dot1ml - online eliquid calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick,

This is fantastic! I use Linux and have been looking for something web based but till now have not been happy with any of them. You changed that!

My only suggestion would be to add a column for drops. I tend to use ml for the nic liquid and the PG and VG but drops with my flavors. Having something along side showing the drops would be great as I'm lazy and don't want to divide by 20. Please understand, that's a suggestion and not in any way a complaint. What you've done is amazing and it's now my go to calculator.

Just wondering, did you build this off of a CMS?

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Nick,

This is fantastic! I use Linux and have been looking for something web based but till now have not been happy with any of them. You changed that!

My only suggestion would be to add a column for drops. I tend to use ml for the nic liquid and the PG and VG but drops with my flavors. Having something along side showing the drops would be great as I'm lazy and don't want to divide by 20. Please understand, that's a suggestion and not in any way a complaint. What you've done is amazing and it's now my go to calculator.

Just wondering, did you build this off of a CMS?

Glad it works on at least one Linux browser - it's not a use case I've been able to test myself. :)

If you create an account you can set the units to drops, which replaces the last column in the mixer with drops instead of ml. You can set your own drops-per-ml in the account settings page too.

Dot1ml is a complete custom job - doesn't have a CMS per se but it does have its own little application framework that does all the fiddly processing in the background.

Edit: just read your post properly - I've noted your interest for a dual display of drops and ml option!

Last edited:

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Very nice calculator, well done,

one minor thing though, sorry if already mentioned,
you can only use 1% increment to increase or decrease the flavor % using the plus and minus icons,
you can't set/type the ingredient to 0.5% for example,

Thanks

Thanks Fadifafitto. Yes, this has been mentioned before but don't worry - the more a feature gets requested the higher it goes on the to do list!

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Nice looking app :) I hadn't seen yours before - I'm the dev of a competing calculator/database ;)
I see you have implemented a few things still on my todo list. Great work :) Which framework did you use?

Hi daath, first time I've seen yours too - had no idea there would be enough demand for this nearly 3 years ago. Looks nice!

Looks like you also have a few things implemented that are on my to do list! :)

The framework for dot1ml is all custom-built :)

bingo6104

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
NC
Is there a way to create a recipe that does not use nicotine liquid but only PG and VG (plus flavors)? My wife like her juices to be nicotine free but I'm not sure how to set that up with your calculator.

What you've done is amazing. You are to be commended! I'm a web developer and wish I had your skill.

Just set it to zero nic

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

bingo6104

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
NC
Oh for god's sake, that worked. I would have sworn that I tried that and got strange results. Obviously I did something else. Please excuse me while I bang my head on the table...

Lol it happens, even better when I forget and go make a 0mg batch for some one and forget its set on my nic settings and wonder why its so low. You can set your default nic settings and click it on a recipe you find and it will zero out, manually set it.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Oh for god's sake, that worked. I would have sworn that I tried that and got strange results. Obviously I did something else. Please excuse me while I bang my head on the table...

Hmm - I think I know of the strange results: there's a bug in the mixer at the moment which sets some of the values to weird things if you set your nic base to 0mg/ml. Needs a bit of attention! :)

Bingo is right - best thing to do is to set up your liquid defaults to 0 nic, it should then just be a case of pressing a button to set everything up as you like it.

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Hi there
Indeed, this interface is very pleasant to play with, although the full percentage move bugs me a bit. It's not the use of full percentage in itself, but when you ad a single drop to the mix, there's very little chance that it will be a full %.
i guess a simple text field where you can write your desired value would be great, while keeping the "+/-" buttons for fast moves.

Since your answer is "it's obvious that people do, so it is on my ever growing to-do list", I'm eager to see that implemented so I can use this great tool fulltime.

Can't wait actually, I want to use it now! :laugh:

Very nice calculator, well done,

one minor thing though, sorry if already mentioned,
you can only use 1% increment to increase or decrease the flavor % using the plus and minus icons,
you can't set/type the ingredient to 0.5% for example,

Thanks

This may not be the final evolution but the +/- buttons for the ingredient percentages in the mixer will now use 0.5% increments for values below 5%.

Fixed a couple of lingering bugs too! :blush:

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
I've heard a lot of good reports of mixing by weight instead of volume. So far the only calculators that I know of that support that function are Windows only. Any chance of adding that function to your calculator?

Not in the immediate future I'm afraid. A very simplified weight mode wouldn't be too difficult but it wouldn't be accurate because dot1ml currently only understands PG and VG but not water, alcohol, PEG (or any other liquid) - all of which have different densities.

I'm told that Scubabatdan's spreadsheet calculator can work in weight: https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6b63875e6271a86f9f

Mensah

Aug 25, 2013
Paris / France
Hi Nick
Still great to see any new addition to your calculator, but it still lacks a few things to become the ultimate one (for me ;))
• Still waiting for a 1 drop increment/drop for each flavor
• Would be cool to see the 3 units of measure on the page (% - ml- drop)
• For each flavor, we have a choice of excipient as PG or VG, we would need alcohol also
• Speaking of, a (some) line(s) for Water/PGA/Whatever would be great also

• And much much later, the possibiity to write the price of our flavors to calculate the end result, but that would be in the end xD

Thanks for your great work anyways

NickIcon

Feb 4, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Hi Nick
Still great to see any new addition to your calculator, but it still lacks a few things to become the ultimate one (for me ;))
• Still waiting for a 1 drop increment/drop for each flavor
• Would be cool to see the 3 units of measure on the page (% - ml- drop)
• For each flavor, we have a choice of excipient as PG or VG, we would need alcohol also
• Speaking of, a (some) line(s) for Water/PGA/Whatever would be great also

• And much much later, the possibiity to write the price of our flavors to calculate the end result, but that would be in the end xD

Thanks for your great work anyways

Salut Mensah,

Chances are dot1ml won't be supporting increments in exact drops any time in the near future because everything is based around percentages. Not long ago I added support for 0.5% increments below 5% and 0.1% increments below 1.5% (at 10ml, 0.1% should be less than a single drop). The thresholds at which the increments change are by no means set in stone but I am keen to keep things roughly in line with general usage.

Displaying mls and drops at the same time is on my to-do list, albeit a way down at the moment. It's planned to be a third "unit of measure" option, ie: ml, drops or ml & drops. The more it is requested, the higher up the list it moves. :)

Ingredients do already have their own adjustable PG/VG ratio (defaulted to 100/0). You can edit this by clicking on the edit (cog) icon on each ingredient line.

Again, I'm afraid I don't have any plans at the moment to extend this to alcohol, water, AG, PEG et al. Mostly because of the inherent complexity it would unnecessarily add for most users. Of course an "advanced mode" and the like are not out of the question but I have a few other major features I would like to get up and running beforehand - the same goes for the price calculator.

Wish I had more time to spend working on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread