Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Post script to my Abyss situation (also posted in Shinyitis thread):

I sent an email to the local retailer I bought it from about 2 hours ago explaining the situation and showing photos.

I just got an email back saying they are sending a replacement via express post (interstate) to me tomorrow. Apologies and understanding etc. They are also sending a prepaid satchel for me to return the defective unit so they can onsend to Dovpo.

I knew they were out of stock but somehow the manager has been able to source another Abyss. Amazing.

Really excellent CS!

So I should have the new device by the day after tomorrow. Friday Sydney time. Will let you guys know what happens.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
EDIT Add to that - my Xeta just dumped a whole tank of juice into it. This is a xeta I just took out of a BB/Boro having vaped it for 4 days. Didn't change build or wick. A 1:1 swap.
I've never had a leak with Xeta build. Ever. I guess the bottom O ring on the Abyss tank is a bad fit. This is not good.

When did it leak? When the top was nice and tight or before? I've been only using the Ether bridge so far and no leaks whatsoever.

That airflow is indeed tight. But if having it too tight or too loose, I'll take too tight any day. If it is too loose, you toss it in your pocket and it moves, that would get real annoying very fast. Too tight, you adjust it once and then not worry about it. The airflow doesn't seem more restricted to me vs. the Billet Box. It seems more smoother than a Billet Box actually.

• Informative
Reactions: Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
When did it leak? When the top was nice and tight or before? I've been only using the Ether bridge so far and no leaks whatsoever.

That airflow is indeed tight. But if having it too tight or too loose, I'll take too tight any day. If it is too loose, you toss it in your pocket and it moves, that would get real annoying very fast. Too tight, you adjust it once and then not worry about it. The airflow doesn't seem more restricted to me vs. the Billet Box. It seems more smoother than a Billet Box actually.
It was a leak with a Haku Xeta I'd just taken out of a BB and put into the Abyss tank. Maybe it was operator error. Will experiment more when I get my replacement Abyss tomorrow or Monday.

Since I posted that about the tight AF I talked to the boss of the vape retailer who told me the tightness is deliberate and part of the design.
I like your point about too tight v too loose. Thanks for the feedback.

I also managed to get hold of a replacement glass pack today which is a relief.

I've got my Ether bridge built with a 3mm ID dual core Ni80 clapton. About 0.5 Ohm.
Ready and waiting...

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
My new Abyss arrived today and it is a completely different experience.

All the parts are in the box - including the missing 21700 top plate! The fit, finish and O ring tensions are excellent.
The AF control is sturdy and feels great. My first unit I could hardly move it and the knob was really sharp to touch.

I've got a 0.55 Ohm Ni80 dual core clapton in the Ether bridge and I'm loving the vape. Tons of flavour at 22W.

Glass pack arriving today as well and will order SBS and Button packs as soon as they're available.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I'm really enjoying the Ether Bridge.
For the way I like to vape (RDL) this is better than any bridge I've tried for the BB. Beats the Xeta, the Vapeshell and Vapesnail imo.

I wick the Ether with quite a lot of cotton and haven't had any dry hits. Air is smooth, flavour great.
My build is a 5 wrap 3mm ID 2-28/36 Ni80 fused clapton. Between 22 and 25W is working for me.

The coil in the photos has been through a few tank fulls and is dry burnt/ cleaned.

Ethet Bridge plenty of wick.jpg

Ether Bridge new wick.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Ordered two on the 18th of Feb in two different orders with Ether bridges from Element just minutes apart. First one came 9 days later (Storm) and the second one (Classic) came today (21 days later). The Classic one the 21700 top plate really scraps when sliding into position pretty bad. Switched the top plate with the other one and it is a tad better. It should get smoother in time.

Looked at the Ether bridge and it looks fine. Changed out the airflow pin. I didn't do a build on it but grabbed the tank and Ether from the other one and it vapes just fine. I am sure glad I got them. I don't know if we could get anything anymore with this vape mail ban coming.

If someone has the PnP bridge, can you measure the hole of the bottom base of the tank? It might be the same size of the A-Tank (although it looks bigger). If they are the same, I could probably use my Atlantis bridges in them. ;)

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
If someone has the PnP bridge, can you measure the hole of the bottom base of the tank? It might be the same size of the A-Tank (although it looks bigger). If they are the same, I could probably use my Atlantis bridges in them. ;)
I only have a ruler (not calipers). The hole in the PnP bridge base measures 10mm diameter.

I was wondering about the A tank too but don't have one.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
No Pigs, I haven't noticed any difference in my AF control. Although I just normally leave it wide open anyway. But I just played around with it and it seems about the same to me. Do you move yours around much?
I have been playing with it a lot. Would have thought that would loosen it, not tighten it but seems like that's wrong.
Will keep you guys updated

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Good read, glad and sad I waited on this, I really don't need to get into bb stuff, but for a sbs, Ether rba and a pnp bridge it might be a good fit. Can we get some updates where 2nd batch arrives!? Please
The local retailer who sold me mine says mid April is the expected time for the next drop.

Because of the US mail ban I'm guessing they'll sell out quickly.

Edit - just read Bill's post. I guess keep an eye open from now is the best bet.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Last edited:

Foggy Knight

May 27, 2015
Anybody had issues with Ether bridges shorting out or not showing up?

I just watched Jay Haze's review. Not going to comment on what I think of the guy or his motives but I'd like to know if anybody has had issues with the Ether bridge pos pin connection or getting No Atomizer or Atomizer Short messages.
There were comments on his youtube vid by some of his subs that suggested problems.
I've had mine a few weeks now and no issues with the Ether bridge at all.

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Yeah I really want one but gotta have an Ether, sbs kit and a pnp bridge with it, I emailed them and will go ahead if they'll let me pay for it at once. I'm kinda thinking to do this one or a billet box instead, but the 21700 and charging port on the Abyss, plus extra duty as a sbs if the bridges just aren't for me really sounds like the better play. Thnx @BillW50 and everyone else for feedback and help

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
Yeah I really want one but gotta have an Ether, sbs kit and a pnp bridge with it, I emailed them and will go ahead if they'll let me pay for it at once. I'm kinda thinking to do this one or a billet box instead, but the 21700 and charging port on the Abyss, plus extra duty as a sbs if the bridges just aren't for me really sounds like the better play. Thnx @BillW50 and everyone else for feedback and help
I would pre-order today if I could get an Ether and sbs kit as well. Fingers crossed for you and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread