Dr recommended E-cigatettes to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MREXE

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
MT. PRINCETON, COLORADO
This a great thing, and...............it's alot bigger deal than you realize........it's actually FREEDOM in the works............let us thank the FDA for making nicotine a drug that can be sold over the counter............they are just as guilty as the tobacco lobyists, im lfao, they soooooooooooooooooooo screwed this up that FINALLY, we, the addicted, as children, are reaping the benefits of their total stupidity..........this is a 'GODSEND" and im an atheist...........just sayin' now, we 'CONTROL THE VERTICAL, WE CONTROL THE HORIZONTAL, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST YOUR SETS"..........

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
New Jersey
The Doctor only recommended it because it HAS to be safer than analogs. The probability that ECF users have more knowledge and data on the matter than the Physician is high in probability.

The only way I would give a recommendation in that profession (which happens to be my future goal) is by a good experimental design that utilized cell culture techniques of lung tissue and vaporized eliquid. Then, and ONLY then, would I recommend it as a Health Provider.

rjp44

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
West Chester, OH
While waiting for my first PV, I had a Dr. appointment and mentioned that I was going to try an e-cig to quit smoking. The Dr. had never heard of them, but was very interested and wanted to know more about them, and wants to hear how they work in my smoking cessation. Perhaps they'll be another Dr. spreading the word.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Is anyone else not AMAZED that the Dr. recommended them? That is incredible and very good news indeed. Kudos to the Doc.

Not at all. I showed mine to my doctor here in S. Korea (a majority of the adult population smokes here) and he now recommends them to all his smoking patients and even gives them my card if they speak English. On a side note I recently moved and went to the hospital for a non-related issue and my doctor there saw my e-cigarette and knew what it was! I was soo excited. The info on e-cigarettes here is pretty vacant comparatively. On that same visit I passed by the "smoking area" outside where close to 20 patients where huddled together looking like outcasts. I vaped a few clouds nearby and walked back inside puffing away. Had a few guys follow me in and inquire as to what I was "smoking"

Hooray for spreading the word internationally!

starbkjrus

Jun 19, 2009
Reston, Virginia, USA
The Doctor only recommended it because it HAS to be safer than analogs. The probability that ECF users have more knowledge and data on the matter than the Physician is high in probability.
snip....

This is exactly why my doctor was so intrigued when I told her I was getting a PV. She is aware of them and also very aware of the lack of hard information about them. You could say I am her guinea pig. I'm going back in a few weeks for another exam and chest x-ray. The x-ray might be a bit premature but what the heck. All I can say is I feel much better and other things are better much to my surprise - such as my facial complexion for starters. Not to mention I CAN BREATHE.

Kilroy2.0

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Madison, WI
I suffer from Cluster headaches which are not headaches at all, but whatever that is not the point my neurologist at one point told me until they come up with a better cigarette we are at a stand still. When I walked in with the e-cigarette I thought he was going to wet himself and I am not kidding! He is recommending them to other patients with my condition, granted that is not many.
When I get hit with one of these Cluster headaches I grab an Ice pac, cup of coffee and a e-cig and go pacing until the pain goes away.

I do not understand why more doctors do not come forward in defense of the e-cigarette

TrashbagJesus

Aug 30, 2009
U.S.
I'll tell you this much... Doctors make money off of the sick. Tobacco companies make money off of people that will most likely become sick. Health insurance companies are banking off of the sick and the dying. Tobacco lobbyists are funding the FDA. I'm not saying that doctors are as bad as the other four parties, not in the least. They are simply kept in the dark like everyone else. Luckily we have this forum and others like it.

Ignorance is most likely the main reason more doctors aren't recommending e-cigs. Ignorance on the part of the doctors, and the intentional ignorance of the FDA. Notice how there are there's pretty much no solid, official evidence or studies for e-cigs coming from the FDA? That's the influence of the tobacco lobbyists. Hence, physicians are kept in the dark, barring independent lab studies.

Tobacco and health insurance companies do not have a hand in the e-cig market, if they did things would be very different. Big tobacco would be bringing back Joe Camel for the kiddies and vaping would be heavily advertised. The bottom line is this, e-cigs hurt profits of the companies who make a fat living off of peoples' health.

Large corporations and other such entities are driven by greed and money. It is a strong belief in this country that everyone is entitled to make as much money as they can. It is a waning ideal that one should come by profit morally and honestly. It's hard to challenge an ideal, it's nearly impossible to challenge a belief. The best way around this problem is to try and change the means by which these vultures stuff their wallets, let them keep their horrible motives.

I'll finish up with something that blew me away when I heard about it. In Canada, with universal health care, doctors can sign up to a program that pays extra for helping patients to quit smoking cigarettes. Here in the US, healthcare employees get paid extra the more patients they drop. Don't believe me? Look up the name Linda Peeno, she was a physician who was contracted by the healthcare company Humana a while back. It's all about the profit.

Sorry for the essay, but it's the truth :)

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
I know for a fact that last year when I was in the hospital they sent someone around to inform me about quitting smoking and leave pamphlets etc....Guess what showed up on my hospital bill that's right a consultation fee for them giving me information even though I refused it and sent them out of my room they snuck back in while I was sleeping and left the information and then charged me for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread