hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Here I go again. This time I’m back with another review for Dovpo. I have to admit I’m a fan of Dovpo equipment and very much enjoy their tanks and mods. Today I’m going to do my best to cover the Dovpo MVP Box mod. The MVP uses dual 18650 batteries for a maximum output of 220 watts. It supports coil resistances of .7-3.5 ohms and has a voltage operating range of 6.4-8.4 volts. It has Voltage, Power, and TC modes. The body is made of some sort of zinc alloy and PC which makes the mod very lightweight for a dual battery mod.

HUDVErA.jpg

SY8gOUG.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* DOVPO MVP Device

1* USB Type-C Charging

1* User Manual

i4vzbDY.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: 91* 53* 27mm

Material: PC+Zinc Alloy

Threading: 510

Battery: Dual external 16850 batteries (not included)

Output Power: 5W-220W

Working Voltage: 6.4V-8.4V

Resistance Under Wattage Mod: 0.07Ω-3.5Ω

Charging: USB Type-C charging

Charging Current: 2000mA

Mode: Power/Voltage/Temp Mode (Temp NI, Temp PI & Temp SS)

OLED Display: 0.96”TFT screen

Color: Carbon Fiber-Transparent, Carbon Fiber-Black, Carbon Fiber-Red, Carbon Fiber-Purple, Carbon Fiber-Pink, Tiger-Transparent, Tiger-Black, Tiger-Red, Fire Demon Beast-Black, Geisha-Black

FsYkKyH.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Dual external 18650 batteries with 5W-220W power

2. Equipped with 0.96 TFT screen and Type-C charging

3. Power/Voltage/Temp Mode (Temp NI, Temp PI & Temp SS)

4. Supports tanks from 0.07Ω to 3.5Ω resistance

vNAuGET.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the MVP consists of an outer sleeve and a two part box underneath. The front of the sleeve has a color picture of the device inside as well as the MVP and Dovpo names and a few features listed on the side.

The back of the sleeve has a list of the contents, a warning, Dovpo company information, a sticker naming the version color inside, and an authenticity code.

upload_2022-7-2_21-14-45.png

upload_2022-7-2_21-15-4.png

Once the outer sleeve and box top are removed then you see the MVP mod in an insert along with a box containing the charging cable, user manual, and QC certificate. Not a lot of accessories needed or included with this one since there isn’t a tank in the kit. This is a mod only kit.
    upload_2022-7-2_21-15-47.png

upload_2022-7-2_21-16-12.png

The bottom of the mod has four tiny little feet to help stabilize it and to keep it from sliding when placed on a flat surface.

The 510 connection plate is held in place by two torx head screws and has a gold plated spring loaded center pin which has pretty much become industry standard from what I’ve been seeing on different test samples that I have received. The MVP can accommodate tanks up to 26mm without overhang.
    upload_2022-7-2_21-17-4.png

upload_2022-7-2_21-17-24.png

The two 18650 batteries required to power the MVP are loaded through a removable side panel. Both battery slots are clearly marked with a + and – sign and the battery contacts are spring loaded on one end. There is also a battery band labeled with the Dovpo name that can be used to assist in removing the batteries. At first I thought that the MVP didn’t have a USB port but figured that since it included a charging/upgrade cord then it had to have one. It is included underneath the side panel beside where the batteries are loaded.
    upload_2022-7-2_21-18-10.png

upload_2022-7-2_21-18-33.png

upload_2022-7-2_21-18-52.png

The MVP has a .96” TFT display that shows the Dovpo name at the top which is unusual to me. I can’t think of another mod that I have that has the manufacturer name actually on the display. The rest of the display shows the following from top to bottom.

- Two separate battery level indicators

- Set wattage

- Voltage while firing and coil resistance

- Length of time of current puff

- Puff counter

- Unlock/ lock indicator

The MVP has a fair amount of options in the menu system. The button operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5X to turn the mod on/off

- Press the fire button 3x to enter the menu with the following options:

1. Power

2. Voltage

3. Temp Ni

4. Temp Ti

5. Temp SS

6. Bright

7. Stats

8. Color

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the adjustment buttons

The MVP wattage adjusts in .5 watt increments when single pressing the + or – buttons but adjusts in 1 watt increments when fast scrolling. The MVP does round robin when the maximum or minimum setting is reached. The chipset also offers multiple safety protections such as:

- Reverse polarity protection

- No load protection

- Short circuit protection

- Over time protection of 10 seconds

- High temperature protection

- Low voltage protection

upload_2022-7-2_21-19-47.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I’m not sure exactly what it is but the MVP seems almost like an old school mod and made me a little nostalgic. It has a nice clean look to it with almost no branding. You might not even know what brand it is if it wasn’t for the Dovpo name on the display.

The mod gives the user a lot of options and the display is crisp and clear and I’m able to easily read it. I was a little disappointed that the only display color options were green and red. On mods with selectable display color, I usually go for blue. I would have liked to see that on this one.

I really like that the dual batteries load from the side on this one instead of bottom loading. All three of the round buttons are very clicky and I had a couple times where the – button was rather stiff to press. To me the USB charging port being hidden under the side panel is a great design so you don’t have to worry about dirt and dust getting in the port.

For someone with smaller hands, the MVP might be a little wide but that’s pretty common with dual 18650 mods. I found the fire button position to be quite comfortable and the mod is lightweight enough that I didn’t find it unwieldy or tire from holding it like I have with some heavier mods.

So, would I recommend the Dovpo MVP mod for you? If you want a dual battery mod that works well and has a little bit of an old school feel then yes I would. It’s a fairly lightweight mod and works well while giving the user a good amount of options with the menu system.

I’d like to thank Dovpo and Dorothy for sending the Dovpo MVP mod for this review. Also a big thanks to the readers. Below is a link to the Dovpo website for you.

MVP Box Mod – DOVPO Official

mFMPSof.jpg

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    Awesome review! I just got mine on Friday but haven't had the chance to open the box yet as we were having a celebration for my gf's brother. Been a super busy weekend and I had to use it for family time. The are worse things I could've done for the weekend though lol :) made me look forward to getting to it on Monday

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Awesome review! I just got mine on Friday but haven't had the chance to open the box yet as we were having a celebration for my gf's brother. Been a super busy weekend and I had to use it for family time. The are worse things I could've done for the weekend though lol :) made me look forward to getting to it on Monday

Thanks. Family comes first. I’m still working on the bathroom remodel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread