Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi guys :)

Well thank you in advance for everyone who reads my reviews. I hope you get useful and positive information and that they inform your vape purchasing one way or the other.

This is a review for the Drag Baby Trio Kit by Voopoo. Thank you Thea from the Voopoo sales team for sending this through for review. As always my reviews give my unbiased opinion whether it be negative or positive and this will always be my personal brief :)

Right, to kick start this review for the Voopoo Drag Baby Trio Kit we will look at the packaging first. The kit comes in a small white box measuring 87mm by 100mm by 45mm and is printed with the Brag Baby in the colour of your choice on the front of the box. One the back of the box it lists the contents which are 1 x Drag Baby, 1 x PnP coil 1.2 ohm, 1 x PnP coil 0.6 ohm,
1 x Glass tube 1.8ml, 1 x necklace (lanyard), 1 x USB cable, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Genie chip card and 1 x Warranty card.

20190526_121100-jpg.817423

20190526_121112-jpg.817425

The battery in this device is built in and provides 1500 mah of charge time which is excellent for such a small form factor, in fact I must state here that it's size is one of its greatest features. A truly dinky little thing.

The Drag Baby charges to full capacity in 1.5 hours and this will last you around a day depending on your frequency and style of vape. It has a built in tank base so you cannot use any other tank on it but we'll come to the tank in a minute which is a seriously nice piece of kit. It has a bracket on the top side adjacent to the tank where you would attach your necklace or lanyard. One the front there is the usual resin panel, flanked by nickel alloy polished metal and the back edge has the panel with Drag written on it, a form factor which has worked well for Voopoo in the past and will continue to do so, I suspect, as it is very pretty. On one edge you find the fire button with a USB charging port below it and the other edge has a panel with the Voopoo logo printed on. The fire button has a nice clicky and positive feel.

20190526_121217-jpg.817427

20190526_121323-jpg.817429

20190526_121410-jpg.817431

Dimensions and setup.

The Drag Baby by Voopoo is extremely easy to use straight from the box and it's size means it will easily go in a pocket, bag or be concealed in the hand. The unit measures 58.5mm x 35mm x 21.5mm and weighs only 55g. In fact it is barely much bigger than the Drag nano pod which is a very big plus considering the vaping experience it can provide.

When you open the box you simply take out the Drag Baby, the tank and your preferred coil either the 1.2 ohm if you are an MTL vaper or the 0.6 ohm coil if you are more a DL vaper. The coil itself is inserted into the open base of the tank using a push fit connection. Again a big plus. Spare coils will be sold separately in packs of five...at the moment they will be only in the 1.2 ohm or the 0.6 ohm versions according to my sources.

The base of the tank, including the positive contact is integral to the main body of the Drag Baby and is put together simply by screwing it down until hand tight. I would advise that you prime your coil before installation with a few drops of juice and wait a further 10-15 minutes before your first vape. The second stage is probably un-necessary but I find that the flavour is much better from the start. I would also advise that you take a few short pulls on the tank at first to enable the coil to settle in :)

The Drag Baby Voopoo kit is extremely user friendly. 5 clicks in quick succession turns it on and 5 clicks turns it off. When fully charge the LED located just above the USB port will be green. As the charge diminishes the colour will turn blue and then red. The lights denote the following...

>60% battery-Green.
20-60% battery-blue.
<20% battery-red.

As you fire the corresponding charge light will gradually get brighter as you draw denoting that the device is firing correctly. The corresponding colour that is appropriate will flash while charging and will stay on green once it is fully charged. When your charge is about to run out completely the red light will flash ten times which effectively is telling you to put the device on charge immediately to continue vaping. There is a pass through feature so you can vape whilst charging.

20190526_121551-jpg.817437

20190526_121611-jpg.817439

20190526_125250-jpg.817441

In the hand hold picture above it is clear how small this device itself is. I will touch upon this more in the conclusions.

The Drag Baby has Voopoo's proprietary GENIE chip inside which is actually a very good chip. It deals with regulating the current very well on the draw and this results in a very smooth vape which has no drop off as the battery discharges. Only when it is nearly completely depleted can you tell that the vape is affected. Overall a really nice vape.

The GENIE chip comes with the following protections...

Overtime protection.
Short circuit protection.
Overcharge protection.
Low battery protection.
Output over current protection.

20190526_121244-jpg.817451

Conclusions and thoughts.

Well I am seriously impressed with this device which I would recommend everyone have in their repertoire as a fantastically good stealth vape. The 0.6 ohm coils give a nice open, only very slightly restricted direct lung draw (DL) and they have done a wonderful job with the 1.2 ohm coils which provide a true mouth to lung (MTL) vape. They have accomplished this with the clever use of smaller diameter air chimney and juice intakes within the coil and for MTL users this device comes highly recommended.

The battery life is great at 1500 mah and I can get a whole day's vaping DL but would probably need a recharge if I was a chain vaper. I know most of you probably would have, but I felt it was necessary to take some liquid with me in case of top up. With the 1.2 ohm coil the battery will last through the day as it draws much less current.

I have reviewed a range of Voopoo devices and it's always difficult to find many cons but with the Drag Baby they have surpassed themselves. It is as usual a very well made and manufactured device which has a surprisingly small form factor considering the battery capacity. The coil life has been excellent so far. I have been testing the Drag Baby for 8 days now and the coils have not given me any problems as yet.

Is the flavour any good?

You will be surprised to note that the flavour is excellent with both types of coil and the vape experience has been very enjoyable.

It is quite rare to find a manufacture who makes a device that does both DL and MTL equally as well and i'm very pleased to say with the Drag Baby they have accomplished this seemingly with ease. Great for a high salt nic liquid with the 1.2 ohm coil or a more traditional freebase using the 0.6 coil. The only con I can see with this device is the fact that you have to use Voopoo's proprietary tank with no possibility of changing in the future. To be honest even if you could fit another tank on here it would have to be not more than a 16mm diameter tank and I think you would be hard pressed to find one that works as well as the one included with the kit. This is designed to be a very good starter kit for the smoker giving up, or the salt nic user as a top up device in difficult circumstances.

I will give this kit a 9 out of 10 easily and without hesitation as this little thing has seriously impressed me whilst testing. I love it, especially with its tiny size..it's a real sweety :)

I hope you made it through to the end of this review and it was helpful in any purchasing desicion you may be thinking of and if anyone has any further questions you know where I am @charlie1465 or post a reply to this thread. Have a great day guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread