• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Drip Drip Drip... New Life for Shelved Juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
So, I'm really liking dripping. During the day, I tend to reach for my tanks because they're quick and convenient for me to steal a few puffs with at the back door between changing diapers, cleaning, feeding, playing, and posting here *laughing*..... but in the evening, when the little one is in bed and I can relax, I don't mind the extra fiddling as the trade off is huge, satisfying clouds of great-tasting vapor. the flavors really are generally better, truer and fuller from dripping.

So now I'm wondering what I can all use to do it. I'm started with a little bitty three-hole 510 LR atty that I'm loving. I also have a 306 LR that I haven't even gotten around to testing yet, but it came highly recommended to me. I've tried to be independent and do my own research, but it seems that few vendor sites give me the kind of greenhorn usage info on their products that I'm desiring, manufacturers give even less, and the forum posts I've found assume a level of knowledge I don't yet have.

Can almost any cartomizer be used for dripping directly? I liked Health Cabin's site because they give lots of info including whether or not something can be used for dripping. I'm looking for the best combination of functionality and economy. the 306LRs seem to range from $5-$10 a piece. I found 5 packs of Boges at Canvape for $6, but I don't think I can use that the same way can I? That's got "stuffing" that needs to be filled right?

Damn.... where's the big fat manual of all the parts that tells n00bs like me exactly what each part is intended for and how it's used?

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Atomizer, not cartomizer (cartos have stuffing), and GENERALLY any can be used for dripping. They usually don't come in packs, sold individually for ~5$ each. There's some that have a little metal spike on them, they aren't useful for dripping unless you remove parts from them. The bridgeless one you are using is generally preferred. There's one that is considered top-of-the-line: The HH.357. I've only had mine a week but so far it's been tremendous. From what I've been told/read they have superior lifespans, with proper care they can last many months (guy at meetup had his going for 6 months and it was still working like new). This comes at a cost though, they aren't cheap at ~25$.

ed**forgot to give honourable mention to rebuildable atomizers. They cost a bit up front (15-30$) but you can wrap your own coils/wicks for pennies. Not for folks who don't enjoy fiddling and troubleshooting though.

Bang for buck it'd probably go to the 510 bridgless, though I've had them die after a week of use.

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
They usually don't come in packs, sold individually for ~5$ each.

thanks recidivus! So any of these lower cost ones in packs, are the "stuffing" ones... and that's a different animal. Gotcha.... Trouble is to a n00b's eye, they look so similar that I'm unsure. Until I get to see "down inside", all the little cylinders look the same to me! I'll check out your HH.357.... might be something for the long-term wishlist! And I don't mind rebuildables.... I tend to be fairly proficient at fiddling with stuff, once I learn how it works and what to do.

And yes, this little 510 bridgeless is super so far.... I guess I've been using it nearly a week and being very careful not to flood or dry it out. Been wanting to give the 306 a whirl, but every time I go to "drip", I just tend to stick with what I'm already using and is working. the 306 might not get fired until this 510 craps out on me lol....

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Eastsidevapes carries the HH.357, they don't make much/any money of of them at 25$, I don't think anyone else up here carries them or the Phoenix XL. Just popped on the site and it looks like they have started shipping out of vancity too, though they don't do local delivery....bah!

It's one dude in a "shop" that hand makes each HH 357. There is a clip of him on PBusardo Grim Green's review of VC2

THIS WAS VAPERCON 2012 - YouTube starting at 16 minutes 51 seconds or thereabouts

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
hahahahaha! It's amusing, the things you learn on your own when you're doing things.

I just taught myself to NOT unthinkingly put my finger over the hole on the drip tip when I'm replacing it after dripping into the atty. *giggles* Apparently, it creates enough air pressure as you push in on a good-fitting drip tip to push juice down through the hole to the battery and send four tiny little drops of juice flying out of the air notches in the top of the battery. Live and learn......

Figured I'd share so y'all can laugh with me :laugh:

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
The offer by Project Guy kinda reminded me what I say to all my friends...

I make a deal with them, if they win the Lotto Max they give me $100,000 and if I win I will give them $100,000.

Made this deal with dozens of people so far, but the kicker is I don't play.... :evil:

Regardless of the significant odds it would have represented at 1,000 members @$300 a pop or 0.06% of the total. A small amount in relationship to a "gift" of that size but what a party that would have been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread