Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
There's a lot of speculation with the extent of FDA deeming regulations on vaping coming down the pipe. (pun not intended lol). I thought it might be handy to gather tips, hints and ideas in one place specific to this issue. So, what are you doing to prepare for the possibility of a vaping Doomsday?

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I am thinking about picking up nicotine too - I'm too scared to mess with the 100 mg, so thought about getting a lesser concentrate I can "cut in half" like a 36% solution. My gut feeling is they'll maybe do an Australia and allow supplies and 0% nic flavorings. That really bothers me as I'm a NET person myself. How about mechanical mods. What's the best easy mod there is and atty? What's the easiest wick and coil replacement?

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I've read of some people working on reducing their nic level to either need less nic if obtaining it were to become a problem or make it easier to quit altogether if they needed to.

Other's are learning how to DIY. If getting ones favorite vendor nic juice was a problem they could mix their own and if nothing changes they can still save a ton of money even if they only DIY a portion of their juice.

Some are purchasing RA's. If obtaining attys or cartos or clearos were to become a problem they would have a juice delivery system to last a long time and if nothing changes they can save themselves some money since rebuilding RA's is so inexpensive.

Some are adding at least one all mechanical APV to their collection. A well built all mechanical APV could continue to work for a very long time without needing any repairs. Lets face it, electronic APV's arent going to last forever unfortunately.

Some are stocking up on extra attys or cartos or clearo in case getting those were to become a problem.

No new regulations are going to happen overnight so there will be warning IF major changes are going to happen. We've seen a lot of new vaping toys this past year and that will likely continue as long as it can. People do need to be careful that whatever they stock up on is going to be stuff they will use and wont become money wasted because they move onto something entirely different then they use at this moment.

I could be content with what I like now no matter what advances take place in the vaping world. My hubby is hoping to retire soon and its looking like I may loose my job at the end of June so for me its not just about what regulations the FDA puts in place. I simply may not have money to spend on vaping supplies in a few months. I already have a healthy stash of vaping toys that will last me years but I have taken an inventory and thought about what additions would benefit me in the years to come if I couldnt easily make new purchases either because of FDA regulations or lack of funds. Between now and the end of June I hope to add one more all mechanical APV, one more RA, and replace some of my nic that's over a year old now. :)

Last edited:

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
I agree.. mechanical mods wouldnt hurt if we are aiming for longevity. I just ordered one. I figure this would be good time to get familiar with rba's as well. I would stock up if I knew my job may come to end while the income is coming in to least help you get by for longer. Also, maybe you can sell e juice to people you know locally to offset the price for equipment and supplies if you do not have any income coming in so you can support vaping without to much out of the budget. Who knows with where we are headed with new laws coming, we may need more then just money to keep vaping.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
mechanical mod, batteries, charger and safety fuse are incoming.

Vivi novas with their not-too-difficult to rebuild atomizer heads are incoming.

Phoenix RBA sitting right here, might pick up a couple more.

Plans have been laid to purchase & store nicotine base. bottles picked out and prices from specialtybottles.com. PG and VG priced. Flavors shopped for.

Will probably use my mechanical mod at home and my small collection of egostyle batteries for when i'm at school and out & about, but might look for another mechanical smaller than the telescope i ordered for future public discretion for when these batteries inevitably reach the end of their lives.

The FDA will not thwart me.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
While I do not think that vaping stuff will be completely banned per se, I have a pretty decent stockpile. I have 6 liters of 50mg nic liquid for DIY. ~500 or so cartos. Plenty of mods. Few vivi's and wire/wicks. 2 Bulli rebuildables. Flavorings and sweetener is easy to get anytime. So are my 18650 and 16340 batts. Overall, I should be good to go for appx 5 years based on the stash I have now. That is plenty of time to titrate my nic levels down to zero and be able to quit vaping if I need to.

After 2 1/2 years of not smoking, there is no way I am going back to smoking. I have zero desire to. I enjoy vaping, but I do it for pleasure. I can quit if I absolutely have to.

MMarie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Minneapolis
I had planned to try DIY anyway so that I could gradually reduce my nic to zero, so I have nic in the freezer. Will get a little more to finish off that quest, just in case. PG & VG will be available, so once I'm down to 0, that shouldn't be a problem (nor will flavors). I have a stockpile of cartos and other gear already and I have over a dozen devices, so I think I'm good there.

About the only plan that's changed is that I've found myself over on the RBA forum and picked up a few "entry level" pieces. Who knew that I'd find a new use for my cooking torch? Up until now, the only thing I used it for was to make crème brulée! :laugh:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I'll probably buy snus. Waiting for it in mail. I can go back to chewing Nicorette gum. Both will be over my new budget though which is less than half what I was getting. Maybe my DR can prescribe some stuff since I have asthma it might be covered ny some kind of discount plan. Or quit it for the umpteenth time which has proven to be detrimental to my stability! On a good note. I will be totally floored if they actually make changes that will be drastic

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hording Nicotine I buy 100mg VG mostly and PG to a lesser degree. Also Reading up on making it myself and buying tobacco seed and growing it. Also a test kit to check the level of the nic. Rebuildables. Every Atty I have now is rebuildable to some extent. Electronics will not be a problem and Wicks and wire will not be plain VG and PG will not be a problem. I'm basically setting up to be a Nicotine Moonshiner. Not for sale but for my use.

FYI my Granddad use to worked for the Virginia ABC and use to bust moonshiners until he got to old then he worked in the ABC store in my home town which at that time was the only place to buy liqueur.

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
For my take on the Gov control freaks. The more oppressive they become the more anarchists and outlaws they create. Case in point Prohibition. I would hate to think of all the people who had to give up tobacco and vaping lose on the street. LOL Not a pretty picture. LOL We have road rage now. After that there would be anywhere rage. LOL

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
My budget is a bit tight so I really don't know. I already have a Provari and Silver Bullet. RBAs, phoenix V1 and V2, A7, igo - L, did clone. I hope it will last me. I'm going to try to budget for more nic base. I have 500ml of 12mg on the way ordered that's unrelated to all this. I'll try to order some 500s of 100mg if I can. I'm really depressed about this whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread