DSE601 e-Pipe Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
I too have had a 601 for 3 weeks and was about to write a review. That would be redundant now as I have had exactly the same experience.
Does anybody have experience with the Ruyan pipe and does it address the issues with the 601?
The main problems are: Sticky switch and pocket-full of juice.
I love my 601 and would pay 10 times the price to avoid these issues.
Great review BTW. Well done you.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I'm not having the problems that some people are.........yet. Been using my DSE601 for almost 2 months. According to Hoyle, I should be starting to see a degradation in it's functions, but I'm not............yet. No sticky switch, no wet bowl. I did have wet bowl issues at first when I was using a very thin juice (SS Choice menthol), but now all I notice is that the battery is a little damp when I put in a fresh battery. But no leaking into my pocket or anything.

I stated using the blue foam cart filler from Strictly E Juice today, and so far, every hit has been full. No thin hits at all. Maybe there's something to this blue foam filler. It seems to wick the juice really good. I do use juice that has some VG in it, so it's thicker than PG juice and that may be solving the wet bowl issue. Maybe I got lucky and got a good unit. I bought mine from ARLO Electric Smoking Products.

I went to Heaven Gates.com to buy the Ruyan last night and they didn't have any in stock. I found two at other sites, but they were both more expensive than the $160 for the Ruyan at HeavenGates.com. So I'm waiting till they get some more in stock.

Ed.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
ArenqueRojo,

What a great review! And what a great set-up you have gathered for mixing juice. I have not made the jump to mixing my own yet, but I may if this vapor habit last much longer. I've been vaping menthol (which may not be your thing) but I love the menthol flavor as opposed to the taste of a regular cigarette (which I have not had in about 10 days now - unbelievable to me).

If you find a really great electronic pipe in your travels, please let us know.

Ed Williams
Dallas, Texas USA

ArenqueRojo

Mar 17, 2010
Touring Europe
I stated using the blue foam cart filler from Strictly E Juice today, and so far, every hit has been full. No thin hits at all. Maybe there's something to this blue foam filler. It seems to wick the juice really good. I do use juice that has some VG in it, so it's thicker than PG juice and that may be solving the wet bowl issue. Maybe I got lucky and got a good unit. I bought mine from ARLO Electric Smoking Products.

Hi Ed
Since writing that review, I too have started using blue foam from the local fish tank section of the supermarket.
Previously, I had been cutting the VG with about 6% water to get the wicking to work but that was obviously too much as it resulted in flooding.
When I put the blue foam in I went back to 100% VG and no more problems with flooding at all and the wicking works very well. To give that some measure, with the old wick and the watered juice a battery charge would last nearly 1 day. With the blue foam, I can get nearly 2 days on a charge because I am not having to "puff up" the juice.
So I reckon the blue foam is the answer - a 6" cube cost €3 so not an expensive mod!
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread