The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

dse-901 auto battery trouble's

Discussion in 'Battery Issues' started by Löki, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Löki

Löki Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    I have 2 very used auto 901 battery's that show 3.9v and work but the draw needed to get the light to turn on almost makes me passout. So what's the deal did I get liquid inside the battery? If so will letting it dry out standing up help? Or are they just done dead over_used?

Without an atty the draw to get the light lit is very easy. And yes i have tryed a difernt atty and it acted the same. The battery brass is clean of crud. The batterry's are about 2 1/2 month's old and used alot, But I do have older one's used more that do not act this way..

Thanx

2. Swipple

Swipple Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Salt Lake City
    Sounds like you need to clean out your atty's

3. tarkus

tarkus Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Dunedin, Florida
    I have 1 kr808d-1 batt that has the same problem. I believe that it is a change in the operating switch within the batt. I also have a greencig batt that is the now the exact opposite. Any hint of an inhale and it turns on. It seems like the switches within some of the auto batts can change over time and use.

4. Dogsbody

Dogsbody Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia

Maybe they are both right? the older bats that work ok might be super sensitive and the newer ones normal, with a clogged atty you dont notice it's bad when using the old ones.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.