ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
V.....a/Sativa/...... claims by Banzhaf

New claims against the dangers of e-cigs:

"Potent" ......... Now Available in E-Cigarettes, Warns ASH

Excerpt:

"If manufacturers -- or even users, since some fill the e-cigarette cartridges themselves -- are already adding not only nicotine but also ...... and ........., why not ......, crack, or other even more potent drugs," asks public interest law professor John Banzhaf, Executive Director of ASH.

My remark: Should we ban Coca-Cola cans because individuals could turn them into a "pipe" to use illegal drugs? :laugh: The logic is silly but can lead to misinformation to the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janetda

ECF Veteran
Where this is reportedly happening, it's perfectly legal. Frankly it has little to do with us and we should probably ignore the whole thing. Although, I do have to say, as a believer in harm reduction I think using an e-cig for the imbibing of the herb, particularly for those who are already ill is a good use of the technology.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Riddle:

How can you tell when the leader of ASH is lying?

Oh you already heard that one?

Seriously, though, is clever lying something they teach in law school? He teaches law classes. Do you think he teaches his students to go after what they want by telling lies?

"...propylene glycol (a respiratory irritant used in antifreeze and known to cause respiratory tract infections)..."

Why would antifreeze manufacturers want to add respiratory irritants to their product? Is that a selling point?

And if PG causes respiratory tract infections, what in the world are they doing using it in products given to lung transplant patients? !!!

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I posted about this on my blog yesterday: :censored: E-Cigs?

And today I posted about Brazhaf's press release: Here Comes the Counter Attack

I'm going to dig, but I don't think there's any more info than that.

And I will keep my blog updated with any new developments

Btw, best not to discuss it here. It is against the rules.

I invite comments on by blog.

Last edited:

jayvap33

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
USA
home.comcast.net
- Assuming you aren't taking ...... daily (2.5mg), the standard dosage is 10mg. But 5mg to 20mg may be needed.
- The vendor, e-cigs.com, states :

"...... at a dose of 40 mg once daily has been approved. The density of E-...... is 20mg of ...... per ml of e-liquid. .... One Cartridge is equivalent to about one ...... tablet in 20 mg dose..."

- That 40mg seems wrong obviously, however, you'd need to vape 2 full pre-filled cartridges to get that much, or 2 ml liquid. That's my only caveat with this FDA-approved drug, regardless of the delivery system (pill or vape), provided you meet the criteria for using it.

Prescribing Info (technical)

Last edited:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The only media coverage that ASH's 4 week old press release generated was Jacob Sullum's mockery at
New E-Cig Menace: You Can Put Your Weed in There
New E-Cig Menace: You Can Put Your Weed in There - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

More importantly, however, FDA TPSAC member Neal Benowitz wrote the following about comparative health risks of vaporizing/smoking ......... at
http://medical..........procon.org/view.source.php?sourceID=1379

"[T]here was virtually no exposure to harmful combustion products using the vaporizing device. Since it replicates smoking’s efficiency at producing the desired ... effect using smaller amounts of the active ingredient as opposed to pill forms, this device has great potential for improving the therapeutic utility of ......

By a significant majority, patients preferred vaporization to smoking, choosing the route of delivery with the fewest side effects and greatest efficiency"

"Smokeless ........ Delivery Device Found Efficient and Less Toxic," University of California, May 15, 2007

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Double_Face_Palm_by_RIOTmon.jpg

Why am I not surprised? Yet another Banzhaf clown remark. The guy is officially off his rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread