Don't get the hype of dual coil cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
I used my first dual coil cartomizer today. All i have heard since i got back into vaping is dual coil this and dual coil that...but it puts out just as much vapor, throat hit, and flavor as my boge at 4.8 volts. I mean...its a good cartomizer. Taste is clean and vapor and throat hit are massive...but same with my boge. Also it was a pain in the ... to fill. Carto condom method wouldn't work to fill it and i refuse to use a syringe with anything.

Am i happy with the way this carto performs. Yes

Is it the bees knees omg need to buy best vaping thing ever?...no...its just another cartomizer.

Its a madvapes 2 ohm clear dual coil btw...i do like that iits clear :)...only thing that makes it any different from my boge.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
I have only tried dual coil on a 1000 man ego style bat and I agree. Not worth the hype or worth paying more. Maybe they work better on other stuff. By the way check out the plunger kit from myfreedomsmoke. The thing is pretty sweet. Spendy, simple but works like a champ. Its condom method filling made so a monkey could do it with ease.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
The only reason I got dual coil, was cause of the smoktech DCT tanks...I like the tank because I don't have to re-fill carto every 20 min, but if I got a high quality tank for my boge cartos, I'd be just as happy. I will admit the vaper is great on the dual coils and it delivers solid performance, but I'm burning through juice at an alarming rate....

Still DC's are good in my books...

Also wondering about the syringe thing...I know it looks weird if anyone goes in your bag and finds a bunch of mysterious looking liquid and a needle...I find it's soooo much easier.

I used the condom method, and I'll admit it looks less sketchy, but it's messy and inefficient...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've used Boge 2.0 cartos for a long time and also use the Madvapes SS dual coil. I use the Boge condom to fill the DC cartos. It's a slightly looser fit, but it forces the juice through the air tube and up into the filler just like it does with the Boges. I find the dual coil to be slightly better in flavor and vapor than the Boge, probably because of more coil contact area.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
The only reason I got dual coil, was cause of the smoktech DCT tanks...I like the tank because I don't have to re-fill carto every 20 min, but if I got a high quality tank for my boge cartos, I'd be just as happy. I will admit the vaper is great on the dual coils and it delivers solid performance, but I'm burning through juice at an alarming rate....

Smoktech "Resurrectors" (1.7 ohm XL cartos) fit in those tanks perfectly. I have one in one of my tanks, and I find the flavor noticeably better in that one; when my other tank cartos die, I'm punching 1.7's and putting them in there.

Alternately, J-Tanks or Mini-Sub Tanks fit Boges. I'm looking to pick some of those up at some point.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
I have been a atty dripper almost since I started vaping. Got one of these smoktech DCTanks and have been blown away with the vaper, hit, and taste I'm getting out of these(using the 1.5ohm rated). The convenience of these tanks makes up for the little difference in taste versus dripping atties. And yes they are juice hogs.

I'm probably going to try the single coil 1.7ohm pre-punched resurrectors from CCV. I've heard a lot of good things about them and you can get 15 for $25.50 with free shipping from CCV. I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried both the dc smoktech 1.5ohm carto's and the 1.7ohm resurrectors and what they think about the 2 when compared.

cheers,

metalhd

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
A, A
Smoktech "Resurrectors" (1.7 ohm XL cartos) fit in those tanks perfectly. I have one in one of my tanks, and I find the flavor noticeably better in that one; when my other tank cartos die, I'm punching 1.7's and putting them in there.

Alternately, J-Tanks or Mini-Sub Tanks fit Boges. I'm looking to pick some of those up at some point.
I use a dc w tank and I liked it at first. However, now it gurgles and I get juice in my mouth. What's up with that:confused:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I think the SmokTech 1.5 Dual Coil and the SmokTech 1.7 Single Coil (also called Resurrectors and other names) are pretty similar to vape. The 1.7 singles have a bit airier draw, and harder to fill. The fill seems to have a gap between it and the wall of the carto.

Where the huge difference comes in is with the 1.25 Dual Coil. It is a warmer vape. It is good with 3.7 volts, and awesome at 4.2 volts.

The 1.5 Dual Coil is very good at 5 volts, not so good at 3.7 volts. Kind of boring.

I like the 1.7 Single Coil at 4 volts.

The 1.7 Single Coil are a lot cheaper than the Dual Coil, but they all seem to go through about the same amount of juice.

Last edited:

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
They seem to be for those who like to tinker with variable volt mods and tank feeders. I have yet to find a dual coil that performs better (or even as well) than single coils on standard batteries.
But the shift from vertical coils to horizontal coils was amazing, so let's all keep hoping that cartomizer revisions keep getting better. Maybe someday we'll have consistently excellent and readily available standard cartomizers at every Kwik-E-Mart.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
I use a dc w tank and I liked it at first. However, now it gurgles and I get juice in my mouth. What's up with that:confused:

Did you switch juices in the tank recently? The one hassle with these things is your carto hole size has too match the juice thickness.

Hole too small / Juice too thick: Juice doesn't enter the carto fast enough and gives dry hits if you vape it a lot.

Hole too big / Juice too thin: Gurgling from a flooded carto.

You might try putting a little VG in your juice and try it that way, see if it reduces the gurgling. If it's not that, your carto may just be wearing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread