Not open for further replies.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
MY 5 DAY REVIEW

The Dovpo DT-50 Scorpion (the design on the front of the mod is a scorpion) utilizes SmartMatch technology that loads wattage according to the resistance of the atomizer/coil - Resistance:0.2-0.3Ω power:20-50W Resistance:0.4-0.8Ω power:15-40W Resistance:0.9-1.4Ω power:10-30W Resistance:eek:ver1.5Ω power:5-20W. It is a sub-ohm device capable of .2 Ohms.

The manufacturers website is here
http://www.dovpoecig.com/

Dovpo products are starting to become more well known and they are readily available on the internet.

I will be giving one of these away this week right here on ECF!!

5472e35e64d48.jpg

Packaging

Similar to the Dovpo GX-200 the box is clear plastic has a black plastic half box inside with a padded seat to hold the device that is nicely made. It is sealed with round plastic sticky dots on 4 sides. It offers an authentic scratch and check code that can be verified at the Dovpo site. The specs are clearly printed and easily viewable on the bottom of the box. The manual was clear and easy to read. It also comes with a USB/mini USB charging cable, a small phillips head screwdriver and a replacement screw for the adjustable 510 pin.

Build Quality

This is an aluminum flat black mod on the sides with a silver colored top and bottom that are held on by small phillips heads screws at each corner for a total of 4 screws on the top and 4 on the bottom. It also has beveled edges on every corner of the device and will not show fingerprints easily. The weight is in between the GX-200 and the E-Mech. It has a self contained 4000 mah battery that can be charged with a USB/MiniUSB charging cable that is included.

The top plate of the mod has an adjustable 510 firing pin and is also grooved in the fashion of crosshairs around the 510 connection for additional airflow.
This device is for 510 connections only unless you use an adapter.
The OLED screen displays battery state, watts, voltage and ohms. You cannot vape and charge this device at the same time. All buttons are clicky and firm.
This device is narrower than both the E-Mech and the GX-200 so it can more easily fit into some peoples hands.
There is no battery or battery box to comment on since the has the built in 4000 mah battery. If you hold the buttons gently and shake this mod there is no noise.

Function/Usage

As usual I have used this device for 5 days before writing this review. I must tell you I am NOT a sub ohm vaper although the device is more than capable.
The DT-50 is a 5-50 Watt device that I used primarily in the 8-15 watt range with no problems.
I vape 7-10 ml per day and this battery lasts me about 2 days or 24 vaping hours. I find this is my new go to mod, it is lighter than the E-Mech (my old go to) and it just feels right in my hand. The SmartWatch was a little weird at first. I loaded my tank with a 1.8 ohm coil and the range it allows is 5-20 Watts. At 20 watts that is 3.3 amps so it is very safe....and very Smart. Change the atty/coil resistance and the device adjusts accordingly. I think these types of devices are what is needed in the vaping community because they minimize the chance of unsafe vaping.

The Specs

1.OLED display screen
2.Working voltage:3.3-4.2V
3.Output power:5-50W(adjustable wattage)
4.Adjusted according to a load resistance of smart match
Resistance:0.2-0.3Ω power:20-50W
Resistance:0.4-0.8Ω power:15-40W
Resistance:0.9-1.4Ω power:10-30W
Resistance:eek:ver1.5Ω power:5-20W

5.Intelligent memory:retain memories of the last resistance adjustment of power parameters, recycle use the same power will
automatic matching
6.Load capacity:minimum resistance 0.2Ω
7.Output short circuit protection
8.Low-voltage automatic protection:voltage lower than 2.5V
9.Automatic Temperature protection:temperature over 70℃(158℉)
10.Lithium battery automatic protection:battery won't discharge over 25A
11.Automatic fuse protection:voltage more than 30A
12.Built-in lithium battery capacity: 4000Mah
13.Charging voltage:Micro charger DC5V
14.Max current charging: 800Mah

Last edited:

Broxyn

Nov 29, 2014
Oregon
There are very few reviews of this device so I very much appretiate your input. I'm hoping that the build quality is as good as my MVP V2 which has been a great beginning mod for me. It has to be better than the Clone of a clone DNA 30 I purchased a couple weeks ago that broke days later. Yea the 510 connection popped off and now I'm left with the world's most expensive single 18650 battery charger lol. I'm not super keen on the looks of this device but I'm really going for quality and functionality. This should fit the bill. :)

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Thanks!
(wow, US measures. So rare to see them in the Vape World. And frankly, vaping has got me so much forward to accepting the metric system than anything else. Isn't it amazing we all converse in ml, cm without a thought? Another positive benefit to vaping!)

I guess the tall is for that big battery.

How is it for you with the fire button on the side and not on the end? (like an iStick) I'm imagining the thumb hits it. It looks like a better placement than the MVPs centered one.

This might be my last mod. (he says with a grin for the fifth time in 3 months!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread