Driptip airholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Hi Danny, never tried anything with a drip-tip like this, though I've seen a few devices with them. Honestly, I don't see any benefit at all, just a gimmick IMHO. Reminds me of the low tar/light cigarettes with small holes round the tip, your just sucking fresh air. They will probably cool your vape down a bit, but I don't see it improving the vapour production or flavour on any device
If you give them a blast, let me know what difference you notice.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I have a TFV4 Mini with drip tip airflow.

What is it there for? To cool the vapor for those running moar watts

For me i used it for the 2 weeks i tried the prebuilt clapton coil i the RCA, it would have been way too warm a vape without it.

I know a few people who use drip tip airflow, young guy at my b&m was fond of the Triton, as it had drip tip airflow and he could use his high wattage capable Herakles coils in it (couldnt in the Kerakles - too hot)

I normally use temp control exclusively, so it stays closed, only ever used it with the prebuilt clapton for that short period. will probably never get opened again...

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Look up "vaping slipstreaming" - it's a way to cool the vape by drawing air and vapor into your mouth at the same time. Before these drip tips showed up, folks that did it simply opened up an air passage between their lips and the drip tip.

I bought a 2 Puffs drip tip just to try it out. It doesn't really fit my vaping style, some folks swear by them. Whatever makes you happy!

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yep, pretty much answered here. It's meant to cool the vapor.

I never saw the purpose of them. Hitting it is kind of like sucking on a straw with a hole in it, you just end up having to pull harder to compensate for the lack of suction. It actually seems counter-productive if your goal is to blow massive clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread