Dovpo ODIN DNA250C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I managed to find one of these for $123.25 at MyVpro. At roughly only $15 more than the cost for a Odin DNA75C i figured why not. Its heavy and large but CNC machined aluminum sounds nice for what might be the last major online purchase i can make. Got a liter of Nude Nic 70vg/30pg 3mg, some 21700s from Liion and a Xstar X2 extended thanks to the stimulus check.

You guys with the Odin DNA250C think its pretty good quality? Its way more than i needed as a sub 75watt vapor but it will come in handy if the local shop is out of the coils i normally use and have to buy coils that need more watts. Kinda liking these Voopoo PNP coils so far and all the local shops carry them for about online pricing.

Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I managed to find one of these for $123.25 at MyVpro. At roughly only $15 more than the cost for a Odin DNA75C i figured why not. Its heavy and large but CNC machined aluminum sounds nice for what might be the last major online purchase i can make. Got a liter of Nude Nic 70vg/30pg 3mg, some 21700s from Liion and a Xstar X2 extended thanks to the stimulus check.

You guys with the Odin DNA250C think its pretty good quality? Its way more than i needed as a sub 75watt vapor but it will come in handy if the local shop is out of the coils i normally use and have to buy coils that need more watts. Kinda liking these Voopoo PNP coils so far and all the local shops carry them for about online pricing.

I plan on getting one before the shipping cutoffs... I noticed Lost Vape is supposed to be releasing a new mod, the Thelema DNA250c. I really hope they release it in time for everyone to order it though.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
At under $125 shipped i figured it is gunna be hard to beat. Plus i cant find many DNA75C mods i like in stock. I would have been just as happy with a dual 18650 75C mod or a single 21700 75C for much less. I considered the SL class Mini but it too is $125 and up. Might as well get the better DNA chip for that kinda money.

Tracking shows it already shipped and its on its way here.

• Winner

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
At under $125 shipped i figured it is gunna be hard to beat. Plus i cant find many DNA75C mods i like in stock. I would have been just as happy with a dual 18650 75C mod or a single 21700 75C for much less. I considered the SL class Mini but it too is $125 and up. Might as well get the better DNA chip for that kinda money.

Tracking shows it already shipped and its on its way here.

That is a great price. I like Myvpro a lot. Have you seen the new DNA 250c mod Dovpo is releasing? It's called the Riva.

maxresdefault.jpg

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
No problem at all. With the possible problem about to kick in with online purchases i had to buy now and a machined mod for that price was a deal. NudeNic sent me an email with a 40% off code for this weekend only so there went another $30.

Ive seen the LostVape Centarus for almost as cheap at MyVpro but didnt care for the colors they had left. Gold or abalone is just too flashy for me. $130 though is steal for that mod.

Time for new bats and charger anyway so why not move upto 21700s. One thing i cant find are good 18650 to 21700 adapters. I still got 3 Molicel 18650s in good shape. My other bats are starting to sag a bit under higher amp loads. Ran into that yesterday with my DNA75 and a .15ohm coil. The battery symbol flashes early which is supposed to mean voltage is sagging.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
The Molicel 21700s arrived from Liion and i got them charged on the Xstar X2. I used the .15ohm coil the other day in the PNP tank but i dont care do push a single 18650 that hard. Cranked up the 250C to 50watts and it vapes like a champ. Not that it matter much because i got a bunch of .3ohm coils. Stoked about the battery life i should get running those and i can get them locally no problem atm.

Made sure it connects to Escribe and no problem there either. Dovpo told me the Odin 200 adapter for 18650s will fit the 250C but they wont sell one. So i just might look for a Odin 200 as a backup mod if i can find one cheap. They seem kind high atm and the local shop is out of them too. I still have several Molicel 18650s in good shape i would like to keep in rotation if possible.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Yes but i wanted the machined aluminum body. The Riva is cast zinc alloy

I purchased both the Odin and the Riva. The Riva is aluminum alloy... I had to have them shipped to my MIL in another state because of state laws where I live. Vendors won't ship here. I also have two Lost Vape Thelemas coming. I decided I might as well stock up on DNA250 mods before the mail ban.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yes but i wanted the machined aluminum body. The Riva is cast zinc alloy

I have 5 Odin DNA250C, 5 Odin Mini DNA75C, 4 Top Gear DNA250C, and 2 Riva DNA250C. And everywhere I look, says the Riva is CNC aluminum. It only weighs 153g (I weighed mine). But the manual says zinc alloy.

Riva Manual.jpg

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Nice, MyVpro shipped fast and the Odin is now in my hands. What a nice looking mod!!!

Which color did you get?

Dovpo told me the Odin 200 adapter for 18650s will fit the 250C but they wont sell one. So i just might look for a Odin 200 as a backup mod if i can find one cheap.

Any 18650 adapter should fit fine. Vandy Vape sells adapters individually or in two packs.

• Informative

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I have 5 Odin DNA250C, 5 Odin Mini DNA75C, 4 Top Gear DNA250C, and 2 Riva DNA250C. And everywhere I look, says the Riva is CNC aluminum. It only weighs 153g (I weighed mine). But the manual says zinc alloy.

View attachment 931535

Wow Bill, you went all in! Out of those 4 do you have a favorite? The only one I don't have on the way is the Top Gear.

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow that is tough one Skeebo. They all have the most wonderful battery doors ever for one. They all have a wonderful DNA board in them. Two of them run 21700 and two of them run 18650. It is very close between the four of them.

The Top Gear I would skip if you are not interested in the gimmicky wheel (although I like it). Also the other three are more attractive IMHO. But it is a perfectly fine mod even if you don't use the wheel. I like them better than my Centaurus mods (although the Centaurus wins for looks). Although the Centaurus are still pretty good mods too. While I don't have any Thelema DNA250C, I believe I would like them more over the Centaurus.

When I want small and light, the Odin Mini wins here. Only 117g. Battery life almost equals a dual 18650 mod. The Riva comes in a close second for small and light. Plus you have the extra wattage.

But the mods I use most often are the Odin DNA250C mods. Until most recently, my all time favorite mods were the Lost Vape Triade. But the Odin DNA250C has pushed it to second place.

• Love

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Wow that is tough one Skeebo. They all have the most wonderful battery doors ever for one. They all have a wonderful DNA board in them. Two of them run 21700 and two of them run 18650. It is very close between the four of them.

The Top Gear I would skip if you are not interested in the gimmicky wheel (although I like it). Also the other three are more attractive IMHO. But it is a perfectly fine mod even if you don't use the wheel. I like them better than my Centaurus mods (although the Centaurus wins for looks). Although the Centaurus are still pretty good mods too. While I don't have any Thelema DNA250C, I believe I would like them more over the Centaurus.

When I want small and light, the Odin Mini wins here. Only 117g. Battery life almost equals a dual 18650 mod. The Riva comes in a close second for small and light. Plus you have the extra wattage.

But the mods I use most often are the Odin DNA250C mods. Until most recently, my all time favorite mods were the Lost Vape Triade. But the Odin DNA250C has pushed it to second place.

It's ironic you mention the Lost Vape Triade-- that's been my daily driver for about 3 years now. It looks rough due to me putting it through many hardships, but it still works perfectly. I totally agree about the Odin Mini, great little mod. I love DNA boards, all of mine have taken a pounding through the years and they keep on ticking. My first one was the Reuleaux DNA200 and it still works after owning it for almost 6 years.

I have two Thelemas in transit. I skipped the Centaurus for no particular reason other than when it came out I was stocking up on the last bits of Paranormals being offered.

I might try to get one more Riva. It is a very sharp looking mod... I think the Odin DNA250 will be my at home mod, thus taking the place of the Triade.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.

• Love

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Which color did you get?

Any 18650 adapter should fit fine. Vandy Vape sells adapters individually or in two packs.

The Odin 200 sleeve is a single unit. Very nicely done actually. I may just grab a Odin 200 as a backup mod but im really loving this dual 21700. I can vape for 3 days before i need to change batteries and they are not even all the way drained yet.
DovpoOdin200BoxMod-12_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread