DSE 901 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Loss of vapor can indicate a low battery, drawing off a nearly dry cartridge or a defective atomizer. I am sure there may be a few other reasons I missed. That said, contact the sell of your 901 and ask for an atomizer exchange. Yhe longer you are in this e-cig thing and the more devices you collect, you will learn what is normal and what is not.

C

ceejay

Just check that you haven't flooded your atomiser Ceejay. Blow through the battery end onto a tissue and then vape with a blank mouthpiece to see if that helps. Just be careful not to vape it too dry.

yea i've done this and it still isn't working right :mad: guess it's a bad atomizer. so disappointing to have my first 2 atomizers fail within the first week

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Try dissassembling the atomizer from the battery. Now blow 4 times into the LED end the pressure switch might need to be reset. I'm not sure how hard you need to blow, I think some one said at least 4 strong puffs like the pressure needed to start blowing up a balloon.

You people are awesome :)

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
first couple days i used my brand new atomizer it was working extremely well with lots of vapor. now, less than a week later performance has dropped off a lot. now when i take a drag barely any vapor is coming out and it feels like it's harder to drag now like it's clogged. bad atomizer or is there a solution for this?
ceejay i have discovered something about my DSE901’s.....take your 901 Atomizer and grab a cotton bud *the one on the stick that you can use to clean out your ears with*

(which you shouldn't do cause you can damage your ear drums) but i do, tsk@me

anyway!, pinch the tip of the cotton bud and make sure it is flat so to get it into a small gap, now push the flat cotton bud into the edge of the thread end of the atomizer and push it in and run it around the outer circle at the battery end of the atomizer

I some times take a tooth pick type tool and lift the round ring circle type part at the battery end of the atomizer and move it about and upwards ....I think sometimes the battery end of the atomizer inside where a little ring type thing is with a black rubber ban underneather, well it can stop touching the battery when you screw the battery on and thats why you start to get very little vapor after some time goes by...this is what i have discovered anyway ....this method that i use often gets my 901's going again......works for me anyway

if you are confused at what i mean, just PM me and i will try to explain it to you a little better...

Let me know how you go :)

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
ceejay i have discovered something about my DSE901’s.....take your 901 Atomizer and grab a cotton bud *the one on the stick that you can use to clean out your ears with*

(which you shouldn't do cause you can damage your ear drums) but i do, tsk@me

anyway!, pinch the tip of the cotton bud and make sure it is flat so to get it into a small gap, now push the flat cotton bud into the edge of the thread end of the atomizer and push it in and run it around the outer circle at the battery end of the atomizer

I some times take a tooth pick type tool and lift the round ring circle type part at the battery end of the atomizer and move it about and upwards ....I think sometimes the battery end of the atomizer inside where a little ring type thing is with a black rubber banned underneather, well it is stops touching the battery when you screw the battery on and thats why you start to get very little vapor after some time goes by...this is what i have discovered anyway ....this method that i use often gets my 901's going again......works for me anyway

if you are confused at what i mean, just PM me and i will try to explain it to you a little better...

Let me know how you go :)
i
Rick--Yes--I have found many times what appeared to be another atomizer failure was in fact a connection issue and methods like this do in fact work for this issue---Thanks--Sun

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Brian i was just about to throw my 901 in the bin out of complete announce, but then i grabbed a tooth pick and frustratingly giggled it into and around the hole at the Atomizer end seeing if i can do anything to get it going again, i then acidently pushed that small ring at the atomizer end upwards...not knowing that it did the trick...and abracadabra..it was working again!

Somebody needs to inform the manufactures of this seeming problem with the 901 atomizers mate, because can you imagine just how many 901’s have been thrown in the bin when it could have been saved.

Everybody get the word out about this method of fixing your 901 atomizers, might save some people there hard earned cash...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread