Dropper Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
Ok, so here's kind of a dumb question, I guess, but we all have to start somewhere...

I just tried to mix up a small batch of liquid, just 3ml, using 0 nicotine unflavored VG and Capella's Flavor Drops.

The calculator said I should use 54 drops of VG and 10 drops of flavor, for 10% flavor.

Obviously a 2ml dropper is larger than the Capella dropper bottles.

What does everyone here use for droppers? Do you use the same size dropper for the flavor and the other liquid/s? The little plastic dropper I have seems kind of lame - does anyone know of one I can use that's mega-accurate? And what flavor percentage do you prefer?

Thanks, everyone, in advance :oops:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I just went to my local Walgreens (CVS would be the same) and ask the pharmacy for a small measuring syringe, they give them to you for free. If they ask what you need it for, which they've never asked me, just tell them you use them to accurately measure out your cough medicine dosages because the little cups they come with are not accurate enough for you.

:thumb:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I use syringes almost exclusively for DIY and cart filling (ZFM mod pretty much requires syringe filling). Drops vary in size with liquid viscosity, not accurate. They are available cheaper elsewhere, but I got mine way back in Sept when starting out here:

3ml Luer Lock Syringe w/17g Blunt Needle [3mL_Syr_17g] - $1.75 : JuicyLiquid.com, DIY E-Liquid and Accessories!

You can make a 1 mL DIY test batches accurately in the syringe using Scubabatdan's spreadsheet for amounts of components, just pulling up the different components from bottles, then pull a little air into it, cover the needle tip with finger (they are blunt needles), shake it up, and enjoy. If it needs more of something, you can see exactly how much you add. Or use a 10 mL syringe for making final batches. Very accurate, and much safer when using 60-100 mg juices than those messy glass droppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread