Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks much @hazozita

I picked up a silver one from MFS last night using the coupon code you provided. I saw your post around 5pm and was running late for a chiropractor appt. Too bad, lol. Never ordered from MFS before, created an account and ordered the silver as well.

I'm sure the silver will look good, but really was wanting the green as well. I'll keep my eyes out for the green. If I enjoy the first one and it's something I use frequently, I'll get the green later as my vape closet backup.

This will be my first duel battery squonk, kind of excited to see if this leads me back to using 18650s again. Kind of only been using 2x700 devices the past few months. They've worked well for me since I use single coil RDAs. I've been using the Pulse 80w, Desire Cut, and the Aurora here and there. The little bit of time I haven't been squonking, I've been using the LV Mirage with a 21700. Going to have to pull out a fresh pair of 18650s for this.

Reactions: hazozita

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
EightVape has them in stock. Green ordered..

latest

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
EightVape has them in stock. Green ordered..

latest
YOU my friend are an enabler. LOL

I couldn't help myself. My silver one from MFS should arrive today, but I HAD to have the green. I hope the color is a beautiful in person as it is in the pictures. The credit card is really taking a beating this month.

I've never ordered from Eightvape before today. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Seems like they have good prices on some things, but shipping cost kind of stinks. Since the shipping cost didn't change when adding a rda or two, I picked up the Geekvape Ammit RDA while I was checking out. Figured it was $5 less than ordering it from MVS, and the $5 savings would help offset the higher shipping charge for getting the Basium and having to pay shipping anyways? God, I can rationalize.

I want one more Pulse 80 and if I like the Ammit, will get a backup of it, but keep promising myself that's it. This has got to stop, lol.

Reactions: gnees

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I have a Ammit (black) coming with mine also. I had a hard time passing on the $20.00 Berserker. Maybe next week.

I have ordered from them a few times. Never had a problem.

Hope all the extra VV Pulse 80w bottles I have fit in this. I have a green put aside for it.:D
Ahhh, I didn't even think about the Pulse bottles. I think I have a green one too.. :D

With the Pulse bottles being taller (with the cap) and having a shorter tube, it might be a problem. The tube looks like it will need to bend over to the side to connect to the fitting on the carrier system. So I'm guessing the tubing in the Pulse bottle will need to be replaced with a slightly longer piece, assuming the bottle will fit in the carrier and have enough clearance to have the tube bend and connect.

I've got replacement tubing I bought for the Pulse bottles to help them fit in other mods if needed.

Reactions: gnees

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
My silver from MFS just arrived. Have a set of batteries charging now. Haven't used 18650's in a few months.

Visual impressions...

The silver is a nice matte brushed finish, not a fingerprint magnet.

Mod is pretty light considering the size.

Fits comfortably in my hand. Left handed, I hold it with the squonk hole away from me (and towards the inside), and can squonk with my ring finger. Firing it will be an index finger fire. Pretty comfortable to hold and manipulate.

Pulse 80w bottle will NOT work as replacements. The top of the cap hits the nipple on the carrier system, no room at cut/bend the tubing. Coil Masters, Veritube and similar size bottle seem like they will work just fine.

The included bottle seems to have a nice level of softness/stiffness to it. Seems like a very quality bottle. It came with one black and one white bottle. I picked up one spare bottle from MFS as well, couldn't help myself.

I've not held or seen the GBox, Rage or other duel battery mods in person, so can't really compare. I like the look, feel and size of this though considering it's holding two 18650s. Have a feeling I'm going to be glad I held out on buying a duel battery squonk until this came out.

The carrier for the bottles seems well designed, easy to insert and remove, but isn't going anywhere on it's own. I will probably try manually filling the bottle at first, but since inserting it into the carrier and then the carrier into the mod is an additional step (lazy me) I may try a refill bottle on this guy.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
My Basium has arrived as well! To add to @score69 impressions:

>> It’s much more compact than I thought it would be. It has the chunkiness of a square shape, but remains comfortable to hold. It's also lighter than I expected it would be.

>> The SS finish is highly resistant to fingerprints, and looks great (although I still want a green one!). Zero rattles, and the battery door didn’t pose any issues. Nice button feel for both the fire and adjustment buttons.

>> Bottles have a great feel – not too soft; not too hard. The carrier system works well. However, the bottles stink of plastic big time. They’re soaking in a baking soda and water bath at present, and probably will remain there for at least a day.

>> Lots of bottles could fit into the carrier, but the problem I’m having is the tubing. The metal stub in the carrier that connects to the tubing as an OD of 3.25mm, which is a bit wide to get some of the bottles I've tried so far to attach. It's probably doable, but I'm not having a good hand day and am not able to finesse a tube attachment at present.

• Agree
Reactions: score69

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
My Basium has arrived as well! To add to @score69 impressions:

>> It’s much more compact than I thought it would be. It has the chunkiness of a square shape, but remains comfortable to hold. It's also lighter than I expected it would be.

>> Lots of bottles could fit into the carrier, but the problem I’m having is the tubing. The metal stub in the carrier that connects to the tubing as an OD of 3.25mm, which is a bit wide to get some of the bottles I've tried so far to attach. It's probably doable, but I'm not having a good hand day and am not able to finesse a tube attachment at present.
Agreed, it does feel comfortable in the hand to me, even though it's basically a square.

As far as bottles, yeah, I will probably end up using a refill bottle. It probably won't be difficult to remove/replace the bottle into the carrier once the tubing gets some juice on it, but the nipple the tube attaches to is kind of back in the corner. Might be difficult to get the tube installed without squeezing juice out. Will have to see. A refill bottle may be the way to go.

Oh yeah, glad you mentioned the bottle stink. My sense of smell is pretty bad. I asked the wife to smell it, and she verified the plastic stink, lol. Mine will be soaking the rest of the day as well. :)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Can you leave the bottle in the carrier, and just put juice in through the top opening (on carrier), using a needle tip juice bottle?
Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that, lol.

The nipple on the carrier has a pretty good sized bore. I can easily fit a needle tip bottle in it with plenty of room for air to escape. I wonder though with the tube going all the way to the bottom (and being submerged in liquid), will juice put in this way even go into the bottle? Maybe it will just fill/displace the air in the tube and not go into the bottle?

Reactions: puffon

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that, lol.

The nipple on the carrier has a pretty good sized bore. I can easily fit a needle tip bottle in it with plenty of room for air to escape. I wonder though with the tube going all the way to the bottom (and being submerged in liquid), will juice put in this way even go into the bottle? Maybe it will just fill/displace the air in the tube and not go into the bottle?

Gave it a try -- doesn't work. The juice will flow into the bottle but, since there's only a small escape path for the air, the pressure builds up and causes the juice to erupt out of the feed hole unless you fill it really, REALLY slowly. Even using a thin syringe (20g) there was not enough space for air to escape.

I seem to recall there was a type of bottle that had an air escape valve on the neck of the bottle. Perhaps Lost Vape made it? Using something like that might make filling the bottle through the carrier more feasible.

Reactions: puffon

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Gave it a try -- doesn't work. The juice will flow into the bottle but, since there's only a small escape path for the air, the pressure builds up and causes the juice to erupt out of the feed hole unless you fill it really, REALLY slowly. Even using a thin syringe (20g) there was not enough space for air to escape.

I seem to recall there was a type of bottle that had an air escape valve on the neck of the bottle. Perhaps Lost Vape made it? Using something like that might make filling the bottle through the carrier more feasible.
Yeah, the Lost Vape Therion BF squonk bottles have venting where you can turn the cap to open it during filling with a refill bottle. This way you can just squeeze from your refill bottle and not worry about pressure building up in the squonk bottle.

The Lost Vape squonk bottles are WAY too big for the Basium. Good thought though.

I've got the Geekvape Flask, Lost Vape refill bottles, and the new VV Refill bottles, never tried them yet though. I always just pull the bottle and fill. Not bad on the Pulse, and on the Squeeze2, there's no reason to even unscrew the cap when pulling the bottle to fill it. Sounds like the Basium may be a good excuse to get one of the bottles out.

I'm sure the tube won't be hard to remove and connect to the carrier once it gets some juice on it, but that connector is back in the corner of the carrier. If you've got shaky hands or fat fingers, it may be time for a refill bottle. Will try tomorrow once the bottle finish soaking and see.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Yes, the lost vape bottle has the air release valve on the collar of the bottle, but I would guess they may be too tall for that mod. Some Attic Dolphin bottles also have a valve too, maybe they would fit.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got tired of waiting on the bottles to finish their de-stink soak, so rinsed one out multiple times and put it in play.

For me, the easiest fill method is to leave the tube attached to the carrier, unscrew the bottle and fill it. Then, with a finger over the hole in the carrier, screw the bottle back into the cap. The tubing is so tight on the carrier nipple that it stays firmly in place while doing this. Zero loss of juice while filling.

If you have younger/better hands than I, you may want to go the route of pulling the bottle and tube out of the carrier. As long as you keep a finger over the top hole in the carrier, you should be able to re-seat the tubing with a full bottle sans leakage.

Squonk action is excellent. In fact, I have to be careful not to over-squonk since the larger diameter feed tube allows for a good amount of juice to flow with a gentle press.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I’m getting very good battery life. Low voltage cut off seems to be 3.3v – I ran the batteries down until I received the low voltage message, and they were each 3.26v when I put them on the charger.

It was firing at full power right up until the battery strength bar display showed zero bars. It then still allowed me to fire, but delivered less than the 80w I had it set to until it shut down with a low voltage message. It did show the actual wattage it had dropped to with the almost empty batteries, which is a plus.

A pair of Sony VTC5's lasted me about a day (from about noon yesterday to about noon today) with this being almost the only device used and going through nearly 4 full squonk bottles. Wattages were all across the board since I was trying it out with a variety of attys – anywhere from 30w to 120w.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
So if I understand correctly, this mod can only hold up to 6-7ml bottles?
I would agree with that statement. The included bottle is stated as 6ml I believe. To work in the carrier system, the tube needs enough length to bend towards the back corner of the carrier and attach. So it would be hard to fit a taller bottler in the carrier and still get the tube to bend and connect.

I've not tried other bottles in it, but it looks like the Coil Master size bottles would fit just fine. I was hoping the Pulse 80w bottle would fit, but it's too tall with the extra length on the top of the bottle. Not enough clearance as I mentioned to have the tube long enough to connect to the fitting on the bottle carrier.

It does get good battery life, but in all honesty, I don't have another dual battery mod to compare it to. So not sure how much of this is the chip, and how much of it is due to the fact it's got two cells in it. With a fresh pair of VTC5As, I can get a full day out of it no problems. I put about 18-20 mls through it in a day, but I'm only running at 30w. There's some time left on mine at the end of the day. I'm sure I could run it higher than 30w and still get a full day of vaping. I got through a full bottle usually the first hour of the day, and then my vaping kind of tapers off until the evening.

Still undecided as to whether or not to use a refill bottle or to fill it the old-fashioned way like I have been doing. It's still pretty quick to fill without a refill bottle. I've been careful to wipe any spills before inserting the carrier (so far). I usually do this with a new squonker to make sure any leaks aren't due to user error. So far, the bottle and carrier system seem well designed and I haven't had any leaking.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I would agree with that statement. The included bottle is stated as 6ml I believe. To work in the carrier system, the tube needs enough length to bend towards the back corner of the carrier and attach. So it would be hard to fit a taller bottler in the carrier and still get the tube to bend and connect.

I've not tried other bottles in it, but it looks like the Coil Master size bottles would fit just fine. I was hoping the Pulse 80w bottle would fit, but it's too tall with the extra length on the top of the bottle. Not enough clearance as I mentioned to have the tube long enough to connect to the fitting on the bottle carrier.

It does get good battery life, but in all honesty, I don't have another dual battery mod to compare it to. So not sure how much of this is the chip, and how much of it is due to the fact it's got two cells in it. With a fresh pair of VTC5As, I can get a full day out of it no problems. I put about 18-20 mls through it in a day, but I'm only running at 30w. There's some time left on mine at the end of the day. I'm sure I could run it higher than 30w and still get a full day of vaping. I got through a full bottle usually the first hour of the day, and then my vaping kind of tapers off until the evening.

Still undecided as to whether or not to use a refill bottle or to fill it the old-fashioned way like I have been doing. It's still pretty quick to fill without a refill bottle. I've been careful to wipe any spills before inserting the carrier (so far). I usually do this with a new squonker to make sure any leaks aren't due to user error. So far, the bottle and carrier system seem well designed and I haven't had any leaking.
Exactly the info I needed. I have a friend that is interested and asked if I had some info on it, and you answered all the questions he asked me. Thank you. I'm still waiting for a dual battery device that would suit me better, but this one does come closer than the rest of the dual battery squonkers so far, I just wish it was 21700 compatable. But I think this is exactly what he is looking for.

For 18650, that is pretty decent battery life. I usually go through 6ml of liquid through my single 18650 mech bring it down to 3.6v. On my single 21700 regulated I go through 18ml, bringing it down to 3.4v running it at 45w.

Reactions: score69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread