DSE 901 cartridge refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbuddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Atchison, Kansas USA
One of the smartest investments i've made since starting to vape is fill. First i tried the teabags, big bag of pillow stuffing, on and on and on. Then i noticed at Liberty cig's, just changed their site but there's a link to it, that they sell sheets of fill at the right weight for whatever cig. they carry. For 1.99 (or 2.99) got a sheet that will last me a year, that lets all the juice get used - ALL of it! They only carry the 4075's but it works just fine with the 901's.
No more adventures into frustration and clumsiness. They have nice instructions w/it and you can vary until you find what works for you. Beats the heck out of the factory stuffing and it's just so easy. I don't dread re-stuffing my carts anymore at all.
Just a suggestion, I have no ties to them, just couldn't believe what a change in my attitude and frustration it made.

Marian

the_cold_revolution

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis MO
www.myspace.com
I have the same problem, with my 901! Sometimes I draw and little or no vapor is produced on the same magnitude of hit as the previous one. I check the filler and it still has juice. I replace the battery and maybe 10 puffs later it will happen again. (It is really embaressing when you are trying to show someone how it works)

The factory filler has some soft, white, plastic looking bottom to it that is worn off or loose on most of my filler since I first opened it. It is only about as big as a pencil lead, but I cut it off and that didn't help.

I used to put 8 or so drops to refill and that would last me a 3-4 hours and juice would always be left over, but now I only put 3-4 drops and maybe one on the atty depending on how I feel every hour or so. This last almost as long and saves juice. I just wish I had filler that would work all the time. I am thinking of using the spring mod and trying it out on a cart. I forget who made it so I can't give credit, but you can find it under mods.

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I can only imagine two things that may be happening...
For your rate of vaping.. If you are a heavy vaper.. then your battery life may be in question. If you think your battery is not holding up to your consistency of use, then you may want to consider a battery pack to assist your unit.
When adding juice to your cartridge.. adding too much will have the same effect as not having enough. Too many drips will result in a decline in vapor production. Also, If you make your own juice.. say, get a 5mil plastic dropper bottle, get some flavorless nic or no nic juice and measure 2.5 mils of this into the plastic dropper, get whatever flavor you want to add and play around till you get the right amount that you like not to exceed 1.25 mils, and top this off with VG or generic glycerine ( you can pick this up at any grocery store in the cake decorating isle) not to exceed 1mil. cap the bottle and shake.. good to go.
The reason I say this is because you can work within this formula and customize a juice that has the throat hit you want and the vap production your looking for. Glycerin helps in vapor production and tweeking your base ( the nic juice) to have more of a concentration than your flavor will give you more throat hit. I always start with 2.5 mils of nic... and fluctuate my flavor from at .75 mil to 1.25 mil ( starting at .75 and working up little by little) then, I add 1 mil of glycerin.. and there you have it. If it is more vap production your looking for.. try glycerin in your juice. Just be careful to only use a small amount at a time if you are simply adding it to alredy mixed juice by a company. Too much glycerin will clog addies. I have only mixed juice from scratch using glycerin and if I were to add to company juice.. I would get a cc syringe and only add a quarter of a cc at a time.:thumb:

mp166

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
london
I've started using empty carts from Heavenly Gifts, if you remember to order well in advance the airmail option costs $3 delivered to UK, and the carts themselves are only $1.70 for ten, so they well cheap. I find a cart last about 5 days refilling then the stuffing goes a bit nasty, but at this price its not worth cleaning etc just junk it and use new one.

MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread