Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The collaboration between Dean the vaping Biker and Dovpo is getting close to being released. No specs in the preview video and not much in terms of a clear look at it, but it appears to be a dual battery 180w squonker. From the limited look presented it could have a more compact footprint than most of the dual battery squonkers out so far. Really hard to tell, however.

Will be interesting to see what this has to offer.

basium.JPG

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
From what can be seen clearly it looks good, but that video raises more questions than anything for me. There are quite a few factors that could make or break it that are not visible in the video. I've learned quickly not to get hyped up on a product that isn't out yet, as it could turn out way different than what is advertised.

Not sure here but in that clip it sure seemed like it may be an 18650 device (the batteries pictured looked like 18650s without an adapter), which for me would be a deal breaker since I only have a married set of three 18650s for one of my mods and two unmarried for my single battery mods, but I have about a dozen 2x700 batteries.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
The collaboration between Dean the Vaping Biker and Dovpo is getting close to being released. No specs in the preview video and not much in terms of a clear look at it, but it appears to be a dual battery 180w squonker. From the limited look presented it could have a more compact footprint than most of the dual battery squonkers out so far. Really hard to tell, however.

Will be interesting to see what this has to offer.

View attachment 740025

It's a DOVPO, so I already like it. :D

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
That video shows nothing.
Newsflash - Famous Youtuber sells green box

@hazozita the heads up is actually appreciated, it's just my default state is sarcastic. :)

Yeah, that ‘preview’ was not very illuminating. Dean has been using it on camera in his vlogs, so I was able to get a better look at it. It’s more boxy than I thought it would be, but despite that it appears to have a shape that could work well for me. The release has been set for early July, and actual reviews of it (according to Dean) should be coming out later this month.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Djlsb showed more of the mod on his live stream last night... Showed the bottom and how the bottle holder works.... Its at the start when he says what he is vaping on....

Thanks! I really like the way the bottle holder is designed -- seems like it would be very easy to deal with. Here's a screen capture of the bottle system:

bas.JPG

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Not going to be first in line for this one. My current single battery squonks are treating me fine. I've held off on purchasing a double battery squonk so far due to the limited choices available and especially now that I am getting great battery life on the Pulse with a Sanyo 20700B.

If this looks good and gets good reviews, I may give it a shot as my first duel battery squonk. I'm kind of levitating towards 20700 and 21700 mods these days though. It's been a while since I've even charged a pair of 18650's. I'm going to have to donate my 18650's to a few friends if that trend continues for me. Maybe just keep two pair as backups. Bought a bunch of VTC5A's right before going 20700 and 21700. Wish I had waited. This might get me back to using 18650's more often.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Too bad it is an 18650 only device, that alone turns me away from it as i am too heavily invested in 2x700s and dont want to invest in more batteries just for this one mod. It's already a large device, why not make room for the slightly larger batteries?

They also could have easily made this fit a 30mm rsa with all that room on top (an offset tube from the 510 couldn't be that hard to do, and the bottle carrier design would be ideal for it as they could stabilize the tube from the 510 better than a standard squonk design) which would have made this one of the few budget (if not the only) dual battery regulated squonk mods that would accept a 30mm, which there are a few 30mm bf attys on the market as of now. Not only that but it would look so much better with a centered 510 on it.

For me it's a pass, I'll just keep waiting for one that doesn't force me to compromise in one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread