Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin'Bolt

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2018
United Kingdom
vapinbolt.weebly.com
Topside your head…

When I saw this was being released in the future I managed to get a supplier to get this one for review as its one which interests me quite a bit in terms of performance and overall quality. The design is beautiful and shows no imperfections whatsoever. The quality is just great and it feels built to last. Now I’m so glad to be writing this review…and for the dual…

resize_DSC_0166.JPG
resize_DSC_0167.JPG

Out the Box

So, we have the Topside dual mod and wow what a piece of kit it is. The looks are very sleek and the way it sits in the hand is perfect. The size is 88.5x54x42mm which isn’t much difference to the previous which was 92x54x27mm so even sleeker

The SE Mod comes in 4 different colour options all Black with Red, Gold, Blue and Grey. Which gives the buyer chance to show off with rda tanks. The kit retails at $100 USD and £79 GBP.

The battery requirements are dual 18650 which for me is perfect.

The mod can reach up from 5-200w and has two different function control modes: VV & VW but it can be update to have TC mode also.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world however, it does recommend charging through a battery charger as you get a better performance rating and its safer. Along with a 10ml bottle which is clear and has the T logo on to represent the Topside.

Always at the bottom of the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0168.JPG

The Build

So, the size is nice and it fits quite well in my hand and I must say it feels extremely durable. The design isn’t much difference to the original only twice the batteries and thicker. The height is much smaller as the 21700 aren’t needed this time round.

A 510pin located offset but central to the mod, which would only carry a 25mm tank nothing is really needed any bigger.

Working down the sides we have a very nice size firing, which is clicky but not too clicky and seems a good build. A 30x15mm screen which is bright in all weather conditions. Which displays the battery life, wattage, volts and puff. The up and down button for increasing or decreasing the power, these are solid. The mini USB connector is at the side, works well but again advised to use a battery charge, so you get better performances.

The squonking bottle which is located in one of the barrels, this is very easy to squeeze and seems to work a treat every time using, the bottle is of a good design with an aluminium casing all around which unscrews to clean and alter if needed. The top fill design is flawless and a perfect addition to any device when squonking because it is a job in itself. The bottle cannot be removed unless it has the top lid removed prior removing the bottom. The battery is housed in the second chamber. The base and side of the mod has the venting holes to help cool the battery.

While checking the atomizer readings from different tanks they worked a treat, changed instantaneity. I always check the TC mode on mods because it is usually a good favourite for many vapours out there. It works and works very work smooth and always a good hit. Again, this is only dependant on the premium quality of the e-liquid you are using, using poor liquids may differ.

Dovpo protect their users and the list is as follows;

Battery Reversal Protection

Short-circuit Protection

Resistance of the atomizer is lower than 0.08Ω,

Open-circuit Warning

Overtime Protection

Over-temperature Protection

Low-voltage Protection

resize_DSC_0169.JPG
resize_DSC_0171.JPG
resize_DSC_0172.JPG
resize_DSC_0173.JPG

Pros

· Top fill

· Quality workmanship and finish

· A good weight

· Great feel to the mod

· Easy squeeze

· 10ml capacity

· Stylish

· Head turner

· Battery life

Cons

· No preheat options

· Temp control isn’t the best

· Overfilling can cause leakages

resize_DSC_0170.JPG

Conclude

I’m starting with the question would I buy this mod? Of course, it really is one of the best at hitting and help from the awesomeness of the Passage which I love love! I’m a big fan of squonks where they have been my go to choice but i do change from time to time in relation to what I’m doing and the laziness…this is superseded the Original topside as I feel it’s everything I need in a Squonker the others battery power isn’t there. As you can see there is hardly any flaws, no cons.

The way it fits in the hand is great and I’d say it’s on par with the OhmBoy…do I compare… best not because it’s one of my favourite but the Dual is on par…

Overall, Dovpo you have done it again and I’m sure it will happen again. This kit is amazing in my personal interest. I would no doubt by this mod if I lost it…it’s a banger…

resize_DSC_0174.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Dovpo - Topside Dual SE - Black & Grey
Tank – Hellvape – Passage by SUCKMYMOD - Gold
E-liquid – Joes Juice - Slush Bucket - Strazcherry
Coil – Dual Fused Clapton’s - O.12ohm by Hellvape
Batteries – Golisi 30r 300mAh & Sony VTC5a

thank you Ema to @sourcemore for providing the mod for the purpose of the review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread