DSE801 Manual Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen28f

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Chester, WV
I got an 801 manual battery and manual battery passthrough from rocky mountain vapor. The manual passthrough works great but I haven't been able to try the manual battery yet because, silly me, I didn't realize it needed a different charger than the wall charger I have for my automatic battery.

I'm still trying to find a wall charger for the manual battery (U.S. only) but anyway, I just ordered the auto/manual battery USB charger from rocky mountain today. I notice that the button on the passthrough manual battery is raised a bit higher than the manual battery, but both make a noticeable click when pressed and released. I'm getting good vapor action from my passthrough too. On this count, I don't notice any difference between it and the automatic.

Guess what? All you need to do is go back to Rocky Mountain. They sell an adaptor for like $4 that is specifically for putting on a manual 801 battery to charge in an auto 801 charger. I just picked one up yesterday!!!:D

mycro

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Michigan
I was thinking I was having problems cause the button doesn't stick out far enough but it is NOT that-cause I tried again and there is a definite click when I push it-and I have tried a few things I saw listed in the forum (one was to slightly raise the middle pole on the center of the battery for better contact-also tried plugging into dif usb ports and a wall usb adapter) I just don't get much vapor doing any of these things.
ps-if i feel the outside of the atomizer-most times it is barely warm

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Nope. It ain't user error.:( Or, if it is, this user is making the same error (and I do just fine with my Prodigy).

I also am disappointed with the performance of the 801 manual battery. I'm enjoying my new atty from RMV, however, and really like the fact that it is stainless steel throughout (without a black band at the battery end). Makes for an elegant look with the all-steel battery. [Now if someone would only come out with a silver-colored mouthpiece (what I've call "The Silver Spoon."]

More than anything is the tremendous service from from RMV. He processed and sent out my order within *2 hours* - at 11 PM his time! It arrived 2 days later.:)

hi, just bought 2 manual batteries from ruyandirect for testing. i'm sorry to tell but i'm disappointed. they do not even have the power of an auto-batt. exhale vapour about 1/2 of the vapour with auto-batts (also from ruyandirect) after 4 sec. draw. has anybody made same experience, or did i just get 2 "bad" ones? I like my pens so much and was so hardly looking for good batts (without having to mod) and now...... I was serching for a review in all existing forums around but didn't find anyting.
regards

I have measured the voltage on the manual batteries and it is 3.5V fully charged with no load. The automatic batteries have a terminal voltage of 4.2V fully charged. The lower voltage is, I believe because the manual switch is a "soft" switch and controls a solid state switch in the battery housing which does not have a low enough resistance when turned on. However, I find I can compensate for this by keeping the battery turned on for slightly longer.

Give the fact the the pressure switches in automatic batteries are notoriously unreliable, I plan on only buying only manual batteries in future, depsite the fact that they deliver slightly less power than the automatic ones.

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
Hey, Keyzgirl and neighbor (sort of), I agree with you. I'm sticking with US suppliers except for Decadent Vapours in England-great juice!

I just wrote a long expose on my experience with 801's purchased from Eastmall in the thread "East Mall PCC for 901". None of my batteries hold a charge so I am in pursuit of a charger to see if that is the problem. I have both manual and automatic and love the 801 when I am using my passthrough. Otherwise I only get a 1/2 hour tops on each charge and some don't charge at all! :mad:

Off to visit Rocky Mountain Vapors and Dietsmokes (both terrific suppliers IMHO). Oh, and my new personal favorite ecigsmokestore-Dawn Marie is wonderful to deal with.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend and the beginning of the regular college football season!!! :D

Lynn

Last edited:

embryo

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
west of Ft. Worth, Texas, USA
I realize that this is an older thread, but I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the BE112 manual batteries as compared with other 801-style manual batteries. I bought an 801 auto pass-thru and it kicks the .... of my auto batteries. I'm hoping for a little more kick from my 801 when on the go, and everybody seems to rave about going manual....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread