Dripping doesn't work for me/juice shy

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I am apparently doing something terribly wrong with my techniques. :( What can it be?

-NPro cartos work like a charm for me (on Npro), but I don't like their chemicals.
-The 801 tobacco carts that came with my kit-- same as above.
-Dripping on my 801 results in near-death experiences for my batts (was given auto by mistake), flooding, and/or throat-burning, acrid smoke-type stuff. :(
-trying to fill my hello 016 tank-type atties resulted in atty flooding once again, and I couldn't suck any vapor at all through it. vapor tasted burnt and way too smoky.
-vaping with a stormy tank mod is heaven, but only if I have the mouthpiece toggled right. I've also discovered I don't vape nearly enough to make this worth it, even though it is awesome.
-I like to inhale and not be able to tell (i.e. no coughing) that I inhaled something "foreign", just smell it faintly.
-I've become really juice shy since trying to "DIY" and apparently inhaling loads of juice. :(

I'm considering moving to self-filled carts for the 801, as otherwise I'm pretty happy with it! I just am not sure about filling them with a syringe. If I soak them in juice, will they wick it up into the body of the filler or do I really need to get comfortable shooting my carts up with nicotine? :laugh:

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
Personally, I drip with a cartomizer. It does take getting used to and finding the "sweet spot".

I had a problem when first starting dripping. I added way too much juice, apparantly, and murdered a brand new manual 510 battery in 1 night. I have since learned to be a little more conservative.:)

As for "shooting up carts" lol... I have found that there are a boatload of different techniques to get them filled. Personally I get really edgy around needles, the things just give me the willies so I stay as far away from them as possible. I soak my cartomizers with juice. I start out with 15 drops on a new dry carto, wait for a bit and add no more than 3 more drops to it until it looks moist. This works for me so I'm pretty happy with the results.

You'll find a ton of Youtube videos about cartomizer filling. The Condom Filling method (it doesn't actually involve an actual condom), to me, is a waste of juice. YMMV

Try different methods, you'll find what works best for you. There IS a learning curve with PV's so take it easy, smile, and vape on my friend. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread