Dr. Oetker rum aroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Hello. I was summoned as a luggage carrier to a local Carrefour and while pushing the loads of stuff we allegedly need I bought this:

aromarum.jpg

Dr. Oetker Rum Aroma, 30 ml en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 23-oct.-08 23:28:58 Paris)

Problem is that the Slovak version states it consists of soya oil, aroma, PG. Actually, if you look hard at the pic, there is some "ol" mentioned in German, too. On the other hand, the webside states: Ingredients: flavorings, water, propylen glycol.

Do you think it could be used for a nice Rum 0 nic e-juice, or does the soya oil mean an unacceptable risk? I do not have any idea of the ratio of individidual ingredients is in the product. If it can be used, it costs 1 dollar per 30 ml here...

Last edited:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I doubt it would work. I tried vaping lemon extract and got nothing. Not sure what the oil would do, but I would avoid it. If you find an extract without oil you could mix it with glycerine and see what happens.

Hello. I was summoned as a luggage carrier to a local Carrefour and while pushing the loads of stuff we allegedly need I bought this:

aromarum.jpg

Dr. Oetker Rum Aroma, 30 ml en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 23-oct.-08 23:28:58 Paris)

Problem is that the Slovak version states it consists of soya oil, aroma, PG. Actually, if you look hard at the pic, there is some "ol" mentioned in German, too. On the other hand, the webside states: Ingredients: flavorings, water, propylen glycol.

Do you think it could be used for a nice Rum 0 nic e-juice, or does the soya oil mean an unacceptable risk? I do not have any idea of the ratio of individidual ingredients is in the product. If it can be used, it costs 1 dollar per 30 ml here...

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I would avoid putting anything with soya oil as an ingredient into your e-cig. In fact you'd probably be better off with just some real rum mixed with glycerine or pg.
I was afraid it would be like that. I also bought a lemon one, but then, my better half assured me she could find use for them in baking if I was just plain wrong and throwing money away.

On the other hand, I think I found a poster with a perfect spicey-sweet solution of the flavour problem: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/3645-absinthe-ejuice.html#post58717

Riffmaster

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I was afraid it would be like that. I also bought a lemon one, but then, my better half assured me she could find use for them in baking if I was just plain wrong and throwing money away.

On the other hand, I think I found a poster with a perfect spicey-sweet solution of the flavour problem:
Frankie,

I could not resist on buying a small bottle pack ( 5 tiny bottles pack) of the rum aroma at my local super market here in Hong Kong. I went home, mix 50/50 with my regular juice. I dripped it into my 801 penstyle....plenty of vapour but very dominant in taste. So unless you really like rum, i would suggest to mix maybe 30(rum aroma)% to 70% of your other juice. My wife liked it with mint juice. But so far there is no signs of problem using aroma mixing it with regular Juice. I have not tried to use it as it thou....hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread