitled to. What ever happened to acting like civilized adults and discussing our disputes without resorting to abuse? Customer service is a difficult profession; lets cut these hard working people a break and treat them as you would like to be treated!!

noss

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2010
Iowa
So I just want to chime in with my experience. Almost exactly one year ago I ordered a GLV-2, and it arrived exactly as I had hoped. jay had let everyone know the chargers and batteries were on backorder, so I ordered an extra charger and some batteries from Texas.
Last week I clumsily dropped my GLV2 on a concrete floor and jumped threads on my atomizer. Fearing the worst, I went to glv's website after work and dialed the number listed. Jay picked up on the second ring, and advised me that he would replace my head cap at a decent price, and that Sara would call me back in fifteen minutes. She called in five. She walked me through being an idiot at paypal, and was very patient and conversational. She said that Jay would be making my unit, and it should ship in 2-3 days. I expected it to arrive tomorrow, and I found it waiting for me today.

PS Jay, now that I have a backup, I felt brave enough to take some pliers to the atty that was stuck on, and it came right off with no damage to either thread. I'll still likely send it in with the upgrade, and some extra cash for a mini to be built onto it, if it's possible to use a 5v head cap on a mini body. Is that doable?

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
Sara was one of the nicest "CS reps" I have ever talked to. Cant believe someone would do that knowing the volume of orders being processed.. There should be a feedback section for vendors/suppliers to post negative feedback of customers for other vendors to see and discuss. LOL. Seriously tho, Sara was super awesome to me and i ask alot of questions when i talk to people. lol

To whomever it was being RUDE:

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
I have dealt with both Jay & Sara and like Scott said above, this makes me angry. They both go out of there way to offer exceptional service and for some ....... to do that is just uncalled for. Sara, you have been so good to me and answered all my questions, even my stupid ones and I really appreciate that. Jay is always quick to talk on the phone and loves what he does, you can tell that about both of them, they love the business they have created and the better quality of life they are providing.

Thanks to Jay, Sara and Noah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread