Dpro mini, just came in the mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Just washed it and threw in the coil that came with it (I never do that) and it is a nice little single coil bf rda.
First impression: NO buyers remorse, it is sleek with no goofy deep engravings.
The raised bf pin doesn't seem to cause any short or over squonking issues so far.
The af seems nice and smooth with no whistle.
It is a small thing but has a bit of juice well, more so than the B2k's that I have been using and enjoying.
It has half the amount of af holes, 3 on each side as opposed to 6 on the Recurve BUT it doesn't feel any more restrictive. I use them both wide open.

I plan on playing with this one for awhile, may have to pick up another one.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@VapinCat , this has been kinda an eye opener for me.
I'm almost 5 yrs in vaping, used alot of things and watched alot of reviews. Kinda roll my eyes at the comments about smooth and turbulent AF.

I have been happily enjoying B2k's for the last 6 months.
I finally purchased a squonker and wanted something small and sleek, so bought a Caviar edition and 2 additional bases. I was very satisfied.

Then I bought the Recurve, and WOW, love how SMOOTH the Af is, could defiantly tell a difference. The Recurve has a few issues that for me had to be rectified, o-rings, drip tip, but it works.

This little Dpro Mini has worked fantastic, every thing is good right out of the box, everything is snug, o-rings on base and drip tips fit.
The included coil NI80 0.3/2x26g/40g (my first NI80/not my first clapton) dropped right in. Its giving me a fantastic (smooth LOL) vape. I am really happy with it, and for 25$ !!!
Includes coil,cotton,spare o-rings and screws and 3 drip tips!

I haven't put it down:toast: :rickroll:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Its been almost 2weeks, I have not put this thing down!
If you like around 30-40 watts restricted DL on about .3-.4 builds this thing is it!!!

I am sold on NI80 fused claptons, 2*26/40, 6wrap 3mm ID, comes in at .32

Using a wide bore 510, not a shorty (2puffs clone) that is acrylic over metal, keeps the vape warm but keeps the lips cool.

I have not touched the Drone or the Pulse or used the B2k's or the Recurve since I built this Dpro MINI.

Have been thru over 100 mls of my ADV DIY and it has never tasted better!!!

My only negative on this RSA is it doesn't have a nocth that stops it from spinning all the way round. Really like that feature on the other toppers I was using.

Oh and it is quiet also, wide open AF!!
LOVE IT, HAPPY HAPPY
all ready ordered new NI80 clapton wire, now just fighting the urge to order 5 more of these things LOL, they are only 25$$$$:p
:thumbs::toast:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@Letitia, I wanted to try N80, just never did, I was ok with my builds.
I was in a hurry to try to build it and Jeopardy was coming on LOL, and I figured what the heck, build it quick, use the included coil so you don't have to play with learning curve. AND I was amazed.
Ordered a spool of wire the other day from Lightning Vapes to get close to the same coil it comes with 2*26/40 NI80.
Picked up 2*26/36 NI80 so it should be almost identical resistance.

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@Train2, I think the AF is pretty similar, I only played with the Recurve for about 10 days and then got the MINI.
I liked the Recurve, but had issues with orings and drip tips and it ticked me off a little cause I did like it.
I am at this point wondering if my new appreciation for the MINI is the coil itself. It really doesn't matter cause it is giving me a fantastic flavorful vape. So I will try to replicate the included coil to the best of my ability.
The drip tip I use is the same one I have used for years (2+yrs) on the Boreas. Not a shorty, but a wide bore 510 and the draw for me is perfect with it wide open, same as when using the Recurve albeit for only a short time. Hope you enjoy it also:toast:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Ok, here it is. The wire (2*26/36 N80) came and I built the coil (3mmID/6 wrap/.37) and put it in the B2k. It was a nicer vape from my go to coil that has satisfied me for 6 months.

I moved the RSA's (Recurve, B2k, DPRO Mini) around from mod to mod (Pulse BF, Drone, Crea) and just sat and vaped side by side and on and off for the day and night.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't just waking up to NI80, and the Dpro Mini wasn't really that good.

Nope, NO, Nada, IT REALLY IS THAT GOOD.
Don't get me wrong, I love my B2k's and I liked the Recurve (smooth af, lol), but this little 25$ RSA is my new king of the hill.

And to really add insult to injury, my most enjoyable set up is the CREA/Dpro mini.

I know it doesn't make sense, and the money I spent on the other mods and rda's is crazy, the Drone was over 150$ and had to be sent in to Evolv twice, the B2k's, well I liked it and ordered extra's and spent over 100$.

I have 2 17$ Crea's on the way from China and the Mini was 25$ (vapordna) and the wire was 15$ (lightningvapes) SO 58$'s worth of goodies is giving me one of the most enjoyable vapes I have had in almost 5yrs of vaping .

Well thats it, thats all I got. :vapor::toast::vapor:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@VapinCat, Did you order 1, if so did you get/build/love/hate??? Inquiring minds want to know LOL

@Letitia, Did you get a chance to build yours, same ?'s as above.................would like to hear others impressions.
:toast:
I used the included coil and wicked with KGD. Had to switch out the dt of course. AF is good for me eithet wide open or 4 holes open depending on flavor. Only using it as a regular dripper for taste testing right now. So far I am liking the rda but not crazy about the coil. Would be happier with a tri core. After I get through this round of sf testers I'll change the coil. Enjoying the Recurve so much on the Therion bf that I doubt I'll switch it for the DPro.

VapinCat

Jun 8, 2018
@VapinCat, Did you order 1, if so did you get/build/love/hate??? Inquiring minds want to know LOL

@Letitia, Did you get a chance to build yours, same ?'s as above.................would like to hear others impressions.
:toast:

Haven’t bought one yet, bought a Hellfire Venom X and Sentinel so the vape budget needs replenishing for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread