Dress up your Subtank with an etched Design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Kanger Subtank Glass now available at Phiniac.com!

Dress up your Kanger Subtank Nano, Mini or plus with replacement glass from Phiniac.com. Over 190 designs to choose from & 16 frost color options. Also available Kanger color o-rings in Red, Pink, Blue, Black & Clear. We have a frost color to match each o-ring. A great way to customize your Kanger Subtank Replacement Glass with a Phiniac etched design!

http://phiniac.com/cid-130-1/info.html

kanger-subtanks-phiniac_zpshtujwgd9.jpg

http://phiniac.com/cid-130-1/info.html

Additionally Atlantis, Atlantis 2 and Atlantis Mega Glass is here and we are working on creating the templates and getting the designs on the website, they should be available soon. We also have iSticks and Cool Fire IV's here, they require a little further R&D but they should be available shortly after we finish with the Atlantis!

Reactions: aikanae1

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
So what did you come up with?

Meh just a basic black zebra with matching rings (should go nice with a blacked out VaporFlask mod). I wanted to try to get like a dark/black glass tank with an orange music note symbol with orange o rings (but then I realized I need clears or blacks instead), but then I realized no colored tank options, and I didn't want to bother yourself with a custom design/order like that since I couldnt find colored clear tanks. Would prolly jump for a frosted black instead but then couldn't get the music symbol with orange color >_<

The music note thing is great for people with Mellody box mods tbh.. Though getting one of those under $1500 is pretty much impossible, $2000+ it seems to be the norm.

Oh and I got one of those nice drip tips, the skyblue acrylic one, looks amazing, I think I might need a skyblue tank and rings next =]

Last edited:
Reactions: tmcase

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Meh just a basic black zebra with matching rings (should go nice with a blacked out VaporFlask mod). I wanted to try to get like a dark/black glass tank with an orange music note symbol with orange o rings (but then I realized I need clears or blacks instead), but then I realized no colored tank options, and I didn't want to bother yourself with a custom design/order like that since I couldnt find colored clear tanks. Would prolly jump for a frosted black instead but then couldn't get the music symbol with orange color >_<

The music note thing is great for people with Mellody box mods tbh.. Though getting one of those under $1500 is pretty much impossible, $2000+ it seems to be the norm.

Custom requests are never a bother, they have been my favorite part of Phiniac since we got started! While the paint we use only adheres to the sandblast part of the tank and we can not have different colors touching each other I have found a work around to have a tank frosted in one color and a design in a different. Basically I just leave a circle, square or whatever works with the design of clear glass beneath the design. So if you look at the below graphics, the black parts would be sandblasted then colored, the white untouched clear smooth glass.

notes_zpseskofmcv.jpg

So you then have a black frosted tank with orange music notes ;)

That being said I am not a fan of a the black when it covers that much area.

If all goes well we will have an option for color tanks in the very near future that will have nothing to do with sandblasting.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Amazing, thank you for your input and workaround, i'll definitely be back when the colored tanks become an option. Yeah I agree the black full frost is hard to nail from other mediums I seen.

Thanks again! Oh and that dog you have is really cute.

Thanks, he is about 6 years older now then when the photo was taken, so he isn't puppy cute any more, but he is still a pretty handsome beagle to say the least! He comes from a very good breeder. Some of his family from other litters includes Uno (in 2008 he was the first and still only Beagle to ever win best in show at Westminster) the beagle in Regarding Henry, the beagle in Cats & Dogs and Captain Archers Beagle from Star Trek Enterprise. And we have him here wasting his days away sitting behind me on my office chair.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Seems like a waste of a talented dog but I'll bet he's happy he doesn't have to work. :p

We actually purchased him with the intention to breed and show him. However, as beagles do, he had a very bad habit of taking off after every sent that came across his way, and had a special liking for Coyotes, so we had him fixed :( it solved the problem.

I would like to think it is not a waste... He is very loved and very spoiled and has a really good life. He lives with two labs and another beagle and although the labs are MUCH bigger then him, he gets to run the show, definitely leader of his pack. I've had plenty of dogs but he is the only dog in the world that I would hang off the front of my office chair all day without sitting back (not very comfortable for me) so he can snooze where he wants comfortably.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Would nice to have this on the side

sTLiT51.jpg

Interesting... in 4 years we have never gotten that request. I will add it to the site as soon as I get the Atalntis', iSticks and Cool Fires on there. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in that particular design, shoot me an email.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
We actually purchased him with the intention to breed and show him. However, as beagles do, he had a very bad habit of taking off after every sent that came across his way, and had a special liking for Coyotes, so we had him fixed :( it solved the problem.

I would like to think it is not a waste... He is very loved and very spoiled and has a really good life. He lives with two labs and another beagle and although the labs are MUCH bigger then him, he gets to run the show, definitely leader of his pack. I've had plenty of dogs but he is the only dog in the world that I would hang off the front of my office chair all day without sitting back (not very comfortable for me) so he can snooze where he wants comfortably.

I was afraid you might take that wrong. Bad choice of words on my part. :(

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
I was afraid you might take that wrong. Bad choice of words on my part. :(

No not at all. I've said it 100 times myself. We even paid extra for the breeding rights so in that aspect and others "waste" is an appropriate enough word. But regardless he is happy, healthy and loved! Like so many of us, he just ending up doing something different then planned when he grew up :) Now instead of shows he is my best friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread