hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s been a bit of a wait but I’m very happy to be back with another review for Dovpo. This time I was sent the new Limpid Pod Kit in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. I have tested a lot of pod devices and hope that this one measures up as one of the best. The Limpid contains an 800mah internal battery and has a liquid capacity of 2ml. Those seem pretty standard from what I’ve seen from others. The coil in the pod is rated at 1.0 ohm and the Limpid has a max output of 15 watts. One thing I find appealing immediately is that the body is partially see through so you can see the electronics contained inside. This is in fact the very first pod kit from Dovpo. All of these features sound great but the proof is in the pudding so you will have to read further to see how the flavor production was on this one.

WgOMgr1.jpg

c8lBhEN.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* DOVPO Limpid Pod Kit

1* User Manual

1* Charging Cable

1* QC Card
    zXT7YZY.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Product Size: 24.9*14.7*100.17mm

Cartridge Size: 24.9*14.7*21.67mm

Coil: Mesh 1.0ohm

e-liquid Capacity: 2ml

Product Material: PC + The silicone

Battery Capacity: 800mAh

Charging Current: 500mA (Type-C)

Color: Black, Red, Blue, Purple

EEzDPOq.jpg

FEATURES:

1. DOVPO's very first open system pod kit

2. See-through body design

3. 800mAh battery, 15W power

4. Transparent body

5. LED lighting, 2ml capacity

6. Slim body, easy to carry

7. Type-C charging port

8. Safety protections: Timeout/Short-circuit/High Temperature/Low Power/No-cartridge/Overcharge Protection

99r7o4v.jpg

W7Hytpf.jpg

VzQojyl.jpg

dbqkV2T.jpg

PhyLQFL.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Limpid Pod is simple yet nice just like the device itself. The front of the box has a clear viewing window which I happen to like and shows the device contained inside. Of course the Limpid name is on the front along with a few features listed along the side. The back of the box lists the package contents, company information, authenticity code, and a sticker with the color version contained inside. I was curious about the Limpid name and evidently it means clear and transparent.

1662389476831.png

1662389512360.png

Once opened, the Limpid is found inside sitting in a plastic insert with the pod already installed. Underneath the insert there is a user manual, USB-C charging cord, safety card, and a lanyard. I’ve never been a fan of lanyards but guess that some people like them. The charging rate of the 800mah battery is only .5A or 500mah according to the specifications I found but in the user manual it says that it is actually 800mah which would make it charge in about one hour. I will have to connect it to my charging tester and see what it shows. This is probably one of the lowest charging rates I’ve seen on a pod device that I’ve seen in quite a while.

1662389581427.png

There is only one pod that is included with the Limpid. I always think that pod kits should come with two pods in case one is faulty. However, I can understand that manufacturers do this to keep the cost down on starter kits. Myself, I’d rather pay a couple dollars more to get a kit with two pods/

The Limpid pod is rated at 1.0 ohms and has a liquid capacity of 2ml. When I received the kit there was a safety sticker over the contacts of the pod so that it could not be accidentally fired before the pod was filled. As always, after filling the pod you should let it sit for 5-10 minutes before taking the first puff.

The pod does not use magnets like a lot of pods I’ve seen. Instead it snaps into the Limpid body very securely so that its contacts meet up with the gold plated spring loaded contacts in the body of the Limpid. Also contained inside the opening is the gold air inlet opening since the Limpid is auto draw only. There are no buttons or controls on the Limpid.

1662389664844.png

I very much like that the pod for the Limpid is a top fill. You simply pop off the comfortable mouthpiece, lift the rubber gasket and tilt it to one side. Fill the pod through the opening with the black gasket and replace the cover gasket and mouthpiece. The rubber gasket does make it an extra step for filling but I definitely prefer this over having to remove the pod in order to fill it like is required with many other pod devices.

1662389834090.png

The battery portion of the Limpid is clear on the front so that you can see the electronics inside which I personally find very nice. It has the Dovpo name on the front and inside the electronics are four LED lights. They illuminate whenever the pod is inserted or removed. Also the four lights will illuminate when the Limpid is plugged in to charge and will stay illuminated until the battery is fully charged and once it is they will go dark. During normal use the lights will turn red when the battery level reaches less than 30%. If the pod is not making contact or is faulty and the Limpid cannot detect it then the white lights will flash three times.

There is also a child safety lock built into the Limpid. In order to activate the child lock, remove and install the pod five times within 12 seconds. If done successfully then the lights will blink red five times. Do the same thing to unlock the child safety lock. I tried a couple times to do this but I guess I wasn’t quick enough. The pod is difficult enough to remove that it really slowed me down.

1662389916684.png

1662389949056.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Limpid Pod is a very simplistic pod with a very nice appearance and performs very well. I personally only use pods at work for stealth vaping and use a diy mint recipe that I mix around 18mg. Normally I would fill one pod with the mint that I use all the time and another pod with another recipe that I am very familiar with to test the flavor production. However, since only one pod was included so I decided to go with the mint recipe since that is where I would get the most use out of the pod.

With a maximum output of 15 watts and the 1.0 ohm coil in the pod it produced a very nice throat hit and the flavor was very good. The airflow, although not adjustable, was a very good fit for me. It’s what I would call a slightly loose MTL vape. It seemed very natural for me and don’t think I would have changed the airflow if I could have.

I really only have one negative thing about the Limpid pod to say and that is that it only included one pod. As far as the appearance and performance goes, I like it very much and it could easily go into my rotation as a favorite.

I’d like to thank Dovpo and Dorothy for sending the Limpid Pod kit for this review. Thanks also to those that have managed to make it to the end of yet another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to take a look at all of the different Dovpo devices available.

Limpid Pod Kit

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review Hit, I like a auto-draw on a pod but most are inconsistent so it's nice that it works well on the Limpid.
    Thanks. It did work flawlessly for me. Every once in a while a fixed airflow pod hits that sweet spot that I like and this was one of them.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread