Don't drip, dip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
I've had my Pilot for about 2 weeks now, and love it. I'm now using cartridges only when I'm out & about, and have been dripping on the atomizer when at home. Dripping works pretty well, but can get messy if I'm not careful, and it's near impossible if I don't have good light like when I'm watching a movie.

Last night it dawned on me that the only reason people started dripping was because the older models have a recessed atomizer. With the 401, the atomizer bridge sticks out, which makes it really easy to dip it in eliquid. I put maybe 10 drops in a shot glass, and just dip the atomizer into it. It gets the perfect amount of juice on it every time, and there's absolutely no mess.

I think a perfect solution for dipping while on the go may be a contact lens case. You can get them for maybe a dollar at about any convenience store, they should hold about the right amount of liquid for dipping, and they are designed to hold liquid without leaking.

I did a little searching, and they have contact lens travel cases that hold the lens case, tweezers, 2 small vials, and the other side has a compartment to hold glasses (which I would modify to hold batteries, atomizers, and cartridges). I think it would be the perfect carrying case for the Pilot. I can't post links yet, but search for "Contact Lens and Glasses Case" on ebay to see what I'm talking about.

smog

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
England
Thats exactly what I have been doing NINJA with my evo .Much cleaner
than dripping on to the mesh bridge like you say .I have been using
a cartridge off an e-cigar which will hold about .5 ml of juice that i carry around wiht me. Just pressing the mesh of the evo into the fiber of the ecigar cart for 5 or so seconds while it wicks up a full load of lquid.:p

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wow... the ingenuity of people on this forum so far has not ceased to amaze me, thanks for sharing your thoughts, ninjapuff!

I happened to have gotten a fresh contact case in a box of Optifree contact lens solution, and immediately appropriated it for this nefarious purpose. I found that around 15 drops or so in each side provides enough liquid to cover the wick of my pilot atomizer completely (to just below the point that the wick enters the shiny atomizer casing) by pressing the tip to the bottom of the lens case. 15 drops in the other side, and I can dip twice as long with the same case.

This is JUST what I needed to give me the right amount of vapor, it's filling my throat and reminds me of what real cigarette smoke used to do, at least as far as I can recall from these 8 or 9 moons ago.

I think I'm tearing up a little... *sniff*...

:)

Just in case it ends up being bad for the atomizer in some way, I'm heretofore designating a single atomizer to this task until I see what happens. But I can't see this as being any worse than my clumsy drippings running down the side of the things...

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
Good Thinking TesterJester, I have also dipped instead of dripping but never thought of a contact lense case, good catch!

Well, props go back to ninjapuff for the lens case idea, and after an evening and morning using it I can confirm that it's a good one. Dipping keeps it producing vapor for what seems like forever, and I think I can even manage grabbing a fresh dip while I'm driving (not really recommended, but better than trying to manage the ecig, bottle, lid, and cartridge!). The lens case is now a part of my mobile stash.

But I had to make sure to label it with its new use with a permanent marker, I would NOT want to mix that one up with the one I put my contacts in... :)

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
Well, props go back to ninjapuff for the lens case idea, and after an evening and morning using it I can confirm that it's a good one. Dipping keeps it producing vapor for what seems like forever, and I think I can even manage grabbing a fresh dip while I'm driving (not really recommended, but better than trying to manage the ecig, bottle, lid, and cartridge!). The lens case is now a part of my mobile stash.

But I had to make sure to label it with its new use with a permanent marker, I would NOT want to mix that one up with the one I put my contacts in... :)
You don't like eye hits?:)

I've had my Pilot for about 2 weeks now, and love it. I'm now using cartridges only when I'm out & about, and have been dripping on the atomizer when at home. Dripping works pretty well, but can get messy if I'm not careful, and it's near impossible if I don't have good light like when I'm watching a movie.

Last night it dawned on me that the only reason people started dripping was because the older models have a recessed atomizer. With the 401, the atomizer bridge sticks out, which makes it really easy to dip it in eliquid. I put maybe 10 drops in a shot glass, and just dip the atomizer into it. It gets the perfect amount of juice on it every time, and there's absolutely no mess.

I think a perfect solution for dipping while on the go may be a contact lens case. You can get them for maybe a dollar at about any convenience store, they should hold about the right amount of liquid for dipping, and they are designed to hold liquid without leaking.

I did a little searching, and they have contact lens travel cases that hold the lens case, tweezers, 2 small vials, and the other side has a compartment to hold glasses (which I would modify to hold batteries, atomizers, and cartridges). I think it would be the perfect carrying case for the Pilot. I can't post links yet, but search for "Contact Lens and Glasses Case" on ebay to see what I'm talking about.

Why don't you just use a 10 ml dropper bottle. It doesn't leak and it's made for dripping. I never had problems with it and it's small enough to fit anywhere. Chek the e cigarettepedia --there's a whole article with images that deals with that problem.

Lakota

Mar 13, 2009
Why don't you just use a 10 ml dropper bottle. It doesn't leak and it's made for dripping.,,,
I have a dropper bottle and now have the contact lens case. Having tried both, I like the contact lens case better. Rather than having a drop land inside the atomizer with eye dropper, with the lens case, you simply submerse the metal wick of the atomizer and allow it to do what it was designed to do ... wick the proper amount of liquid into atomizer.

Better solution in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread