Dr Vaper Calls Out Rachel Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This video was created almost a year ago, but I thought it was a great booster for the electronic cigarette industry. The background here is that Rachel Ray had a doctor on her show who was pro ecigs, but against smoking and viewed ecigs as a stop smoking tool and not a replacement for tobacco cigarettes.

Rachel Ray didn't quite understand the concept of ecigs and referred to claims that they are nicotine mixed with a bunch of chemicals and still contained carcinogens. Her take was that people should quit smoking, but why change over to a chemically laced nicotine product that was just as bad? The doctor on her show tried to explain that they were safer, but didn't exactly provide the right information. At the end of the segment, they both agreed that people should just stop smoking, although the doctor urged people to use ecigs, since they were a good tool to quit smoking.

Dr. Vaper, who is a medical doctor and an ecig user who has produced a number of pro-ecig videos on youtube, challenged Rachel to have him on his show to properly explain what ecigs are and how they are inherently much safe than tobacco cigarettes. The video is certainly worth a watch.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Dave,

It would be super if you could get on Rachel's show and with a guest or two and do a segment, just a super Idea. Only problem I see is unfortunately the Govt basically controls what's allowed on TV, even what is said on a lot of the news channels or not said. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the producers where told not to allow it or the segment on Rachel's show. I really hope you can get on but if not how about you push for all of the daily shows at once and barnstorm all the networks you can so maybe you can have a better chance to get in on one of them or more then one of them with your guest before they all gather and say no, it just may work and you could get on a few different notworks and get a super campaign going, especially the daily show the Dr's since they already had a version on e-cigs too. Just a thought.

Thanks for all you do.

MWA

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dave,

It would be super if you could get on Rachel's show and with a guest or two and do a segment, just a super Idea. Only problem I see is unfortunately the Govt basically controls what's allowed on TV, even what is said on a lot of the news channels or not said. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the producers where told not to allow it or the segment on Rachel's show. I really hope you can get on but if not how about you push for all of the daily shows at once and barnstorm all the networks you can so maybe you can have a better chance to get in on one of them or more then one of them with your guest before they all gather and say no, it just may work and you could get on a few different notworks and get a super campaign going, especially the daily show the Dr's since they already had a version on e-cigs too. Just a thought.

Thanks for all you do.

MWA

Actually, It's Dr. Vaper who wanted to go on Rachel's show. The video was back in March of 2011. I haven't heard whether he was able to wrangle an appearance or not. I just posted the video he made for informational purposes on ECF.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Eh, while it is good to call out RR for her ignorance on that subject (or any). Does anyone really think her show would be the best platform? I have only seen it a couple of times on Federal holidays - off work days. I don't understand how that show is still airing. It is not good, she is not a good talk show hostess, it is erm, inane. Let's put it that way. Actually most of television is, but then I don't have cable, so the shows on free t.v. are, for the most part, lacking in substance.

Perhaps we can all come up with a better list of suggestions for Dr. Vaper to try a shot at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread