Dovpo Basium dual battery squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've got a green one in my cart -- comes to $58.49 shipped with code COMEBACK10. Still debating.....
LOL. DO IT. :evil:

I've got the green and the silver already. The green is an absolutely beautiful shade of green.

I'm not a fan of the blue, would probably get it next if it were a darker blue like the Fuchai blue.

I was going to pick up a red, but since they don't have black, I'm trying to use that as an excuse NOT to order any. In other words, trying to convince myself I really wanted the black. In all honesty, I probably would have ordered the red anyways, lol

Oh yeah, not to be too much of an enabler, but DNA10 works sitewide pretty much all the time. That $58.49 is tempting.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
@puffon, no regrets as of now from me. I haven't noticed any quirks as of yet either. It behaves just fine, no glitches in the firmware or anything like that.

I do like the simplicity of it, but I'm a non TC user anyways. Basically just set my wattage when putting on a new build and don't touch anything again until next time I use a different coil.

Biggest pro to me is the battery life. I haven't taken it out of the house yet, but it will EASILY get me through an entire day of chain vaping with no issues. I'm running a new pair of HG2's in mine and push about 30w, but I go pretty hard on it though the day. With my Pulse (pushing the same RDA/build) running a Sanyo 20700B, I can get through most of the day, but I do need to replace the battery before the end of the day, sooner if I'm leaving the house and want to play safe.

So yeah, most of that is probably just the fact that two 18650's are giving me better battery life than a single 20700 with my vaping style, but it's nice only having to worry about refilling my bottle during the day. I go through 3 full bottles, and about 1/2 of a fourth in day. I can even leave the house in the evening on my original batteries of the day and not be concerned about running low. I've still got battery left at bedtime, and just replace them the following am. I've not run a set completely down in a 24 hour period.

I've been refilling the bottle as you mentioned in Grimm Green's video and it's working great for me. Haven't resorted to using a refill bottle yet. I was using 240ml squeeze bottles to refill my bottle and had to go back to 120ml chubby gorrila bottles to have a small tip, but works great.

Most important to me and one of the reasons I began squonking, no leaks yet. I hate juice messes, and squonking is much cleaner for me than messing with leaking tanks, condensation from bottom flow RTAs, etc. No mess in the Basium for me, carrier system stays clean and I don't see any signs of juice that weren't my fault.

As of now, I would buy it again. The first double battery squonk I've been interested in and it's been solid for me so far.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    @puffon, no regrets as of now from me. I haven't noticed any quirks as of yet either. It behaves just fine, no glitches in the firmware or anything like that.

I do like the simplicity of it, but I'm a non TC user anyways. Basically just set my wattage when putting on a new build and don't touch anything again until next time I use a different coil.

Biggest pro to me is the battery life. I haven't taken it out of the house yet, but it will EASILY get me through an entire day of chain vaping with no issues. I'm running a new pair of HG2's in mine and push about 30w, but I go pretty hard on it though the day. With my Pulse (pushing the same RDA/build) running a Sanyo 20700B, I can get through most of the day, but I do need to replace the battery before the end of the day, sooner if I'm leaving the house and want to play safe.

So yeah, most of that is probably just the fact that two 18650's are giving me better battery life than a single 20700 with my vaping style, but it's nice only having to worry about refilling my bottle during the day. I go through 3 full bottles, and about 1/2 of a fourth in day. I can even leave the house in the evening on my original batteries of the day and not be concerned about running low. I've still got battery left at bedtime, and just replace them the following am. I've not run a set completely down in a 24 hour period.

I've been refilling the bottle as you mentioned in Grimm Green's video and it's working great for me. Haven't resorted to using a refill bottle yet. I was using 240ml squeeze bottles to refill my bottle and had to go back to 120ml chubby gorrila bottles to have a small tip, but works great.

Most important to me and one of the reasons I began squonking, no leaks yet. I hate juice messes, and squonking is much cleaner for me than messing with leaking tanks, condensation from bottom flow RTAs, etc. No mess in the Basium for me, carrier system stays clean and I don't see any signs of juice that weren't my fault.

As of now, I would buy it again. The first double battery squonk I've been interested in and it's been solid for me so far.
    Thanks for the report!
    Sounds like it will work great for me.
    Also glad to hear Grimm's fill method will work.
    Put on the never ending "to buy" list.
    Thanks!.....

Reactions: Susaz

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Essex, UK
    Anyone getting lots and lots of weird resistance readings and check atomiser?

Bought one today and it was doing that, took it back and the new one is doing as well.

Also the nipple on the plastic carrier for the bottle is bent, or broken. The spare isn’t.
    51075dd1981dc01185988d2ab2c811e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scooterstew71

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2016

Bought one today and it was doing that, took it back and the new one is doing as well.

Also the nipple on the plastic carrier for the bottle is bent, or broken. The spare isn’t.

So your replacement Basium is giving wierd readings and saying no atomiser? wow thats not good...

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio

That's not good. Maybe "third try is a charm" will apply here?

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia

Is it doing that with every atty you try on it or are the odd readings occurring with the same atty? If the latter, it could be that the 510 pin on the atty is not long enough to make good contact with the mod. The 510 connector on the Basium is spring loaded, but it’s set rather deep so attys with short pins may not make good contact.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2016
    Yeah they were both faulty devices. Which is a shame. Vaping Biker sorted me out a replacement straight from factory and the new, new replacement is working fine.

Bit of a shaky start but I got there. [emoji51] View attachment 761127

Was nice of Dean to get it sorted for you... Nice chap that he is.. Got my basium coming today in brushed silver... How are you liking the silver finish?

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Essex, UK
    Yeah he was incredibly helpful and nice about it.

I like it! Most of my previous stuff was black and/or red so I’m liking the stainless combo. Actually I think it looks really good.

I’m finding the squonk bottle slightly annoying to fill however. When I screw the top on the juice ALWAYS comes out of the top of the tube. Kitchen paper at the ready 24/7!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I’m finding the squonk bottle slightly annoying to fill however. When I screw the top on the juice ALWAYS comes out of the top of the tube. Kitchen paper at the ready 24/

I made some plugs for my squonk bottles. I made them out of scrap solid plastic tubes and melted the top to have something to grab onto. No more leaks when installing the caps onto squonk bottles.
    20180817_025724.jpg

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I wouldn't call you an idiot, but someone who is a bit hard/harsh on your reviews. There are ways to say things nicely or even let go of somethings for someone just starting out. It's a tough market as it is. I understand your intentions but you must also look at the other side of the coin. Have a bit of empathy.
    The only thing I find hard about @marktodd is his scottish accent. I know, after speaking english after 52 odd years, I should pick up scottish more clearly. I usually see vids just before bedtime, and whenever I'm tired I find I have to rewind more often because I just can't make out what he said :)
    I've followed @marktodd from 2012, and I find he uses and reviews more stuff than we'll ever do. You can then form your own opinion. I can't stand DSsb vapes. I hold my own opinion, but I can't stand the guy.
    So, if you don't want, don't watch it. The guy has his expertise and opinions. You can care or not. But the guy is entitled to the experience. Period.

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Anyways going back to topic, I really like everything about this squonk mod, just wished it had temp control, as I'm a temp control guy.
    Have you seen the Desire Rage? Not perfect, but it's quite nice. Although there's also a 2 batt Boxer mod that is not pretty nor cheap but has a DNA 250c chip inside...

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Essex, UK
    I made some plugs for my squonk bottles. I made them out of scrap solid plastic tubes and melted the top to have something to grab onto. No more leaks when installing the caps onto squonk bottles. View attachment 761131

I’ll try that.
    I do keep my index finger on the top of the tube when screwing down the bottle cap but it ejaculates when I release it! I’m leaving room in the bottle to account for the tube as well. Perhaps trimming the tube would help?

I wouldn’t mind but often I’m wiping the bottle and the carrier thing just from refilling the bottle. Small annoyance!

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I’ll try that.
    I do keep my index finger on the top of the tube when screwing down the bottle cap but it ejaculates when I release it! I’m leaving room in the bottle to account for the tube as well. Perhaps trimming the tube would help?

I wouldn’t mind but often I’m wiping the bottle and the carrier thing just from refilling the bottle. Small annoyance!

Toothpicks work pretty well too.

I just plug the end of the tube with a toothpick, squeeze the bottle just a bit (hold pressure steady) while screwing on the lid. Then release pressure and pull the toothpick.

It took me a little practice, but I finally got this down with the Recurve squonk. I was having problems with this bottle more than others. I spend most of my time with the Pulse 80 and don't have any issues at all with the bottle for it, so took me a little practice with the plug/squeeze method.

BTW, watch Grimm Green's review. He shows a way of filling the bottle with it in the carrier. It has worked well for me using unicorn bottles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread