Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today I have the Blotto Mini by Dovpo reviewed for you. It is the smaller/mini version of the original Blotto which is a known rta in the community.

Some specs from the Dovpo website:

What I got in the box:
  • Dovpo Blotto Mini rta
  • Clear bubble glass
  • PCTG bubble glass
  • Bottle opener / coil length tool
  • Tri-tool
  • Seals
  • Spare screws
  • Instruction manual

Very nice to see you get three tubes, two out of glass and one out of PCV. Happier about the tubes since I broke the straight glass pretty much straight out of the box. I wanted to make pictures for this review and replace the glass tube for you to see what the different set ups looks like. The straight glass was so stuck to the O-ring which then again was stuck to the top of the tank. I tried heating it with a hairdryer with no success. In the end I ended up breaking it because of too much force.

Also a unique skull tool that can be used for coil trimming and bottle opening (beer:)) is a nice add on.

What I do miss however is some coils and cotton, not a big deal as most vapers have them on stock but still… Also have to mention that the user manual does not make me any wiser, there is not really any building instructions, just how to fill the tank.

Overall the machining is done properly. The threading is precise and smooth. Top fill is comfortable with its well known 45-degree lock mechanism, as we see on more tanks these days. With its large enough fill ports its an easy mess-free fill. It is easy to take apart the whole tank for cleaning purposes.

Both top and bottom have a bottle cap like design which makes it easy to hold on to and screw off. Now I also understand the bottle opener skull tool, it matches the cap design :)
Build-deck screws off the tank easily without too much force which I like.

Not a fan of the drip-tip, it is much wider than the type of 810's I am used to. It is also a low-profile drip tip which I am not a fan off. Unfortunately, my other 810 drip-tips don’t sit flush on this tank, it is sticking out a bit, quite disappointing.

On the build deck you will find 4 diagonal screw posts allowing for a dual or single coil build. Flat-head screws which are tiny, some might not like it but for me its fine. On the sides there is two posts with air inlets that should enhance the airflow smoothness and flavor as the coil is hit from each side and additionally from the bottom. Threading on the deck and chamber connect well and seem proper. Wicking ports are large enough for dual and single build.

Building on this thing is easy and difficult. A dual coil setup is kind of hard to get in there because of the airflow posts. It really limits to max 2.5mm ID coils when building dual, but even then, it takes some nerve to get it in. Single coil builds work perfectly fine on this deck, and from my experience I like using this deck for a single coil build.

I found my sweet spot on this tank with a single coil 3.5mm ID coil, Fused Clapton 28GA*2+32GA Kanthal. Dual coil builds also provide a really proper vape, but to me the airflow is too limited to go above 70 watts then, vaper gets too hot.

Talking about airflow. Since its a smaller tank there is less airflow, and you feel it. It is not restricted or so, but for a dual build it for me gets just too hot above 70 watts. The airflow does sound very smooth though, it is not loud by any means. One downside of the design is that you cannot take off the airflow ring not allowing you to properly clean out the base of the tank that is behind the airflow.

Overall flavor on this tank is really good, the cotton wicks well because of the large wicking ports, chain vaping is no problem. Also had not experienced any leaks with this RTA.

Conclusion:

Great RTA providing good flavor in single and dual set up. I personally prefer using this tank as single as dual above 70 watts gets too hot for me. Pity that dual 3mm coil will be hard to get in here, I tried and couldn’t. The three tubes in the kit is a big plus, not having to worry after breaking one and the PCTG tube is pretty much not breakable.

Main downsides of this tank is the fact my other drip-tips don’t sit flush, they stick out a bit, and that a 3mm dual build is just out of the question.

Good thing is that if this tank is too small for you, you can always go for the regular Blotto.

Pro’s:

- Properly machined
- Proper threading
- Flavor is great
- Airflow smoothness
- Easy fill method
- 3 tubes in the package
- Additional coil trimming/bottle opener tool

Con’s

- Missing coils and cotton in kit
- Other drip-tips don’t sit flush
- 2.5mm dual is the largest you can go