Dripping scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi folks,
I recently discovered that I was having limited success with refilling cartridges more than twice so I ordered a large quantity online. Two days ago I ran out of new carts to fill and decided to give the "dripping" technique a try (this involves removing the cart from the mouth piece and placing several drops directly on the atomizer). WOW! It provided me with a significant "hit" along with a billowing cloud of vapor -far stronger than what I was getting from using cartridges. I thought great, this is a fantastic way to e-smoke. Last night again I started "dripping" and things started out well. I then took one drag that felt particularily warm . After exhaling I immediatly felt a heavy, uncomfortable feeling in my lungs which stayed with me for several hours. I stopped using my e-cig for some time and went back to using a cartridge for the evening. This experience scared me a bit, as you can imagine. I startd to try and figure out just what happened. I read on the ecig.com site that atomizers reach a temperature of between 300-500 degrees celcius (thats HOT). And elsewhere I've read that cigarette smoke is typically 50 degrees celcius when inhaled. This is just a guess on my part, but I think when your "dripping" you not only get a stronger hit because your applying several drops directly onto the atomizer but those drops are super heated because the atomizer is no longer in contact with the damp cartridge which helps to regulate its temperature. I think it's also possible that the lack of a cartridge when "dripping" permits the super heated vapor an easier undiluted path into the lungs. There may be other reasons why I got this reaction and I'll keep you posted. My intent isn't to scare anyone, just relay my experience, and word of caution.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread