Don't store "stinky" juice with other juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
I had a bottle of Mrs T's Bacon French Toast. I wasn't a fan so it went in my box of juice to give away or try again later. Now everything in that box tastes like it! The smell even permeated some empty bottles, which I didn't notice and filled one with my Halo menthol Ice. It's been a day and a half and the bottle still smells and the juice has a slight flavor of Bacon. =(

I'm thinking of investing in some more glass bottles in various sizes to avoid this!

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA
Also be careful of menthol crystals! I had some from my DIY kit sealed in two plastic bags, one inside the other, but the menthol smell filled my tackle box... It also totally permeated the blue foam that I'd kept next to it. I'd been using cartomizers for a while, then I got a VGO and wanted to try the carts that came with it. Ugh, filler taste - so I immediately ripped it out the filler and put in a blue foam plug to try the new PV with my favorite juice. But all I could taste was menthol! When I took the blue foam into another room the odor came with it - that's where the problem was.

I tried rinsing the foam and even washed it with Ivory soap... finally had to soak it in Everclear for a couple of days and wash it with soap a couple more times, then aired it out for a day or so. But I did finally get rid of the menthol smell and taste. Those crystals are stored far away from my juice now...

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I had some that were strong berry flavored. Had the bottles sealed sitting on top of my desk. I could smell them coming through the sealed bottles! That taught me to keep like smelling juices together and strong / unique smelling juices in a separate storage area.

How much juice did you have in the box? I realize the damage was total, but how much juice is contaminated?

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
I had some that were strong berry flavored. Had the bottles sealed sitting on top of my desk. I could smell them coming through the sealed bottles! That taught me to keep like smelling juices together and strong / unique smelling juices in a separate storage area.

How much juice did you have in the box? I realize the damage was total, but how much juice is contaminated?

lets see...
60 ml strawberry cheesecake doubler
60 ml peach melba
30 ml vanilla
3 x 10 ml empty plastic bottles that now stink and can't be used
5 baggies blue foam, also stink and got tossed

all this from a tiny 6 ml bottle of juice! some of them were not really affected: apple pie and the samples of other flavors that were in thicker plastic bottles

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
Yep...

Even tho this is off topic, sorta, there are various plastics that actually absorb whatever's in them, especially oils. That's why we, as dog/cat people, who buy our dog food in bulk, keep it in the bags and the bags are placed in plastic containers to scoop. Large bags of dog food are opened, and the bags are placed into a trash can...the kibble itself is never poured into the trash can.

If you pour the contents directly into the plastic container, the oils can leach into those container's pores, and get rancid and harbor bacteria. So when it's gone, and you pour a new bag of food in, it's contaminated with the bacteria.

To get to the point, for something you're putting into your (or your animals) body, you need FOOD GRADE containers. Some are plastic, some are glass...and others are even certain types of metal.

They don't leach flavors or scents, nor do they harbor bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread