The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Driptip airholes

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Danny Shipley, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Danny Shipley

Danny Shipley Full Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Leeds West Yorkshire
    on most of my tanks there's airflow valves on the tip but I never use them , what do they do? Does it produce more vapour or flavour if it's open?

2. tmcguffie

tmcguffie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2014
    Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
    Hi Danny, never tried anything with a drip-tip like this, though I've seen a few devices with them. Honestly, I don't see any benefit at all, just a gimmick IMHO. Reminds me of the low tar/light cigarettes with small holes round the tip, your just sucking fresh air. They will probably cool your vape down a bit, but I don't see it improving the vapour production or flavour on any device
    If you give them a blast, let me know what difference you notice.

• Like Like x 5
  3. john333

john333 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Indiana
    If you have a device with a tight draw you can you them to allow more air. But, most people don't like them and never use them. I have a couple that I never use.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2015
    I have a TFV4 Mini with drip tip airflow.

What is it there for? To cool the vapor for those running moar watts

For me i used it for the 2 weeks i tried the prebuilt clapton coil i the RCA, it would have been way too warm a vape without it.

I know a few people who use drip tip airflow, young guy at my b&m was fond of the Triton, as it had drip tip airflow and he could use his high wattage capable Herakles coils in it (couldnt in the Kerakles - too hot)

I normally use temp control exclusively, so it stays closed, only ever used it with the prebuilt clapton for that short period. will probably never get opened again...

• Like Like x 2
  5. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Look up "vaping slipstreaming" - it's a way to cool the vape by drawing air and vapor into your mouth at the same time. Before these drip tips showed up, folks that did it simply opened up an air passage between their lips and the drip tip.

I bought a 2 Puffs drip tip just to try it out. It doesn't really fit my vaping style, some folks swear by them. Whatever makes you happy!

6. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not my thing, but the idea is to inject air into the vapor stream, usually for cooling. Never saw the sense in it, myself. If the vape's too hot, turn down the power.

• Like Like x 2
  7. nyiddle

nyiddle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yep, pretty much answered here. It's meant to cool the vapor.

I never saw the purpose of them. Hitting it is kind of like sucking on a straw with a hole in it, you just end up having to pull harder to compensate for the lack of suction. It actually seems counter-productive if your goal is to blow massive clouds.

• Like Like x 2
  8. haleysdadda

haleysdadda Ultra Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Santee,San Diego
    My TFV4 came with one & I took exactly 2 puffs with it & tossed it in the drawer! I like a warm flavorful vape so it just ruined it for me! JMHO!

• Like Like x 1
  9. PilotNY

PilotNY Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2015
    Lascassas, Tn
    It is called a "Flavor Killer" lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rixsta

Rixsta The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    Exactly this, even the Herakles Plus, although it's much improved, still slightly mutes the flavor. I hate them, I would rather get a better drip tip and get rid

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.