The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dry mouth/cotton mouth....

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by -Mimi-, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. -Mimi-

-Mimi- Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have had 2 addictions for 25 years. Cigarettes and diet coke. I am giving up the cigarettes for the vape and LOVING it with one exception. My mouth is worse than cotton. I thought it was from some of my meds.......researched side effects from all of them and nope, not that. THEN I realized it was all the vaping I am doing. Good ole pg and vg will do it to you.

Does this eventually go away? How do you combat it? I really am not a water drinker (yes, I should drink more but its just too healthy) lol

2. AuBadge

AuBadge Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 15, 2012
    Antioch, TN
    I'm afraid you'll need to become more fond of water in order to continue finding vaping enjoyable. The vapor is produced by the moisture found in our mucous membrane, and it must be replenished in order to avoid dehydration ( a most unpleasant condition if you've never had it). There are ways around drinking just "plain old water" (the elixir of life); Crystal Light is a great tasting sugarless mix which makes water even more delicious (I'm lucky enough to actually love water). There are other drink mixes which taste good and still provide a way to fulfill your basic water needs;caffeinated drinks will help dehydrate you further, so don't count them in your daily water total. Try to drink close to a gallon of water a day and you won't have to worry about drying up like jerky.

"Cotton Mouth" is one way your body is telling you to drink more water, and common among vapers.

3. srguapo

srguapo Full Member

Nov 11, 2012
    lehigh valley PA
    I definitely agree with AuBadge, water is your friend. Most people never drink enough water anyway, and vaping will make it very obvious. I just drink a glass of water every couple hours and have no issues. Also helps me cut back on all the soda/juice I used to drink.

4. FreakyStylie

FreakyStylie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    The Internet
    Short answer ... no. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Most people need to drink more water anyway ... the health benefits of drinking water are amazing. All I ever drank was soda. I slowly made the switch like this: soda, soda + juice, soda + iced tea, less soda & more iced tea, soda for lunch and dinner & iced tea or water throughout the day, iced tea + water ... soda for dinner ....... two years later, I have an occasional soda a couple times a week, and I feel amazing.

5. Kat50

Kat50 Full Member

Oct 7, 2012
    CT
    +1 for the crystal lite packets. You can carry them with you and throw them in a bottle of water. The MIO squirt flavors work well to. Either way you need to drink more water or juice or it's cotton mouth and headaches!

By drinking your flavors will also taste better!

6. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    tea, i drink so much tea to begin with I never noticed, but thats my vote, i dont do atificial sweetners and flavoring drinks.

7. steved5600

steved5600 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    IMO Drink more water. Vaping appears to dehydrate you a bit. Water clear and clean is best. IMO Hard to improve on it. Sodas and energy drinks have a lot of stuff that add calories and artificial stuff. We get enough artificial in Vaping. LOL IMO

8. Los Marauder

Los Marauder Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Iowa City
    If you get dehydrated to the point of geting sick (head aches, cramps, feaver) I suggest Pedialight. This is for baies that get dehydrated from diarea ect... I would only recomend it if you are truely dehydrated, and it is about 4x's better at re-hydration that Gator Aid, and the like. It was an old boxing trick to drink a bottle after a fight to keep from cramping. Now USA Amature Boxing recomends this in classes. Best not to dehydate in the first place, but Pedialight can bring you back quickly if you have.

9. -Mimi-

-Mimi- Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welll I guess I have two choices, learn to drink water or give up vaping............guess its time for water lol I was hoping this was just something that happened when starting out and would go away *sigh* lol

10. UncleKielbasa

UncleKielbasa Moved On

Aug 3, 2012
  11. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    while its best it doesnt have to just be water, there must be something you like, juice, gatorade, tea coffee. something (gin and tonic) lol

12. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

To funny, I had the same two addictions, gave up the smokes over 3yrs ago, and just gave up the Diet Coke 6 months ago ( lost 12Lbs in the first month giving up the diet coke too ) switched to this = "Black Rasberry Sparling Ice" ******************************************************************************************************************************************************** The Black Raz is the only flavor I like too ) man is it some great stuff, I buy it 4 cases at a time either from walmart, Giant food stores, or on line, give it a shot maybe :)

13. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you enjoy tea try going decafe. I starting to wonder about the baby liquid. I've vaped so much on the weekends it's starting to affect me.

14. Rachy_B

Rachy_B Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    So does fruit juice or squash/cordial that you mix with water work for dehydration too, or would they be too sugary? Last year after I started vaping I couldn't get enough cold drinks down me... it started becoming quite scary! I mean, usually I'm quite the tea drinker but all of a sudden I wanted cold drinks. Now that I'm back vaping, I'm getting the same urges. Last year part of me wondered if it was the central heating, stress, or diabetes! So it seems vaping makes us healthier in many way- we get off the cigs and we drink more water! Cool!x

15. BikerBob

BikerBob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    VA
    I'd imagine any type of liquid could rehydrate you. Just keep in mind that certain ingredients in the liquid could affect how well it hydrates. Example: salt and/or sugar has been used for centuries for drying foods.

16. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    i'm a huge water drinker and actually really enjoy it..on the weekend when I vape I throw in a glass of water while i'm having some beer..this past sat I vaped really hard as I was at a party..I made sure to get water into me and before bed after the night was over I must have drank 1.5 liters of water on my nightly meal..I still woke up and my nose lungs and throat were pretty sore and I had lots of mucous..it's ok though as the amount of cigars I would have smoked that night would have made it even worse..still though I don't find drinking enough water gets rid of my nose and throat issues..it certainly helps but I still wake up with that feeling when I vape crazy..

17. HerbGuy

HerbGuy Full Member

Coconut water. Way higher in potassium than gatorade or even most potassium supplements. Most of us don't need more sodium, but if you do, that's certainly abundantly available in savory foods.

18. Off Topic

Off Topic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oh, and just in case no one mentioned this: You have to drink a lot of water when you vape. It will dehydrate you.

19. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
  20. SourGummies

SourGummies Full Member Verified Member

Nov 13, 2012
    AZ
    no problems here. Im an avid water drinker. rarely drink soda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.