Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
What is an Ether bridge ?
The Ether RTA is a Suicide mods MTL/RDL atty co-designed by vaping Bogan.

Suicide Mods designed the Abyss and the same team have put out an Ether bridge for it.

Single coil. - Too big to fit in a Boro tank but that's the beauty of the Abyss design. Tubular tank fitting bridges designed for Boros but has more room and can fit bigger decks.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I was always curious about what those three holes were for above the USB-C port. All it is just a single red LED charging light and the other outer holes allows you to see the light from greater angles. The screen shows a battery with bars showing the battery level. I have no idea what happens when it is fully charged.

Got it setup and running with the ether bridge, no regrets in getting this at all :)

View attachment 932071

What build are you running in the Ether bridge? (coil ID, wick type, etc.)

I've got one up along with the Abyss but as I didn't have great times with the original Ether RTA, I'm hesitant to use it at the moment... (3mm ID simple SS wire spaced 5-6 wraps and wicking with Rayon - got stuff all flavour from it (vapour production fine, just almost zero flavour)

Running a Caliburn G coil at the moment and it's gurgly AF, so not happy with that lol

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
What build are you running in the Ether bridge? (coil ID, wick type, etc.

I threw in a Geekvape N80 fused Clapton 3mm ID 26ga*2+38ga 5.5 wrap (0.38Ω). I never used these coils before. I used the 3mm insert in the Ether bridge. Airflow wide open for DL.

I've got one up along with the Abyss but as I didn't have great times with the original Ether RTA, I'm hesitant to use it at the moment... (3mm ID simple SS wire spaced 5-6 wraps and wicking with Rayon - got stuff all flavour from it (vapour production fine, just almost zero flavour

I grabbed some organic cotton complete with seeds and unbleached. I don't know why I didn't grab my Rayon, but maybe later. What size SS wire did you use? I'm getting lots of vapor and flavor is good.

Running a Caliburn G coil at the moment and it's gurgly AF, so not happy with that lol

Top fill and bottom airflow tanks, I tip them upside down for 15 seconds or so after filling to allow the pressure in the tank to escape through the juice slots. That should stop the gurgling. If not, then upside down a bit longer and it might drip from the drip tip. This is the juice that would have been gurgling.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    What build are you running in the Ether bridge? (coil ID, wick type, etc.)

I've got one up along with the Abyss but as I didn't have great times with the original Ether RTA, I'm hesitant to use it at the moment... (3mm ID simple SS wire spaced 5-6 wraps and wicking with Rayon - got stuff all flavour from it (vapour production fine, just almost zero flavour)

2.5 mm single core clapton coil, 4/5 wraps coming out at 1.2 ohms, running at 20 watts, flavor is good for me.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Just joined the club. Ordered a Storm coloured Abyss. It's from a local vendor here and with free express postage should be in the letter box in a few days.
    Unfortunately their Ether bridges and sbs kits were sold out so for now I'll be running a Xeta in mine.

I threw in a Geekvape N80 fused Clapton 3mm ID 26ga*2+38ga 5.5 wrap (0.38Ω). I never used these coils before. I used the 3mm insert in the Ether bridge. Airflow wide open for DL.

I grabbed some organic cotton complete with seeds and unbleached. I don't know why I didn't grab my Rayon, but maybe later. What size SS wire did you use? I'm getting lots of vapor and flavor is good.

Top fill and bottom airflow tanks, I tip them upside down for 15 seconds or so after filling to allow the pressure in the tank to escape through the juice slots. That should stop the gurgling. If not, then upside down a bit longer and it might drip from the drip tip. This is the juice that would have been gurgling.

Was using 26 gauge SS wire with the Ether (side note - switched over to damn vape intense mesh rda's for daily duties after the Ether - man that thing is so easy to build lol)

Appreciate the tips! Interesting note re the caliburn g coil - when I first filled the tank, it leaked out the airflow holes on the abyss lol

If / when you do try rayon wicking, I'd be keen to see pics of how you wicked it (esp. tightness, what was done to the ends, etc.) I used to have no troubles wicking with rayon, but then just lost the touch :/

I have some other wires to try out (might as well lol): ss316 clapton 26ga + 30ga, ss316 twisted clapton 28ga x2 & 30ga, ss316 fused clapton, 26gax2 & 30ga (all 3 are geekvape) and some vandy "superfine" MTL fused clapton wire in Ni80 - I hate pulsing and dryfiring with contact coils lol

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Anybody had issues with Ether bridges shorting out or not showing up?

I just watched Jay Haze's review. Not going to comment on what I think of the guy or his motives but I'd like to know if anybody has had issues with the Ether bridge pos pin connection or getting No Atomizer or Atomizer Short messages.
    There were comments on his youtube vid by some of his subs that suggested problems.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I could of sworn mine did that at first Pigs. But I have also had the same thing happen with some Billet Box bridges in a boro tank too. Could be just a repeating coincidence, I just unscrew the top piece a bit and screw it back down again and it usually disappears.

Every time Jai got the Check Atomizer error, he didn't screw the top on to make a connection. And at 11:53, you see a spark when he attaches the top to screw it in. That's the board sending a small voltage to the coil to check the resistance.

Last edited:
    I could of sworn mine did that at first Pigs. But I have also had the same thing happen with some Billet Box bridges in a boro tank too. Could be just a repeating coincidence, I just unscrew the top piece a bit and screw it back down again and it usually disappears.

Every time Jai got the Check Atomizer error, he didn't screw the top on to make a connection. And at 11:53, you see a spark when he attaches the top to screw it in. That's the board sending a small voltage to the coil to check the resistance.

Managed to watch the same vid and when the tip was screwed in he was getting a short atomizer msg - Just sayin, not trying to start anything

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia

Interesting @BillW50 . I'll go back and look again (sound off)
    Thanks.

Maybe that was a fixable problem inflated into a capital D Drama for views. Whatever. No doubt we'll hear more from normal vapers as the Abyss gets out there.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Managed to watch the same vid and when the tip was screwed in he was getting a short atomizer msg - Just sayin, not trying to start anything

Yes, short error with the top screwed in and Check Atomizer when no top screwed in (latter is normal for a bridge). I dunno, something cocked a bit causing a short when it is squeezed together?

I've had no problems since the very first time. I haven't torn it apart, but I have taken the tank out a half of a dozen times to check for condensation on the bottom. And there has been very little to worry about.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I think the battery cap is fine. It works just like the twist off top fill tanks. You just feel it when it is in the right position first before you twist them. Then there is no problems.

The short problem, someone mentioned in the comments that the insulator is too short. That could be. Also if the airflow connection pin is screwed too tight (crushing the o-ring) or too loose (cause the pin to bend a tad) and could short when you screw the top on.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I think the battery cap is fine. It works just like the twist off top fill tanks. You just feel it when it is in the right position first before you twist them. Then there is no problems.

The short problem, someone mentioned in the comments that the insulator is too short. That could be. Also if the airflow connection pin is screwed too tight (crushing the o-ring) or too loose (cause the pin to bend a tad) and could short when you screw the top on.
    If he'd seriously wanted to diagnose the problem he should have tried a different AF insert. That is the connection between the mod's positive pin and the pos post on the deck.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Jai said in the comments he tried different inserts. Plus Jai isn't known for diagnosing problems.

I dunno if you know this Pigs, but you get two drip tips and a screw top with the Ether bridge (I didn't know until I opened the box). It might be the same screw top that comes with the Integrated Drip Tip Kit. Just different drip tips. The one with the Abyss is different and can use 510 drip tips while the Ether and the Integrated Drip Tip Kit cannot use 510 drip tips.

Last edited:
    Jai said in the comments he tried different inserts. Plus Jai isn't known for diagnosing problems.

I dunno if you know this Pigs, but you get two drip tips and a screw top with the Ether bridge (I didn't know until I opened the box). It might be the same screw top that comes with the Integrated Drip Tip Kit. Just different drip tips. The one with the Abyss is different and can use 510 drip tips while the Ether and the Integrated Drip Tip Kit cannot use 510 drip tips.

I didn’t realise that, thanks for the heads up! Not particularly a fan of the drip tips, so being able to use a 510 one I’m more comfy with will be awesome

Reactions: BillW50

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    This is a post I just made in the Shinyitis thread:

Got my Abyss today and it is a bit of a lemon.

1)Steel fill port cover not attached to the silicon plug - floating loose in the box.
    2)Missing the 21700 battery cover/mod top entirely. Just not in the (sealed) box.
    3)Uneven and obviously wonkily hand-machined 18650 battery cover/mod top.
    4) Extremely stiff AF control

I discussed the pros and cons of buying a first run unit of such a hyped device with Ange a while back and we both agreed if there was no mad rush (like racing a vape mail ban) then it would be sensible to wait. I didn't listen to my own advice. Victim of glassy-eyed shinyitis.

I still think the Abyss will be an awesome device. Maybe it's just that mine has issues. Probably more to come too.

I've taken photos and sent emails to the retailer

EDIT Add to that - my Xeta just dumped a whole tank of juice into it. This is a xeta I just took out of a BB/Boro having vaped it for 4 days. Didn't change build or wick. A 1:1 swap.
    I've never had a leak with Xeta build. Ever. I guess the bottom O ring on the Abyss tank is a bad fit. This is not good.

I have another observation/question.
    As mentioned above, I took a Xeta out of a Boro and put it straight into the Abyss tank. After the juice dump I tried again and vaped it. It worked fine.
    One thing I noticed though was that with the Abyss AF wide open it is noticeably more restricted than the same bridge/build etc in a BB. Because I had such a direct comparison I'm confident I'm right here in my example.
    Was this just my Abyss AF or has anybody else experienced the same?

n.b. I setup my BB bridges as wide open as possible for maximum air.

• Informative

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia

Thanks Bill. Yes I spotted the two integrated/non 510 DTs in the Ether box and knew the one that comes with the Abyss takes 510s.
    After my disastrous start my Abyss is cleaned, dried and back in it's box awaiting feedback from the retailer. Ether opened but not built yet.

• Informative
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread