Dr. Brad Rodu's Electronic Cigarette Blog Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dr. Brad Rodu, of the University of Louisville, has posted a very balanced summary of the state of the electronic cigarette.

Tobacco Truth: Straight Talk About E-Cigarettes

You might not agree with everything he has to say, but (unlike most articles we've read) I couldn't find anything that is untrue. He has been a staunch supporter of tobacco Harm Reduction for many years.

ezmoose

Dec 18, 2009
USA
Thanks, comment pending approval.

Thanks for a balanced perspective Dr. Brad. Seems, like any hot topic, there are extremists on both sides of the E Cigarette debate. I believe the Anti E Cigarette types are more apt to argue delusional, baseless points though; after all, E Cigarette consumers have a vested interest and are more willing to do complete research rather than be led around by the nose. Any fool can parrot the FDA company line; whether it has merit or not!

I've been using an E Cigarette in place of smoking since December 6, 2009. As soon as I tried one, I stopped smoking on the spot; this after 40 years of smoking two packs a day. The improvement in my health, particularly my ability to breathe, speaks for itself.

E Cigarettes have been on the market (worldwide) going on seven years now. Millions of E Cigarette consumers and not a single report of serious illness or injury connected to them. Compare and contrast this with Chantix! I imagine the FDA, Big Pharma, and Anti-Smoking (tobacco) Organizations will celebrate the day a Poster Child arrives on the scene (real or created) to add validity to their disinformation drives.

So I’m to fear E Cigarettes, go back to smoking (I like nicotine), and wait until the FDA does some scant study using cherry picked participants before considering continuing my E Cigarette usage; I think not. There are plenty of completed studies (which the FDA Et al. ignore) supporting E Cigarettes are magnitudes safer than smoking. By not smoking, I may be around long enough to see the outcome of much longer term studies from multiple sources!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread