Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I didn't have problems either with mine (except slightly too full once). But some had leaking around the outside side of the 510. You would think maybe it is just them over squonking or something. But then some of them had multiple Topsides and only certain individual Topsides would do it and others not. :(

Yes vaping your RDA dry works well with your average squonker. As the bottle tube is right below the 510 and super close to the RDA. But the Topside doesn't work this way. As the juice is trapped inside of that long crossover piece and doesn't come out with the bottle like a regular squonker. As the juice just pools there until you remove the bottle and then all of that juice is free to unload. Kind of like turning off your garden hose from the spicket and then moving your hose and water still runs out of it. :(
Well then, I guess I'm just lucky.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I broke down and ordered one yesterday. Got the gold color. Have the OG Topside in SS, Gunmetal, and Black. Wanted something different for the dual.

I don't have much use for a dual battery squonk, considering many of my single battery squonks are 2x700 compatible, and I almost always vape under 35w. My Basiums have only been used a few times. If I like the Dual Topside though, I will still be in line for the YiHi version when it's released. Doesn't hurt to have one around if I get the whim to build low and need more power. The bottles being compatible with the OG and Dual is also a big plus in my book.

Still on the fence about the new Drone. If I wait long enough, they'll be sold out and I'll just stick with the Topside. ;) I would consider picking up a full black one if I come across it at a US dealer at some point. Not going too much out of my way looking for one right now though. Guessing the dual Topside will fit the need for me.

Reactions: Eskie

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I broke down and ordered one yesterday. Got the gold color. Have the OG Topside in SS, Gunmetal, and Black. Wanted something different for the dual.

I don't have much use for a dual battery squonk, considering many of my single battery squonks are 2x700 compatible, and I almost always vape under 35w. My Basiums have only been used a few times. If I like the Dual Topside though, I will still be in line for the YiHi version when it's released. Doesn't hurt to have one around if I get the whim to build low and need more power. The bottles being compatible with the OG and Dual is also a big plus in my book.

Still on the fence about the new Drone. If I wait long enough, they'll be sold out and I'll just stick with the Topside. ;) I would consider picking up a full black one if I come across it at a US dealer at some point. Not going too much out of my way looking for one right now though. Guessing the dual Topside will fit the need for me.

I have both the Drone 250C and the Topside Dual. I love the DNA250c board, but otherwise don’t care at all for the Drone. In contrast, while the TC on the Topside is iffy, everything else about the mod is done right.

Granted, my opinion of the Drone is affected by the fact that I had to send it to Evolv for a repair right off the bat. But even if that wasn’t the case, the Topside beats it on convenience, hand feel, ease of use, looks, case durability – everything other than the board.

You made the right choice.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have both the Drone 250C and the Topside Dual. I love the DNA250c board, but otherwise don’t care at all for the Drone. In contrast, while the TC on the Topside is iffy, everything else about the mod is done right.

Granted, my opinion of the Drone is affected by the fact that I had to send it to Evolv for a repair right off the bat. But even if that wasn’t the case, the Topside beats it on convenience, hand feel, ease of use, looks, case durability – everything other than the board.

You made the right choice.
That’s the way I feel about the drone. I don’t have one but was considering purchasing one. The topside just looks like it is a better designed squonker. I don’t have a topside yet either but I’m waiting to see what the yihi board topside is gonna cost. If it’s reasonable I think that will be the one I get. I want a premium board squonker so hopefully they make the yihi topside live up to expectations.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
My Topside Dual arrived yesterday. Simply popped in the batteries, and my already used bottle from the Topside single and I was off and running.

I don't have the Drone to make any comparisons, but I'm happy I got the Topside Dual. Feel in the hand is great for a dual battery squonk, but the only thing I have to compare it to is the Basium, my only other dual squonk.

This definitely scratched the itch to get something new. I'll use it at the house for a few weeks, and if it's as issue free for me as the OG Topside, then I will be in line for the YiHi version. No regrets at this point, seems like a nice device for the $$$.

If I have issues with it, I may look at getting a Drone, but as of now, I think this will do the trick nicely. :thumb:

Reactions: Car147

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
i bought the original topside when it came out and don't think any of my other squonkers have been used since.
was lucky enough to win a dual (first ever vape win) and i can't fault it. most vapers i know have only heard of squonking because of me but even they've been impressed by it.
i don't use TC much but would still consider the yihi version if the board was efficient. still have the drone on a couple of lists around the place but have never pulled the trigger on one.

Reactions: Car147

djensen9367

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
oregon
I totally agree,I have 5 topsides (3 sgl bat and 2 duals),I also have a drone 250 (older model and two therions). I rarely use them, would sell in a heartbeat after using the topside, easy fill and capacity is top on my list as the lost vapes are a pain to fill and messy. I have used my topsides in TC and they are not to bad but I tend to prefer power more lately,I have been using sqounkers for so long i no longer worry about dry hits as it is easy to tell when you need to sqounk. I don't care for YIHI chips or the way the board works, so I strongly recommend the topside ease of fill,capacity and the chip is more than adequate.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I'm enjoying my topside too and love to see one come out with a DNA 75C version,with 21700 of course ? That would intrigue the hell out of me. Yihi mods I tend to stay clear of just not a big fan of them at all .
I would really like to see a dual topside with a DNA 250C,that would be icing on the cake.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
A Topside single with a DNA75C and a Topside dual with a 250C would be amazing. I’d get a couple of each in a heartbeat. Although, I have been sufficiently pleased with the TC performance on the Topside dual that I picked up a second one (purple) to go with my green one. Also have one of the new color single Topsides in my MVS cart but haven’t clicked on buy as of yet.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
A Topside single with a DNA75C and a Topside dual with a 250C would be amazing. I’d get a couple of each in a heartbeat. Although, I have been sufficiently pleased with the TC performance on the Topside dual that I picked up a second one (purple) to go with my green one. Also have one of the new color single Topsides in my MVS cart but haven’t clicked on buy as of yet.
Yeah, I would also be in line (even pre-order lol) for a Topside single with a 75c, and Dual with the 250c.

I just got a Drone yesterday and agree with your earlier comments. To me, the Topside Dual is a MUCH better value, design, and solid device than the Drone 250c. A second Topside Dual is now on the way.

The only reason I got the Drone was because of the DNA chip, otherwise, not real impressed by it. If we could get a Topside with the DNA chip, that would be the bee's knees. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It is a very short piece of silicone tubing, i had to strip one of mine down recently after flooding the damn mod in juice (forgot the top cap was off lol :-x

Unless we're talking about two different things, it isn't that short as it reaches the bottom of the squeeze bottle. I've disassembled two of the sled bottle setups to clean them well for juice changes and can't honestly say I looked that close to see what it was made of. It was somewhat flexible, and I guess could be silicone, but no guarantee on that. I haven't used any known tank crackers so no experience on that count.

Edit: just realized I still had one I haven't reassembled yet to allow the bottle to dry out and air. The tubing sure feels like silicone so I wouldn't be too worried.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Different tube Eskie.

9675314-8b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread