Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
attachment.php

yup; once you get settled in, tips are important; it is what you put in your mouth after all.

wide bore/narrow bore
plastic insulators
angled adapters
plastic tips
glass tips
ceramic tips
aluminium tips
chrome tips (YUK!!)
plated (painted) tips
oddly shaped/sculptured/designed tips
flatmouth (pipe style) tips

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I didn't really mean what suits a person. I meant certain ones can vastly increase performance on high power sub ohm cloud devices. the large bore tip I mentioned increased cloud output and taste by a wide margin. most drip tips are restricted by the 510 hole oring size. certain rba's can now accept an enormous drip to suit their power. unfortunately kanger provides a smaller 510 hole than anyone. it would be nice on the subtank but no way it fits. it was not really my lack of knowledge. these huge tips just became available and only from a couple of high end brands.

I do appreciate that you replied. I figured this would not be a hot topic. as they do not fit 99% of current rba/rda.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
yeah but is it restricted to the size of a 510 oring? regardless wide bore makes a difference. if you can remove all restriction with a much bigger opening at the bottom is incredible. the thing is not many atty's can accept that. it won't make a difference anyways unless you are pushing a high power sub ohm setup. on a regular atty the wide bore 510 is indeed nicer. I do like glass too. these that I got only come in acrylic though. at either step the wide bore makes a nice difference in production and taste. what I got is extreme though. great but kind of silly. I really have to open my mouth wide for this. regular wide bore is obviously more comfortable. it is just when you remove the 510 restriction things really ramp up. there are a myriad of great tips by now though. not only to suit all tastes but also now for extreme vapor production. it feels like I am spitting out water!

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The mutation x v3 has a super wide drip tip that draws like a hosepipe. It comes with a delrin adapter so you can still use your standard 510 tips. The tugboat and the plume veil have standard 510 tips, but they flare out into a wider opening that definitely improves the draw.

Last edited:

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
if an atty just has a 510 it does not matter anyways. it is restricted right out of the atty. some of these tips have chuffs or new caps for certain attys. the drip tip is then the entire top. the clouds from these setups at high watt/ low ohm are crazy. if you have high watt/low ohm you are restricting it with a 510. let is loose! otherwise any friction fit tip has a bigger opening than an o-ring. still helps a lot on subtank etc. the new breed of up to 40mm tips are huge. mouth is stuck open.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I have a specific tip for each of my attys in rotation. They're all 510 sized with o-rings, but the similarities end there. Tip selection is hugely important to the quality of your vape, and I'm glad to see others recognize that!

For my VA Cyclone (non-AFC, original 1mm bore), I use a nub tip with a super tight seal. This is my "cigarette" atty, with a tight draw and beautiful throat hit.

On my Immortalizer I need a little more of a buffer between the tip and the top cap, so I use a vase tip, again with an incredibly tight seal. The opening for this tip is heavily fluted and produces a spectacular, velvety vapour. This remains the only atty I've used that provides a "mouthfeel", and it just isn't the same on my other tips.

Finally, for my Freakshow Mini, I use a loosely fitted talon-style pipe tip. This is great for those long, hot draws, as it mitigates heat and sputter, and ensures I'm not drinking my juice. Not to mention it allows me to lean back and enjoy, thanks to the vertical orientation.

Anyway, my tips are all from Vape Stash, handmade acrylic on SS bits. They're gorgeous, but more importantly, they're intrinsic to getting the best vape possible from my attys.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
The Doge V2 drip top/top cap makes a pretty big difference in terms of the heat of the vapor. It's huuuuge, and it has one of those little extra holes in the side to supposedly create the cyclone effect thing. Not sure how much of a difference it might make in terms of flavor (dunno if it's really quantifiable), but it definitely results in a cooler vape.

That said, I kind of prefer a thinner delrin drip tip to a huge bore metal one. Just kinda fits in the mouth better, doesn't get any lip crud on it, and never gets remotely hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread