Dripping - removed bridge on 510 atty, now vapor production is terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
i took a 510 atty that was working fine and removed the bridge. i decided it would be my dedicated dripping atty. it still fires and glows orange, but no matter if i add 1 drop or 4 i cant get any real vapor from it. i feel like no matter how many drops i add, the juice is either flooding the coil, or not reaching the coil at all.

broseybrose-albums-broseybrose-picture8079-bridge-less-510-atty.jpg

sorry about the flash glare.

Anyone have ANY ideas why a bridge-less atty would only produce weak vapor at best? I have a very strong feeling that the problem is either too much or too little juice. But like i said... 1 drop yields nothing. 2 drops yields some vapor but much too little. 3 drops leads to gurgling and more vapor, but still less than half what it used to produce.

I have no idea how to fix it. Ive tried holding my Riva in different ways, trying to get gravity to help me get the right amount of juice to the coil for some real vapor production, but no go. The only thing i can think of is that my juice is too thin and goes right past the coil into the reservoir. Is that even a possibility?

Help me bridge-less atty drippers. Youre my only hope. I need tips. Will provide pics, info, whatever is needed to help diagnose. Cause i know i did it right, and i didnt damage the atty. Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i took a 510 atty that was working fine and removed the bridge. i decided it would be my dedicated dripping atty. it still fires and glows orange, but no matter if i add 1 drop or 4 i cant get any real vapor from it. i feel like no matter how many drops i add, the juice is either flooding the coil, or not reaching the coil at all.

Anyone have ANY ideas why a bridge-less atty would only produce weak vapor at best? I have a very strong feeling that the problem is either too much or too little juice. But like i said... 1 drop yields nothing. 2 drops yields some vapor but much too little. 3 drops leads to gurgling and more vapor, but still less than half what it used to produce.

I have no idea how to fix it. Ive tried holding my Riva in different ways, trying to get gravity to help me get the right amount of juice to the coil for some real vapor production, but no go. The only thing i can think of is that my juice is too thin and goes right past the coil into the reservoir. Is that even a possibility?

Help me bridge-less atty drippers. Youre my only hope. I need tips. Will provide pics, info, whatever is needed to help diagnose. Cause i know i did it right, and i didnt damage the atty. Thanks!

Always thought that was a bad idea and don't know if we have anyone here that does that but best bet would be to PM the person where you got the idea. If you don't recall - you might search 'remove bridge' and likely you'll run into the thread that you saw. Or just PM Brad Smith ;-)

E-Cigarette Forum - View Profile: BradSmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread