Don't need a self powered usb hub with this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I've been using the one that came with my iPhone, works great. Thanks for the link, I ordered a couple more.

I've been reading the comments on dealextreme. My pleasure, these seem to be recalled authentic first generation iphone 3g adapters that usually go for about 30 bucks. Recalled not for fault but because of slight inconvenience:evil:

donei

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I've been reading the comments on dealextreme. My pleasure, these seem to be recalled authentic first generation iphone 3g adapters that usually go for about 30 bucks. Recalled not for fault but because of slight inconvenience:evil:
Yeah.. I got a replacement in that recall but never sent the original back. :D

I never gave them any credit card info when I completed the online form for the recall so I wasn't worried they would charge me for it. :lol:

Thanks again!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Seems like the perfect solution if you don't want to pay for a pricey 40 dollar self powered usb :D
Whatya guys think? Did I just save a ton of people cash? :)
Thanks for the heads up Kgone!
I love a good deal! Just got through placing an order for 5. Very timely, since I'm just about to place an order for a few USB passthroughs AND was considering a self powered since I really didn't like the idea of hooking one up to the laptop (but hate this constant battery recharging - I vape too much!), so this is brilliant.

BTW, if you buy bulk (3+) there is a price break!

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Thanks for the heads up Kgone!
I love a good deal! Just got through placing an order for 5. Very timely, since I'm just about to place an order for a few USB passthroughs AND was considering a self powered since I really didn't like the idea of hooking one up to the laptop (but hate this constant battery recharging - I vape too much!), so this is brilliant.

BTW, if you buy bulk (3+) there is a price break!

You all are very much welcome. So glad I posted this

Icarium

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Ontario, Canada
thanks for the link kgonepostl
i think i'll order a couple so i can cgarge my mp3 player too

Yep, its the iphone adapter. I have the same one.

However, my wife is getting upset because she is tripping over the 50 ft extension cord I have in the living room. :evil:
lol
reminded me of a few years ago, i had 50 feet of cable running up the stairs to a notebook a floor up
it was for my wife

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
I agree that those are a great deal.

I thought I'd mention, though, that self-powered USB hubs aren't all that expensive. I'd gotten one for my computer for about $10. I didn't even realize it was self-powered until it arrived. It doesn't even require a computer to run for my e-cig, which comes in handy. I got it from NewEgg, the current model is the I-rocks IR-4610.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I agree that those are a great deal.

I thought I'd mention, though, that self-powered USB hubs aren't all that expensive. I'd gotten one for my computer for about $10. I didn't even realize it was self-powered until it arrived. It doesn't even require a computer to run for my e-cig, which comes in handy. I got it from NewEgg, the current model is the I-rocks IR-4610.

Thank you so much!!!!! Wow! We are just slickdealin today!!!!!1oneone1!!!:evil:
However, I went to buy it and it doesn't specify if it outputs at least 1A
I contacted the people, hopefully they'll give me more info so I don't buy something that won't kick out enough vape

If your an avid computer user like myself you need those extra usb ports even if you have 6 stock........How's the vape? Comparable to a battery down to a key?

Last edited:

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
I'm really sorry kgonepostl. I didn't notice your response the first time. The vape is really excellent. Its so much better than my 901's batteries!

I've tried this hub at the same time a couple other ports being used - charger, keyboard/mouse, USB keys - and haven't noticed a drop in vapor. I think we even had 2 e-cigs on it in the car without a problem, though I don't recall how often they were both being used simultaneously.

It's setup across the house from my actual computer, and it doesn't work at all for the e-cig if its not plugged into the wall. It still works for the other devices with just a computer connection, though so you know the e-cig pulls a lot more power.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I'm really sorry kgonepostl. I didn't notice your response the first time. The vape is really excellent. Its so much better than my 901's batteries!

I've tried this hub at the same time a couple other ports being used - charger, keyboard/mouse, USB keys - and haven't noticed a drop in vapor. I think we even had 2 e-cigs on it in the car without a problem, though I don't recall how often they were both being used simultaneously.

It's setup across the house from my actual computer, and it doesn't work at all for the e-cig if its not plugged into the wall. It still works for the other devices with just a computer connection, though so you know the e-cig pulls a lot more power.

More than a battery eh?
Are your battery's faulty or is this thing just pure wickedness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread