ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Hey, Purkat - got mine 2 days ago - authentic SLB part (stamped and serialnumbered) very good build, slightlyheavy in the hand, not chintzy, works as advertised. Has a little airhole so the cart-zer can get the airflow it needs. It's about 1 inch tall, so doesn't add a lot of length. I'm pretty sure the only color right now is black, but it's a nice gloss black with verythin gold band where it meets the 901batt. The price is outstanding. I would buy again (if i decide cart-zers are worth it)

I have done business with Rob at VaporCountry several times now - never a problem - two-day mail receipt consistently - IMO, he takes his business seriously and it shows.

Hope this helps.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I bought one from him, and it works really well. I bought an adapter from Altsmoke to use my 510 to 901 atoimzer, and then hooked up that Cartomizer adapter. I'm enjoying a Watermelon 24Mg Cartomizer on my 510 MEGA battery right now yum yum.

They have a hole on the side of the cartomizer adapter just like what is on the dse 901 atomizer.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I found one one supplier website, that they have a DSE-901 Cartomizer Adapter, here at VaporCountry http://www.shop.vaporcountry.com/product.sc;jsessionid=178C26F019B2E63AB85A431773526BD4.qscstrfrnt04?productId=220&categoryId=1

Has anyone tried these, and are they any good? I have not seen these on other websites, so was wondering why not everyone carries them?

Thanks! ;)
IMHO it works great I use it on my Janty Stick so I can use the cartomizers on it the 901 adapter's connection for the JS is deep so I can't even screw the cartomizers in if I wanted to VC's adapter was the solution not only did it extended it enough so I can use my cartomizers but provides a vent as well.. I previously made an adapter my JS, but VC's is a little cleaner (I rushed to do it during my lunch break at work)
see here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ck-801-112-atty-mod-kr808d-1-cartomizers.html

If you have mech skills and the right parts you could make one as well..

I love it the JS uses basic li-ion batts (AAA size) and is inexpensive to replace.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
How would the staple mod make the cartomizer work on a 901? of course I am still trying to figure out how that mod will make an 801 fit a mini pipe!

The threads are the same (unless I have a weird 901 battery?) If I cinch a cart down it won't draw (well, barely maybe), if I back it off a bit, it will draw but not always make good contact. If I use the staple mod, I can sock it down pretty good and still have a gap that allows air flow. It is still a pretty uhhhhh... 'stiff' draw (whatever the heck you would call that) but definitely nothing more than some e-cigs I've tried.

Take care,
- Hap

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
What a good idea! I have the Vapor King passthru..and some carts for it. While the 901 carts fit the vapor king passthrough..the 901 batts won't fit the vaopr king carts! Perfect soultion. Thank you very much.:D

Hi MaryKay,

Do you like the 901 or the Vapor King, the best?

I am waiting on my order, since it appears the Chineese are on a holiday, until Oct 8th, so everyone is out of supplies. HA!

Thanks! ;)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I love my 901's, both manual and auto. I don't have the vapor king..just a Vaper King passthrough that Steve from Vapor4Life sent me. I really like it, very powerful! The plus is that the Vapor King has a new battery out that is longer then the regular battery..longer vaping between charges.
I would recommend both. It just depends on your preference. 901 is a lighter (almost a light cigarette) vapor King is more of a medium (regular cigarette). But with this adapter, you can use the cartomizer with a 901. You can use a 901 adomiser with the vapor King battery (I think) I know it fits the passthrough. . It's a win win.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
The threads are the same (unless I have a weird 901 battery?) If I cinch a cart down it won't draw (well, barely maybe), if I back it off a bit, it will draw but not always make good contact. If I use the staple mod, I can sock it down pretty good and still have a gap that allows air flow. It is still a pretty uhhhhh... 'stiff' draw (whatever the heck you would call that) but definitely nothing more than some e-cigs I've tried.

Take care,
- Hap

The ingenuity of vapers never ceases to amaze me.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. What next? The ten pound potatoes in a five pound sack mod?

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
I love my 901's, both manual and auto. I don't have the vapor king..just a Vaper King passthrough that Steve from Vapor4Life sent me. I really like it, very powerful! The plus is that the Vapor King has a new battery out that is longer then the regular battery..longer vaping between charges. I would recommend both. It just depends on your preference. 901 is a lighter (almost a light cigarette) vapor King is more of a medium (regular cigarette). But with this adapter, you can use the cartomizer with a 901. You can use a 901 adomiser with the vapor King battery (I think) I know it fits the passthrough. . It's a win win.

I did not realize the Vapor King passthru would work on the DSE-901..hmm... interesting, might have to try that. HA!

Thanks! ;)

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
I have this adaptor and the draw is WAY to light for me. Maybe I need to play with it more to get the hang of it, but for now, I'm not impressed.

Couldn't you just put your finger over the air hole drilled in it to tighten up the draw? Or maybe just partially cover til you get what you like.

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I love my 901's, both manual and auto. I don't have the vapor king..just a Vaper King passthrough that Steve from Vapor4Life sent me. I really like it, very powerful! The plus is that the Vapor King has a new battery out that is longer then the regular battery..longer vaping between charges.
I would recommend both. It just depends on your preference. 901 is a lighter (almost a light cigarette) vapor King is more of a medium (regular cigarette). But with this adapter, you can use the cartomizer with a 901. You can use a 901 adomiser with the vapor King battery (I think) I know it fits the passthrough. . It's a win win.

The cartomizer is a combo atty/filled cart and it is disposable?

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas

Correct.

In the case of the VK, it is sometimes referred to as semi-disposable because you can refill the cartomizers up to 10 - 15 times, according to some people.

Most of us do refill because, like all PVs, it saves money and gives you more flavor options.

Bob

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.

Yes, that is correct, the KR808D-1 uses the Cartomizer, which makes it a 2 piece device -- the Cartomizer plus the Battery. The Cartomizer is the Atomizer and Cartridge all in one piece.

The DSE-901 is a 3 piece device, consisting of the Battery, Atomizer and the regular Cartridge, which holds the smoking liquid.

Both the regular Cartridge and the Cartomizer can be refilled, however, the Cartomizer can only be refilled a few times, before it begins to taste burnt. The regular Cartridges can be refilled several times before they taste burnt.

Hope this helps.

Happy Vaporing! ;)

It wouldn't be very complicated to make one of these at all.
I just recently got one to try out cartomizers for the first time, and frankly I adore them, so I'm thinking I'll be making my own adapters in the future.

All you'd really need is a dead 901 (or kr808d) battery, a dead 901 atomizer, soldering iron and some small gauge wire. Granted you need some skills, proper tools and determination to gut an atomizer, but it can be done.

Gut the atomizer (and remove female connector), remove the male connector from the battery, wire the female connector to the male connector inside of the gutted atomizer tube, positive to positive (that's the center post).. Force connectors in to atty tube. Done.
The atty body should supply the negative.

It'll be a little longer than this adapter, but it'll do the same exact thing and if you're .... you can cut it.
I'm no electrician, but after building a magnum mod it at least sounds correct, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread