Dr McVapes cirtrus flavors melting bottle and clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebelwerfer88

Aug 7, 2019
Just a heads up.

The lemonaide in particualr has a very strong citrus acid flavor and cracked a few of my clearomizer tips before I figured out it was the liquid doing it. Towards the end of my first bottle it started melting the bottle a bit. The last quarter of the bottle and its extremely bitter and harsh and unvapeable. The orange started doing the same thing to the bottle it was in when I was halfway through it. I sent 2 emails voicing my concern with possible safety issues and haven't heard back from them. I would have been happy if they slung me a few replacement bottles in other flavors which I haven't had this issue.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This is why if you love citrus juices you use glass tanks and order from vendors who bottle juice in glass or PET.
There’s a bunch of flavors that are considered “tank crackers”. A few spices too iirc. I’ve just bought all glass for a long time and have forgotten the particulars.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
the bottle itself is meltic a bit
What type of plastic is the bottle? You can safely vape strong citrus you just have to invest in glass tanks and ask the vendor the what the juice is bottled in. It's a choice, you'll have to decide if it's worth it for you. If you stick to milder citrus juices, bakery for example, the gear and bottles you're currently using will likely hold up.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just a heads up.

The lemonaide in particualr has a very strong citrus acid flavor and cracked a few of my clearomizer tips before I figured out it was the liquid doing it. Towards the end of my first bottle it started melting the bottle a bit. The last quarter of the bottle and its extremely bitter and harsh and unvapeable. The orange started doing the same thing to the bottle it was in when I was halfway through it. I sent 2 emails voicing my concern with possible safety issues and haven't heard back from them. I would have been happy if they slung me a few replacement bottles in other flavors which I haven't had this issue.
Post a review of their flavors on their site and warn others of the melting. They might remove your post but at least you got their attention. Is this vendor one you have used for a while?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Just a heads up.

I've asked many juice vendors many questions over the years.
If they don't reply (and some do and some don't) then I never again buy their products. Simple. Because if they don't reply, they don't care about their customers (bad) or because they're only in it for the short term (bad) or because they have something to hide (bad) or many other reasons (none good). Granted, some juice companies are small and are understaffed and need time to reply, so I give them time. But, if they don't eventually, then they are off my list.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
That’s seems odd that a vendor would be putting plastic cracking citrus in a plastic bottle. What vendor is this? They should know better, it’s basically why almost every tank is glass these days. No one wanted to take a chance with juice destroying a plastic tank. Seems like a rookie mistake for a vendor

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That’s seems odd that a vendor would be putting plastic cracking citrus in a plastic bottle. What vendor is this? They should know better, it’s basically why almost every tank is glass these days. No one wanted to take a chance with juice destroying a plastic tank. Seems like a rookie mistake for a vendor
More likely one that just doesn't care. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a bathtub juice setup they're running.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
More likely one that just doesn't care. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a bathtub juice setup they're running.
That would make sense, if they’re irresponsible enough to bottle citrus plastic eating juice in a plastic bottle. I really wouldn’t put much past them nor would I continue to vape their juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread