Don't buy ego-t atomizers from eastmall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

runninlater

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
USA ~ Colorado
Been buying products from Eastmall for over 2 years and I've NEVER claimed anything on warranty.

Just purchased (10) Ego-T atomizers.

I only received (8) then out of the 8 I got 3 were DOA. 1 the draw was so tight it wouldn't vape. 1 quit working within 2 hours of trying to use it. The 3 I have that will fire - produce next to no vapor and no taste.

So let's do the math.

Paid for 10 -2 didn't receive -5 DOA. So $80.00 for 3 atomizers that produce next to no vapor and no taste.

I've gotten "the runaround" emailing back and forth with Selina for 5 days - still no resolution. Now they'll be gone for a week.

The atomizers are cheap, junk "knock-offs"

Save your money and don't buy these from Eastmall.

runninlater

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
USA ~ Colorado
Update:

I was asked to return the 8 atomizers so they could test them. I've mailed them back. Cost - $9.60. (Cheapest airmail was $34.00 so I mailed them first class.)

I've now paid $79.90 for the atomizers and $9.60 to ship them back - total $89.50 and that doesn't include the $15.00 I paid to have them shipped in the first place.

Grand total - $104.50

It will be interesting to see how much of a refund I might get and when.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Update:

I was asked to return the 8 atomizers so they could test them. I've mailed them back. Cost - $9.60. (Cheapest airmail was $34.00 so I mailed them first class.)

I've now paid $79.90 for the atomizers and $9.60 to ship them back - total $89.50 and that doesn't include the $15.00 I paid to have them shipped in the first place.

Grand total - $104.50

David Yang from EM is about the fairest guy you will ever deal with and if what you happen to get was bad he will replace it for you !

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Update:

Grand total - $104.50

You will get a credit but, if past practice is followed, you'll have to use $15 of said credit just to have what you buy with said credit, shipped to you.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
** from MWA ***
David Yang from EM is about the fairest guy you will ever deal with and if what you happen to get was bad he will replace it for you !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thankyou for this truth being shared MWA,
I have to state this boldly -------
David Yang is a truthful and Honest man,
he may not be the best in customer service speed ---
but -- he will not rip off or rob anyone-----
if you are due a return or a refund,
you will get it -----

** as was stated by firhill **

you may be asked to pay for the shipping back to you --
but after getting the refund including the original shipping --
then it is only right to pay for the shipping again -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please believe when I say he is an honest and truthful man -
and the furthest thing from his mind would ever be to rob you or cheat you -

runninlater

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
USA ~ Colorado
Selina has already refused to refund any return shipping. There's never been any offer of a refund on shipping in either direction.
She emailed me yesterday and stated that my refund will be for $79 which is the original amount of the (10) atomizers I purchased.

I've never thought that anyone at Eastmall is dishonest. But customers ought to be aware that when it comes to Ego-T atomizers they might be looking at a better than 70% failure rate. I experienced a 63% failure rate right out of the package!! 4 of 8 atomizers failed to FIRE and 1 popped and quit working in about an hour. The remaining 3 were horrible - I tested all 3 and finally gave up on the whole junk batch.

After experiencing a 100% failure rate I have to chase around and answer stupid question emails for a week, then wait a week while everyone is on vacation, then package the junk product, then take it to the post office and spend $9.60 to return them. Then get an email from Selina that states she will refund (8) atomizers. I remind Selina that I bought (10) and had to pay to return the (8).

Selina has offered a total refund of my original $79 purchase of (10) atomizers. I emailed her today and said "fine - just send me my $79 so I can move past this BAD experience."

Please Di point out for me the "fair" in my current experience with Eastmall.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi --

I am sorry for this unfortunate experience you have had --

I am truly sorry for it .

The only thing I can say about this is -

the warranty and returns on the web site states very clearly about this -----

Eastmall Warranty & Returns

www.EastMall.net Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

Please note the original and return shipping and handling charge will NOT be refunded or reimbursed under all circumstances.

again I am sorry for your bad experience with this -
but her actions are in line with the stated warranty and returns policy .

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
** as was stated by firhill **

you may be asked to pay for the shipping back to you --
but after getting the refund including the original shipping --
then it is only right to pay for the shipping again -----
-

Always better to get a refund over a credit with EM. Here's why...

Buyer orders 20 X bottles of juice @ $5 per. Pays $115 after shipping.
Order is recieved incomplete (with only 15 bottles in package).
EM offers a $25 credit for the 5 missing bottles.
Buyer now has to pay another $15 to ship the order if he wants to use the $25 credit.

gotbeer

Nov 9, 2011
sandiego california
  • Deleted by UntamedRose

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
Dear Sir,

I am sorry for the bad experience with us, I left ECF for about 2 years, and I do feel sorry for the trouble, and from now on, I will stay on forums fairly often. I will have a meeting with all the staff early tomorrow morning to make sure the quality of the service and products is as good as what customers want. I checked if we already refunded you in full, which we did, but we still want to send you some shopping points if you still want to give us a try, and if not, we still wish you the best and that we could still be friends if you do not mind. Thanks for your feedback, and I am sorry for my delayed awareness of this! :p

Kind regards
David Yang

Been buying products from Eastmall for over 2 years and I've NEVER claimed anything on warranty.

Just purchased (10) Ego-T atomizers.

I only received (8) then out of the 8 I got 3 were DOA. 1 the draw was so tight it wouldn't vape. 1 quit working within 2 hours of trying to use it. The 3 I have that will fire - produce next to no vapor and no taste.

So let's do the math.

Paid for 10 -2 didn't receive -5 DOA. So $80.00 for 3 atomizers that produce next to no vapor and no taste.

I've gotten "the runaround" emailing back and forth with Selina for 5 days - still no resolution. Now they'll be gone for a week.

The atomizers are cheap, junk "knock-offs"

Save your money and don't buy these from Eastmall.

Last edited:

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Sometimes it's best to pay a few bucks on the front end to keep your money in the US to avoid major headaches on the back-end from a overseas seller & by no means am I knocking eastmall.

Hello, and thanks for the feedback! Eastmall is now working very tightly with representatives in the USA to ensure improvements in quality and customer experience. We now have full time web developers in the USA, a USA return center for returning warranty claims cheaply and easily, and representatives in the USA to help test all new product lines for quality (I will persoanlly be testing the eGo-T atomizers soon and providing feedback to David as well as the manufacturers). We want to make this the best experience possible for all of our customers, so we are taking many measures in making sure everyone is happy.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Chris

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I absolutely concur with this gentleman that you should not order atomizers (or anything else) from Eastmall. I ordered 20 atomizers from them and all 20 were junk. Some of them were so poorly made that they didn't even fit the cartridges properly. I also received a Riva battery with a defective button. I didn't even bother returning them as I didn't feel like screwing around shipping them only to receive another batch of crappy atomizers. I simply don't order from them anymore and took my business elsewhere.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
I absolutely concur with this gentleman that you should not order atomizers (or anything else) from Eastmall. I ordered 20 atomizers from them and all 20 were junk. Some of them were so poorly made that they didn't even fit the cartridges properly. I also received a Riva battery with a defective button. I didn't even bother returning them as I didn't feel like screwing around shipping them only to receive another batch of crappy atomizers. I simply don't order from them anymore and took my business elsewhere.

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience :(

I want to do whatever I can for you to make this right, so please send me a PM on here and I will do whatever I can. If you still have the defective products, you can ship them back to our USA center (this would help us to see and identify any issues), and we will refund your shipping cost in full. If you don't have them anymore, that's ok too, we will still offer you replacements, some free products, or even a full refund for your order.

Sometimes issues can happen, and we're always trying to improve the quality and quality control of our products.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about the problems, please send me a PM on here and we'll work something out for you ASAP. Tell us what we can do to win back your patronage and make you happy :)

I guess the bottom line is that the "Eastmall Ego-T" atties are actually a very different design to the authentic Ego-T. And, unfortunately the design is defective, as is the quality control, or the lack thereof.

I too, ordered a number of Ego-T atties from Eastmall, and like you, a number of them were DOA, the rest performed so badly that I essentially had no choice other than to bin them and approach Eastmall for answers. I actually received a phone call from David Yang, possibly because I have purchased from them for years. David assured me that the problems were just with that batch, and that they would send replacements.

So a week or so later, the replacements arrived and it was exactly the same deal as the first lot. Several DOA's and the rest - useless. Simply, the design of these Eastmall Ego-T copies is very different in the way it wicks (or not) into the atty from the tank. The ones I received worked (weakly) for the first tank with subsequent tanks not wicking at all - flawed design = chuck it in the bin. My last forum post regarding this has remained unanswered by EM.

I have been an Eastmall fan for a very long time, but their insistence on continuing to supply faulty product to unsuspecting customers, and supplying replacements which are no better than the ones they're replacing, has left a bad impression with me.

I found a local NZ-based supplier of genuine Ego-T product - the authentic Ego-T is the first device to see me completely off the analogues after close to 4 years of vaping - THAT is what I was expecting, but of course it didn't happen with the EM product, which is a huge shame - and they CONTINUE to sell the product to this day ...

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
I guess the bottom line is that the "Eastmall Ego-T" atties are actually a very different design to the authentic Ego-T. And, unfortunately the design is defective, as is the quality control, or the lack thereof.

I too, ordered a number of Ego-T atties from Eastmall, and like you, a number of them were DOA, the rest performed so badly that I essentially had no choice other than to bin them and approach Eastmall for answers. I actually received a phone call from David Yang, possibly because I have purchased from them for years. David assured me that the problems were just with that batch, and that they would send replacements.

So a week or so later, the replacements arrived and it was exactly the same deal as the first lot. Several DOA's and the rest - useless. Simply, the design of these Eastmall Ego-T copies is very different in the way it wicks (or not) into the atty from the tank. The ones I received worked (weakly) for the first tank with subsequent tanks not wicking at all - flawed design = chuck it in the bin. My last forum post regarding this has remained unanswered by EM.

I have been an Eastmall fan for a very long time, but their insistence on continuing to supply faulty product to unsuspecting customers, and supplying replacements which are no better than the ones they're replacing, has left a bad impression with me.

I found a local NZ-based supplier of genuine Ego-T product - the authentic Ego-T is the first device to see me completely off the analogues after close to 4 years of vaping - THAT is what I was expecting, but of course it didn't happen with the EM product, which is a huge shame - and they CONTINUE to sell the product to this day ...

They aren't supposed to be "copies" of the eGo-T. They actually come directly from the official manufacturer of the eGo. David has noted this issue and has been in talks with the factory to find out what's going on. It seems they are the ones ripping EM off by sending them atties that didn't pass QC, or were manufactured with cheaper parts (we're not sure yet). David has told them that if they don't start sending the same eGo atties he's been paying for (the "real" ones), then he will drop the eGo line altogether. Supposedly they have started sending much better ones within the past couple of weeks since he talked with them. We'll see. If we continue to see issue with them, we'll be dropping the eGo-T and stick with the Riva-T.

Thanks for your reply :)

I can only go by the evidence in front of me. When I got my first order of these atties, as previously mentioned, they were terrible. I was directed to a youtube clip showing a modification to the wick which would supposedly make them wick better. When I opened up one of these atties, the design inside was completely different to that shown in the video, and it was actually not possible to make the required modifications. This was confirmed by at least one other purchaser of Eastmall's EgoT atties. It was the same with the second replacement shipment which David arranged. Different design.

It doesn't bother me where you source your product, but if the EgoT that EM supply is different in basic design to that provided by the original manufacturer, the question needs to be asked.

I'm cool. I've sourced authentic EgoT atties locally here in NZ, and due to the authentic design (which works as advertised) I've been analogue-free now for some 6-7 weeks.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
I've been analogue-free now for some 6-7 weeks.

Glad to hear it! That's all I really want for anyone, no matter what vendor they choose. We're all fighting the same fight against tobacco addiction, and to me, it's more about that than who you buy from or anything else. Of course, I do love nothing more than to be a part of helping people, but it's hard to please everyone. Regardless, congratulations, good luck and stay "clean"! :D

Glad to hear it! That's all I really want for anyone, no matter what vendor they choose. We're all fighting the same fight against tobacco addiction, and to me, it's more about that than who you buy from or anything else. Of course, I do love nothing more than to be a part of helping people, but it's hard to please everyone. Regardless, congratulations, good luck and stay "clean"! :D

Cheers mate :) It is definitely a great feeling, that's for sure! As you can see from my ECF member info on the left there, I've been vaping for a long time - since December 2007 actually. For that entire time, I've bought countless PVs, different systems, mods, you name it, in the hunt for the 'grail', the final product which would completely make analogues obsolete for me personally. I tried everything, including diseased lungs, surgery etc. even none of that was enough to make me stop. I've been an EM customer for 2-3 years also. I've had Rivas, Indulgences, the works, and bought I don't even know how much liquid from Eastmall. When I saw on the site that they had EgoT product available, I thought "great, this is exactly the next best step for me toward switching 100% to vaping" - not having to continually drip to get the best vape. So that's why I was very disappointed in the product that I received - it just didn't live up to the performance that it should have provided - or that I KNEW it should have provided based on the descriptions of how the product *works* ...

The biggest issue here for EM is, that I was forced to look elsewhere. As you correctly state, it's more about tackling the addiction that we all have ... so, as a smoker, I was forced, very reluctantly, to look elsewhere - I was given a reason to move away from the EM website and look elsewhere for the authentic product. If EM's quality control was there, and if they knew the product that they were supplying (inside and out), I wouldn't have been given a reason to look elsewhere. Unfortunately (and I mean that sincerely) I am no longer an Eastmall customer because of this.

So, if there is a lesson to be learned, it is *don't give your customers any reason to look elsewhere* otherwise you WILL lose them. It doesn't matter what you do, there's always someone elsewhere doing it better.

Over my 2-3 years as an EM customer, I must add, I was VERY happy with the product AND the customer service. It's just unfortunate that one faulty product like this has forced my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread