drowning batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
With auto-switch PV's such as the 4081 and 901, liquid will go from the atomizer into the battery compartment, especially if you drip on the atomizer. The liquid then builds up around the switch that activates the battery when you inhale and the switch stops working. It makes the battery useless. Most manual switch PV's such as the Screwdriver and the Prodigy are sealed and since they don't have an auto-switch there really isn't anything to get sticky and stop working.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
For those interested in a close-up photo of the hole in the bottom of the atomizer ceramic cup that allows liquid to leech into the battery, see below. Ignore the label 'break point', rather look at the bottom of the cup for the hole. Inside this cup sits a coiled wire that vaporizes out liquids.

AtomizerBreakPoint.jpg

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Looks like it takes one to know one. I've had one 801 battery die because I drowned it. Actually, it was today that it died, and I cut it open to find out what happened to it. The little plastic diaphragm switch was wet and smelt and tasted strongly of cherry eJuice.

My clue should have been that battery becoming harder to draw from over the last few days, but I ascribed that to manufacturing tolerances and luck.

My supplier advocates using and storing the device FLAT. I now wonder if that's a response to the problem of flooded batteries.

I dearly love the amount of vapor my 801s can produce, so to prolong them, I'm draining the cartridges and batteries nightly onto a paper towel and keeping the unit mouth-piece down in my pocket during the day. This has resulted in the odd predicament of needing to point the unit downward in order to get a good vape, but if that's preserving the batteries otherwise, I'm all for it.

Lamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread