Drippers, Clean Battery Better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
OK, so I've started dripping the past three days instead of refilling every night and waiting for absorbtion.

Problem, my one GREAT battery stopped heating the atomizer, light came on... but no heat.

I decided to risk cleaning it, not reading anything other then pipe cleaner grabbed one, kinda to big. I was concerned that I may break somthing inside, so I used... Technical International Supply Corp - Tube Cleaning Brushes

All this black crap started oozing out, I spun it a few more times then wiped with a cloth... viola, back to Niceeeeeeeee.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I used it in the battery, the black crud came out of the battery. I blew through it and used an air compressor but nothing came out. The small brush pulled it right out. I'm assuming its fluid that passed through the atomizer into the battery hole and burnt since I vape pretty hard and my stick actually gets to hot to hold sometimes.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
If you take apart the battery, you will find that the pressure switch is housed in plastic so anything you put up the battery hole is not going to clear the e-liquid that gets in the housing of the switch. Knocking the housing may help clear the switch being stuck, but you run the risk fo breaking one of the 2 wire leads to the battery as they are connected right on the other side of that hole. Dripping is a sure killer on a battery or passthough unless it is a manual with the battery hole plugged--Sun

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
This was on a Smoking Everywhere Gold Edition battery, and Sun is right. I slid it in like a surgeon until I felt the end starting to touch something, then I raised it just a hair and spun it around back and forth, NOT UP and DOWN. Then I gently slid it out and repeated.

It didn't appear to do anything, until I gave a quick burst of air... just using my mouth, and then I noticed little bits of black on the edge of the battery connector side. Then I wiped it and noticed it was a black oily substance. So I blew again and more came out. Using a paper towel I made a wick and spun it around, same black substance. I repeated a couple of times and it was gone. Battery is back baby.

FYI: As always with sensitive electronic components, I would try this unless you have to. For me it was to the point where I felt like I was sucking a Mc Donalds Shake every time I used this battery, and it was my longest life solid battery. I knew it had to be the battery because the same atomizer and cart on another battery worked fine. Always test your atomizer, cart, and another battery first.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
In response to "What do you mean by Spun It?"

Let me say I gently, almost surgically rotated the battery while keeping the brush inserted into the hole at the battery connection end, while attempting to feel if there may be any electronic parts in the way of completing a full rotation. When I felt confident that there wasn't anything to prevent the movement I twisted the battery back and forth rapidly... while maintaining current insertion depth.

Is that better?

Look people, I don't have any issue driving 5 minutes down the street to pickup another battery for $50... or even 20 minutes and just picking up an NJoy kit for $80, so I try some stuff that may indeed destroy your e-cig. If you are at all nervous or in doubt about working on your e-cig components AT ALL, don't do it!

I'm the guy that has torn apart my LCD television because the colors where off and MacBook because the cooling fans where to loud... which actually was caused by cigarette smoke. I've been voiding warranties since I was 10.

These are electronic components and can be destroyed very easily. Cellmeister gives some great tips in this post to help prevent such a problem... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...105-vapor-guys-super-mini-wow.html#post125063

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread