dse801 joye510 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Shreveport/Bossier City,LA
i just recieved my 801 today and have been using it for several hours and i have noticed several things about it compared to the 510. first i get much more vapor production with the 510 using the exact same juice. why? second the 801 after a few pulls gets a burnt tast. im sure the atty is getting dry but the damn carts hold so much more liquid than the 510. i can fill my 510 and it takes quiet a while before i have to top off but the 801 i have to drop 1-2 drops on the atty evry once in a while. is there a reason why the 801 is getting the burnt taste so soon with such a bigger cart? i have even put the PTB in the 801. please help if you can. i was thinking the 801 was going to be much better than the 510 but as of right now its not.

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
i just got my 801 today and notice the same thing = burnt after a few hits.

the leaky carts (lol) hold a ton of juice, but it doesn't draw it up very well, so i have to drip the atomizer.

look forward to hearing cart tips to fix the problem. i remember reading about cutting them down a bit if the cart doesn't draw down well, but i'm not sure how recessed the cart material is supposed to be. I only have 10 carts, so i don't want to screw them up

maybe the straw mod will fix this problem?

I will say they are damn easier to refill! what a joy, except for the juice that runs down the outside of the inner cart.

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
ok i put some dry cart filler (fluval) down the bottom of the cartridge and put the soaked cart on top of it. seems to get good vapor now and the cart filler now recedes what i would consider a standard amount? I can see a little pouch in there where the atomizer rests.

i'll see how it does on wicking out the juice. the vapor and flavor seems to be much better.

if you don't have cart filler handy, you could maybe borrow some from another ecig cartridge?

oh yeah my carts have that punky glue down the bottom of them to hold the cart filler. Guess i'll have to cut all those off. they are worthless to hold anything and taste like crap if they get burnt. i sometimes flip my filler over in my carts to vape the bottom of the carts. I may have even done that with this one. eww glue vape!

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
don't give up so soon! just try dripping it for a few days to break in the atty better and play around with the cart filler consistency. the prefilled carts i got were too dense in filler material, but the empties were much better. no dripping down the inner cart like crazy.

i think once we figure out how to fill the cart and the proper length density, it should work pretty well.

it's so hard to see how an atomizer functions from a vendors website. I wish these had an air hole in the atomizer like the 901's. that's a long tunnel for the vapor to come out.

dripping for a few days should square you away. just about 4-5 drops on the atty and tailpipe it without any cart. the think i do like about it is you can do that and it doesn't get HOT like a 510.

i agree with you though, how the hell could these ever be popular when they leak like hell? 8-o:p

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
ps - make sure you give your batteries a full charge whether you think they need it or not. i know i vaped mine out of the box, but i did see the power go down rather quickly. i'll leave my batteries on a full 8 hrs now and that should help.

you need power in the battery to pull the liquid and get it to vape.
I fully charged my batteries and the first one lasted from about 11am till 10pm. and i have used about 7ml of fluid in the carts in a few hours and i think i could have vaped on 7ml for 2 days in my 510

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
6link, I've responded to 2 of your other threads on this issue already. Try to flood your 801 atomizer and leave it sit for a good 10-15 minutes so the wick can soak up the juice. The wick is dry and burning. You may have burned the wick too much already and might not be able to get rid of the burnt taste now. Try another atty if you have one. Make sure you let it soak for a while before using it though. I don't know why the sellers are sending out unprimed atties now, but it's leading to a lot of headaches.

I PMd this message to you too just in case you aren't reading any of the responses to your posts.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
i just looked at the 2 extra attys that i bought and i guess they are the high bridge and the one that came in the 801 kit is a low. is one better than the other? will one or the other make much difference in performance?

Nah, they should perform about the same once you get them broken in and the wicks working well. I thought the high bridge sucked at first, but once they were wicking better they seemed to work just fine. The problem was that they had no primer fluid and the wick was so dry that it wouldn't wick any of the fluid from the carts at all. Took forever to figure that out and get them wicking correctly.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Nah, they should perform about the same once you get them broken in and the wicks working well. I thought the high bridge sucked at first, but once they were wicking better they seemed to work just fine. The problem was that they had no primer fluid and the wick was so dry that it wouldn't wick any of the fluid from the carts at all. Took forever to figure that out and get them wicking correctly.
when using the high bridge do i need to cut the ptb filler a little shorter so the bridge doesnt ran too tight against it? and with the low bridge to i need to make the filler just a lil longer? these may be stupid questions but sometimes its the best way to learn.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
when using the high bridge do i need to cut the ptb filler a little shorter so the bridge doesnt ran too tight against it? and with the low bridge to i need to make the filler just a lil longer? these may be stupid questions but sometimes its the best way to learn.

Yeah, you'd be better off either cutting your filler shorter or folding the PTB so that it drapes on both sides of the atty bridge. Kinda so it makes an upside down V shape and just rests on top of the atty bridge.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
i just looked at the 2 extra attys that i bought and i guess they are the high bridge and the one that came in the 801 kit is a low. is one better than the other? will one or the other make much difference in performance?

Yes. The high-brige (801) atomizers only last a few weeks at best and commonly have wicking problems. The low-bridge (RN4072) atmoizers last for months and never have wicking problems.

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule but from my experience the RN4072 is vastly superior.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
ok i have been trying to get this damn 801 to do something for several days now and i stll have nothing. i have tried 3 attys all of them act exactly the same. i actually took the liquid resevoir off of a cart and just started drippin like 2 drops on the atty and waiting a few minutes but i still get the same results as with a cart. i used the suggestion to flood them and let them sit before use and still nothing. i am using a 510 and 801 side by side and my 510 far exceeds the 801 in throat hit,taste,vapor and warmth of vapor. i am at my wits end with the 801. i thought the 801 was supposed to be better than the 510. i can take a 1 second puff on the 510 and i get more vapor,taste and throat hit than a 5-6 second hit on the 801. WTF is the deal???

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
What brand 801 is this? I only use Janty Kissbox/TAWA and RN4072 atty's. Neither of them have let me down so far, in over 3 months vaping.

The vapor is not going to be warmer than the 510. The distance from the heating element to your lips is much closer than a penstyle. If you want warm vapor on a penstyle atty then you need a 5V+ mod. I actually prefer the penstyle at higher volts personally. Good flavorful thick warm vapor. Of course, when you use higher volts, you pretty much do away with carts since they can't keep up with the atty's juice vaporization.

The burnt taste is a sign that the atty needs more liquid.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
What brand 801 is this? I only use Janty Kissbox/TAWA and RN4072 atty's. Neither of them have let me down so far, in over 3 months vaping.

The vapor is not going to be warmer than the 510. The distance from the heating element to your lips is much closer than a penstyle. If you want warm vapor on a penstyle atty then you need a 5V+ mod. I actually prefer the penstyle at higher volts personally. Good flavorful thick warm vapor. Of course, when you use higher volts, you pretty much do away with carts since they can't keep up with the atty's juice vaporization.

The burnt taste is a sign that the atty needs more liquid.
i bought this 801 from heaven-gifts and i bought 2 extra attys from them. i can live without warmth but i would like to have some throat hit and vapor at least. i took the fluid resevoir off my cart and just use the tip so i can drip 2-3 drops on atty but no difference in performance. i bought a chuck several days ago so im fixn to have hv covered. i have tried everything i can think of and things people have recommended on here and have the same results.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
These are for sure not common problems. I am curious if your voltage from the battery is high enough, and I'm also curious what resistance your atty's are.

You can always try a different brand atty.

Penstyle PV's are great, so don't give up on them just yet :)

Curious, your Chuck that you ordered, what connection did you get it with? I wonder if things will improve with higher voltage (or just a different battery) on those atty's.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
These are for sure not common problems. I am curious if your voltage from the battery is high enough, and I'm also curious what resistance your atty's are.

You can always try a different brand atty.

Penstyle PV's are great, so don't give up on them just yet :)

Curious, your Chuck that you ordered, what connection did you get it with? I wonder if things will improve with higher voltage (or just a different battery) on those atty's.
yeah i have never owned an 801 and even i know its not common. this thing really sucks .... i can use either battery fully charged and its the same thing. the resistance on my attys is 2.9 3.3 and 3.4. i ordered my chuck with 510 connection. i was going to get a 510 to 801 adapter for the chuck but after the extremely poor performance of the 801 im not sure if i want to spend more to beat a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread