Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
"The Dream PV's, they live inside of my head....."

The next few posts will be showcasing some PV projects that I have been working on for a while. Sadly... much like the Detroit Auto Show.... you'll be seeing some stuff that you may really like, but at this point you can't buy on the open market.

I should note that these are my personal devices. I use them everyday and they actually do work... quite well actually (IMHO). But like the Micro juice Box, I have no immediate plans to build or market these devices.

And.... before you ask.... I'm not going to be showing all of the inner workings of these devices at this time. There is some "clever stuff" that I had to come up with to make them work properly and easily, and I want to protect that "clever stuff" for the time being. Sorry.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
The first device is the "Super Bart", which is based off of the Bartleby that you can get from Cybervex. The Bartleby in my opinion is a wonderful device. A true 3.7V workhouse with pass-thru and USB recharging capability built right in. It works great with a 510 atty... but as with all 510 devices, the cartridges suck and refilling is a pain. The Super Bart addresses some of those issues:

Dsc00784.jpg

You will immediately notice that the overall length of the Super Bart (compared to a regular Bartleby on the left) is a bit longer. That's because the standard 510 atty and cartridge are sitting on top of a "bottom feeding" liquid reservoir device. This device feeds raw e-liquid up into the atty through the bottom battery hole in the atomizer. The rate of liquid delivery, and to some extent the "draw" characteristics of the device are completely adjustable (to compensate for personal preference, juice viscosity, and consumption rate). You'll also note that the feed mechanism has a collar that extends over the air intake on the atomizer. That tightens up the draw a little bit and controls the air entry into the device (an idea blatantly stolen from the eGo). The liquid capacity on this specific unit is .8ml, but it's not hard to make a larger reservoir.

Dsc00787.jpg

The picture above shows the refilling process. The collar is rotated to expose the filling "port". Raw liquid is dripped or injected into the port, and then the collar is rotated to close the opening. It is not necessary to remove the atty or cartridge in order to refill the unit. It can be done "on the fly" and in a matter of seconds.

It should be noted that since the cartridge and cartridge filler aren't really used, it is possible to use this device with a "custom" atty and cartridge. The custom atty is cut-down and has had the bridge removed. The custom cartridge has also been cut-down and is nothing more than a mouthpiece. More on this later. I personally happen to like the length of the Super Bart with the standard atty and cartridge, so that's how I use it.

How does it vape? Just like a Bartleby will, with a perfect cartridge and atty. Clouds and clouds of vapor and good flavor and TH. The adjustability of the device allows you to "dial" the vapor from "thick and rich" with a lot of flavor and TH, to "thin and hot"... with little flavor at all. It's up to the user.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
very nice- where's the 3 flavor choice selector Ultimate Bart pv hehe I will happily test it for an outsiders opinion.

Ideally I'd like each flavor to contain about 1- 1.5 ml of juice and also be easy to refill...I figure it is probably easy to make such a device with the selector probably near your button. Someday lol I will buy a 3 ink pen to investigate inner works hehehe

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Next up.. the "Super TorneGo I". Credit for the "TorneGo" moniker goes to Kent C. And note that this is the "I" version.. which tells you right off that there is a "II" in the wings. And the "II" kicks serious ....!

Anyway, the Super TorneGo I leverages the bottom-feeder liquid delivery system that I developed for the Super Bart, and adapted it to the eGo/Tornado configuration.

Dsc00789.jpg

You can see that the Super is longer than a standard eGo (on the left), and the atty cone shape is a bit different. That's because the cone contains the e-liquid reservoir and feeding system. I personally found the eGo to be a bit "short" in my hand, so I happen to like the extra length.

Dsc00791.jpg

Here you can (barely) make out the filling port on the reservoir (collar rotated to the "fill" position). The tanker on the Super TorneGo holds a bit over 2ml... and I could have easily made it bigger.

And as I mentioned in the Super Bart post, it is possible to use this system with a cut-down atty and cartridge. I usually use those with the Super TorneGo, and here's what the unit looks like in comparison again to the stock eGo:

Dsc00793.jpg

Once again.. "how does it vape?".... just like any other happy and healthy Tornado/eGo. Just for a VERY long time between refills!

More to come.. but probably not today!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
question-how does this mod travel?ie;leaking fluid,im havin problems traveling with my devices.

I keep them in my top shirt pocket.. and no problems.

Frankly, I haven't tested it.. but I'm guessing that if I stored them overnight with the mouthpiece "down", I would get just a little leakage of the e-liquid into the atty. But not much.. not much at all.

beast775

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
victoria bc canada
im thinking how the hell up through the atty the juice feed? gravity fed?user error in reading.i will let it slide this time.i still want to be your neighbour,i built a 15 horsepower electric bicycle,yes its very dangerous.maybe a dangerous ecig?ow wait its happened already.great ideas and well thought out they look like oem equipment,and your secrets are safe ----so far.:D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Nice work scott this is really going to change the way we vape.. Im still really curious on the inner workings, but from what Im thinking in my head its going to be good ! ;)

It wasn't a big surprise for you.... you knew it was coming!!! :D

Inner workings? OK... let me give you some analogies (since that's what Dr. House likes to do!). Those who aren't engine heads won't get this:

Systems like the Juice Box are like trying to run your car engine off of the accelerator pump (or primer pump if so equipped). You squirt some fuel into the throat of the carb and the engine starts... it runs until it starves for fuel... then you squirt some more in there. Crude.. but effective. But the engine rarely runs at the correct "stoichiometric" ratio. It goes from being rich to lean to rich again.

People (including Hon Lik) have talked about putting a piezo micro-droplet injector (ink-jet) next to the coil. Droplets would be delivered on demand.. based on airflow, vacuum, etc.. That is fuel injection. Excellent concept and I'm sure it will be with us in the future. But not yet.

In between those two is what car engines ran off of for 50+ years. A carburetor.

Nuff said. ;)

kai kane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Near da water ...
People (including Hon Lik) have talked about putting a piezo micro-droplet injector (ink-jet) next to the coil. Droplets would be delivered on demand.. based on airflow, vacuum, etc.. That is fuel injection. Excellent concept and I'm sure it will be with us in the future. But not yet.
Nuff said. ;)

aaaaAAArrgh. In my youth I was a MBZ tech, and you just busted my first secret (can't wait to see your jet and venturi! :lol:

Next, i finally gave up on piezio after wasting time researching it (while you were assembling your carb!8-o):

here's some starter info on the piezio i was collecting:

HP's piezio inkjet tech is OPEN SOURCE, and modders have been busy futzing with it. piezio creates intense rapid heat

below - (click the link for a movie) a hand-held full HP cart runs on a 9v batty firing multiple heads -.5 amp peak for just milliseconds. we only need one nozzle, maybe 2 (something like 8 on the HP cart) and one color channel off the PCB so most of the original cartridge and PCB can be ditched for the sake of saving space and expense (unless we want to print text on the coil! check out what this mod is printing!) anyways, this stuff turned out to be way over my head, sooooo -next!: http://www.parallax.com/dl/mm/video/...eldprinter.MOV

TWalker

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
NM
,i built a 15 horsepower electric bicycle,yes its very dangerous.--so far.:D

During the winter I am building e-cigs now but during the summers I build motorized bikes. Good to see someone else here...

I have a $3,500 cannondale with a 4-stroke Subaru on the back super lightweight, belt driven.

IMG_0619.jpg

View attachment 6897

Attachments

• PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 236

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
During the winter I am building e-cigs now but during the summers I build motorized bikes. Good to see someone else here...

I have a $3,500 cannondale with a 4-stroke Subaru on the back super lightweight, belt driven.

View attachment 6896

View attachment 6897

Well I'll be!!! Me to!!!
167_Picture_036w_1.jpg
Meet Skaryfast.... 60kph on a pushbike is enough to make a man out of you!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread