Don't know if I should laugh or cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Why is the NHS listening to the siren voices of the vape manufacturers? | Victoria Coren Mitchell

Public Health England has come down firmly on the side of vaping as a smoking cessation aid.
My local hospital which banned smoking from their site years ago now has an out door vaping zone.

Yet we still get articles in our national press like the link above.

I do have reservations about having Big tobacco profiting from our state run health service.

For those outside UK we have a healthcare system paid for from taxation. One of the services it provides is a Stop Smoking Clinic that will prescribe NRT nicotine replacement therapy such as patches and gum along with drug therapy.
The next logical step is to prescribe vape products.

Not sure how government can keep a straight face allowing the fox to have the keys to the hen house.
I guess it has never troubled them before .

Like I said should I laugh or cry .

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Looks to me like someone used the op ed section of an iffy newspaper to write an infomercial for a self help book. What’s perplexing is how it got printed in the first place. It’s very clearly an advertisement.
The guy has sold over 10 million copies of his book.
He's dead now.
Lung cancer.
God works in mysterious ways .

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
One of those religious militant ex-smokers, nothing to see here, move along...

"I quit that way so everybody else can as well" - what a load of rubbish. I know of people who stopped cold turkey and never smoked again (like my mother) without even reading that book. Does it work for everyone?
I think all of us know the answer all too well...

Nobody I know that read that book was a non-smoker for long. It was a big craze "you have to read it it's so good" but in the end it's just some psycological clichées trying to guilt trip you into stopping. Most smoker probably had their fair share of that already even without reading that crap.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Allan Carr's smoking cessation books/programs have helped many smokers (especially in the UK quit smoking).

Unfortunately, Allan Carr vehemently opposed the use of any nicotine to quit smoking (very similar to the tobacco controllers vehement opposition to smokers using smokeless tobacco products, vapor products, heat-not-burn products and nicotine products that aren't marketed by their sugar daddies at Big Pharma).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Allen Carr is just one of those people I won't argue with. Not worth it. Some folks get rather fanatical about their methods, and he is one of them. I read his book, and being trained in therapy, found it a bit rudimentary, but he sure has a way with words. I think it's great he helped folks quit smoking, but collecting all my butts and smelling them is not something that would actually turn me off. I've smelled plenty an ashtray in my time, etc.

Anna

marianna

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
Netherlands
...One of the services it provides is a Stop Smoking Clinic that will prescribe NRT nicotine replacement therapy such as patches and gum along with drug therapy.
The next logical step is to prescribe vape products.

Guess what... a regulated mod with a few RTA's and at least 3 bottles of juice or one not-satisfying cig-a-like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread