Status
Not open for further replies.

dovpo_hannah

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2019
www.dovpoecig.com
Hello everyone,
Are you looking forward to the Topside Dual Carbon ? How much do you know about it ?
The TOPSIDE DUAL CARBON is the newest premium edition of the TOPSIDE DUAL Squonk mod It is created by design visionary Brian Herb from The Vapor Chronicles YouTube channel.
4.jpg

YiHi Chip: Partnering with YiHi for the chip adds a level of precision and performance that is unrivaled in the industry.
Carbon Material: The new Carbon material is impermeable,highly resistant to scratching, very lightweight, smooth to the touch and absolutely beautiful looking.
3.png

We have received a lot of good feedback about this new topside dual carbon squonk mod.
Can't wait to upgrade your topside ? the dovpo topside dual carbon will be released soon,stay tuned!;)
Please keep an eye on our site and social medias,if it's available,we will update news asap,thanks for your support to Dovpo,we'll try our best to do better and better.
Dovpo Website: Shenzhen Dovpo Technology Co,. Ltd
Dovpo Facebook: DOVPO Tech
Dovpo Instagram: D O V P O (@dovpo_official) • Instagram photos and videos

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Are there any details on the chip that you guys can release in regards to features? Ie customisability, Bluetooth, temp control etc?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
To add to the above,

Will there be a Black Carbon color ?
Will the Single cell version of the TS be offered with the new chip and carbon bodies?

Cheers
I

Reactions: mac-nutty

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I recall Brian saying they were developing a chip. The term “developing” leaves a lot open to interpretation for it could mean something completely new and specific to the Carbon. Or it could mean modifying an existing chip, such as the SX500 which seems to be the closest in specification. The SX520 could also be a candidate

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hey @dovpo_hannah why isn’t there any information on what Yihi chip is used in these new dual topside carbon mods? Just seems strange that they are using a high end chip, the biggest change from the regular topside dual and it’s biggest selling point, but we only know it’s Yihi. If you can share any information on the model of Yihi chip the Carbon is powered by I would be forever in your debt.

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

Tommygun_83

May 3, 2019
So, all has been released, and while I'm a big lover of anything topside... I'm disappointed.
I love the carbon body styling and manufacturing process. I know how much work both brian and his wife put into designing this, but I hate to say, I feel the chip is a massive let down.

I get that they wanted yihi but still making it available to the masses, and that as an independently developed chip there would likely be sacrifices. But apart from the colour screen, almost nothing has changed from the original dovpo chip which lets be honest was pretty good. I feel they are riding far too heavily on the YH brand name but without the benefits. I'm fine without a joystick, but no Bluetooth? No Customisability? No Background images? It doesn't even have a bypass mode or the ability to change the font colours... And in Australia, they look like hitting around the $200 mark. For an extra $20 i can get a drone with a full blown DNA250c.

I honestly thought this would blow that mod out of the water, but now i feel like every drone owner out there would probably be having a quiet chuckle at the situation. This should have been on par with a 550j.

I love the carbon features but just don't feel that's enough on its own to sell the mod. I feel stuck because i really wanted one, but i wanted to spend my money on a high end chip based squonk mod.

I really hope there is a decent upgrade for this chip, with dedicated features that make a yihi a 'yihi' - until then i just don't think i will invest as i don't want to be disappointed. I'm sorry to say it guys, but imho it's missed the mark [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
That sucks I was hoping for Bluetooth, that other stuff I don’t care about as much. Is the chip as accurate, efficient, and does its performance in TC equal that of the top Yihi chip? That’s what I care about but it seems like they may have cut some corners with the chip and being it’s main selling point (to me at least) that is disappointing. I’ll wait to judge until the public and some trusted reviewers put it through its paces. I was hoping to make this my “high end” mod that I wanted to splurge on but I may have to continue to wait. I love the design of the topside and it looks great so I hope the chip is just lacking the non-essential features mentioned by the poster above me. Well back to a holding pattern until this mod gets widespread use. I’ve never been a “gotta be first on the block to have it” kinda guy anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
@dovpo_hannah Make a carbon edition topside non dual edition preferably without the new chip but I'd buy one even with it. Brian with the vape chronicles made something special here and I prefer the single battery version for a daily driver. the original has enough weight which is not a bad thing but the dual imo is just 2 much for a daily driver. I always have 2 min batteries anyways and they are easy enough to swap if needed through the day. I don't want a dual topside for front jeans pocket carrying through the day and the carbon would be better shown on a single topside which I take with me everywhere I go.

Last edited:

dovpo_hannah

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2019
www.dovpoecig.com
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread