Dry mouth/cotton mouth....

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mimi-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
here, there and everywhere
I have had 2 addictions for 25 years. Cigarettes and diet coke. I am giving up the cigarettes for the vape and LOVING it with one exception. My mouth is worse than cotton. I thought it was from some of my meds.......researched side effects from all of them and nope, not that. THEN I realized it was all the vaping I am doing. Good ole pg and vg will do it to you.

Does this eventually go away? How do you combat it? I really am not a water drinker (yes, I should drink more but its just too healthy) lol

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
I'm afraid you'll need to become more fond of water in order to continue finding vaping enjoyable. The vapor is produced by the moisture found in our mucous membrane, and it must be replenished in order to avoid dehydration ( a most unpleasant condition if you've never had it). There are ways around drinking just "plain old water" (the elixir of life); Crystal Light is a great tasting sugarless mix which makes water even more delicious (I'm lucky enough to actually love water). There are other drink mixes which taste good and still provide a way to fulfill your basic water needs;caffeinated drinks will help dehydrate you further, so don't count them in your daily water total. Try to drink close to a gallon of water a day and you won't have to worry about drying up like jerky.

"Cotton Mouth" is one way your body is telling you to drink more water, and common among vapers.

Last edited:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Does this eventually go away?

Short answer ... no. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Most people need to drink more water anyway ... the health benefits of drinking water are amazing. All I ever drank was soda. I slowly made the switch like this: soda, soda + juice, soda + iced tea, less soda & more iced tea, soda for lunch and dinner & iced tea or water throughout the day, iced tea + water ... soda for dinner ....... two years later, I have an occasional soda a couple times a week, and I feel amazing.

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
If you get dehydrated to the point of geting sick (head aches, cramps, feaver) I suggest Pedialight. This is for baies that get dehydrated from diarea ect... I would only recomend it if you are truely dehydrated, and it is about 4x's better at re-hydration that Gator Aid, and the like. It was an old boxing trick to drink a bottle after a fight to keep from cramping. Now USA Amature Boxing recomends this in classes. Best not to dehydate in the first place, but Pedialight can bring you back quickly if you have.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have had 2 addictions for 25 years. Cigarettes and diet coke. I am giving up the cigarettes for the vape and LOVING it with one exception. My mouth is worse than cotton. I thought it was from some of my meds.......researched side effects from all of them and nope, not that. THEN I realized it was all the vaping I am doing. Good ole pg and vg will do it to you.

Does this eventually go away? How do you combat it? I really am not a water drinker (yes, I should drink more but its just too healthy) lol

To funny, I had the same two addictions, gave up the smokes over 3yrs ago, and just gave up the Diet Coke 6 months ago ( lost 12Lbs in the first month giving up the diet coke too ) switched to this = "Black Rasberry Sparling Ice" http://www.amazon.com/TalkingRain-S...F8&qid=1352674876&sr=1-1&keywords=TalkingRain The Black Raz is the only flavor I like too ) man is it some great stuff, I buy it 4 cases at a time either from walmart, Giant food stores, or on line, give it a shot maybe :)

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
So does fruit juice or squash/cordial that you mix with water work for dehydration too, or would they be too sugary? Last year after I started vaping I couldn't get enough cold drinks down me... it started becoming quite scary! I mean, usually I'm quite the tea drinker but all of a sudden I wanted cold drinks. Now that I'm back vaping, I'm getting the same urges. Last year part of me wondered if it was the central heating, stress, or diabetes! So it seems vaping makes us healthier in many way- we get off the cigs and we drink more water! Cool!x

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i'm a huge water drinker and actually really enjoy it..on the weekend when I vape I throw in a glass of water while i'm having some beer..this past sat I vaped really hard as I was at a party..I made sure to get water into me and before bed after the night was over I must have drank 1.5 liters of water on my nightly meal..I still woke up and my nose lungs and throat were pretty sore and I had lots of mucous..it's ok though as the amount of cigars I would have smoked that night would have made it even worse..still though I don't find drinking enough water gets rid of my nose and throat issues..it certainly helps but I still wake up with that feeling when I vape crazy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread